5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is Funny Delicious!
I personally kept a journal (fine, diary) all through grade school, junior high (the most horrid two-years of my life) and high school. I can't help but cringe when I read back on my childish angst, anger and insecurity. But when I read Mortified I realized I was not alone. Not alone in ending my entries with a "bye bye" as if the diary were an actual friend (like I had...
Published on December 15, 2006 by Stefanie Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Painfully funny
Painfully funny. It was good, I liked it, but after a while all the stories started sounding the same and I was sort of just reading to get to the end. It might have been better if I had been left wanting more instead.

This is a book that is probably better read in bits and pieces than straight through.
Published on October 14, 2008 by P. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny read, July 28, 2010
This review is from: Mortified: Real Words. Real People. Real Pathetic. (Paperback)
This book was great and didn't take long to read because you don't want to put it down until you are done reading and remember just how awkward childhood can be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, November 2, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, December 23, 2006
I actually laughed out loud in the bookstore when I a read a page or two, so I knew I had to buy it. It made me go home to search for the journal I had in high school.....way back when. Everyone can relate to this book and I suggest everyone read it.

I finally when out and bought another one as a gift!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Painfully funny, October 14, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars disturbed, October 28, 2013
I am not sure which is worse. That I could relate to most of these stories and enjoyed reading them or the fact that my younger self would not have left the house EVER if any of it had leaked out then. This was great! A must read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent book, but not what I expected., March 12, 2013
When I read about this book, I thought it would be more funny than it actually was. The idea of peeking into someone's life and looking at their embarrassing moments or thoughts can be really entertaining, as it can make you identify with the writer or see parallels with yourself. But, this seemed more about coming of age than anything else. Most of the entries in it weren't all that funny, and I guess you have to be the person writing it to find it humorous, but that's ok. It was still a decent read, and I don't regret buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny Stuff, January 5, 2012
Parts of this book were hilarious, and others not so much. I think the older you are the funnier you will find the stories, because you will remember writing similar things yourself and how absolutely serious you were when you wrote them. The life and death obstacles of a 15 year old become humorous as you get older and learn what real problems are.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mortified, March 8, 2007
I enjoyed this book throughly. The only disappointment that I had was that I thought it was going to be funny throughout but yet there seemed to be some very sad parts. Even though I found myself unable to put the book down.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mundane, Repetitive, No Variety, February 22, 2007
I sat and read this book in an evening. Practically all of the entries were from people that were of a certain cultural background (Jewish) and from a certain area (Massachusetts). It would have been nice if there would have been more varied situations, i.e. students from large vs. small high schools, racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, socio-economic backgrounds. Great concept, but it falls short. Also, a lot of the entries were really similar... there's got to be more teenage craziness out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 3, 2014
Wonderful - thank you

Mortified: Real Words. Real People. Real Pathetic.
Mortified: Real Words. Real People. Real Pathetic. by David Nadelberg (Paperback - November 28, 2006)
$24.99 $19.15