Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

50%
50%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 17, 2008
Some interesting music here, a mix of rock, pop, jazz, world, and some 'who knows what'. My favorite song on the album is the long version of 'Surreal No. 9' with it's backwards voices and long Raga jam. My second fav is the long version of 'Oil' with it's hardline political view and the long Middle Eastern jam section. Bleecker Street is also a cool song, with it's swaggery jazz groove and funky sax solos. This is for the most part a really good CD, with lots of bonus material, something like two hours plus.I have some of their other albums, but I think this is the best one to start with, as there is a lot to like on this album. Their 'Tomorrow is the answer' album is more popular because it gets radio play on some of the chill stations, but this is a much more adventurous album geared to a more sophisticated listener. I like this CD the best, out of all their stuff.
on September 25, 2011
If you like long jams and world music flavors, you have to get this album. I always like Robert Plant's later solo work because he puts a little global music sound into it. Peter Gabriel and even the new Superheavy album with Mick Jagger does the same thing. So, that's why I really like this album. Plus, finding new bands is always so much fun!!