5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Source
Published on July 30, 2010 by Gina Cat

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
Nice small size, but I can't say it has everything I could ask for. I would say I can find about 60-70% of what I'm looking for with this book. The rest of the time I still need to search the Internet. Sometimes I feel like one particular website is a better resource. I am in dietetics.
Published on November 16, 2010 by Christina Thi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Source, July 30, 2010
This review is from: Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference, 9e (Mosby's Diagnostic & Laboratory Test Reference) (Paperback)
I got this book because I am a nursing student and I thought it would supplement my classes. I had no idea exactly how useful it would be. This is the PERFECT reference for every test. It gives more information than my textbooks even give. It doesn't only contain lab draws but also colonoscopy, CT scans etc. It doesn't skimp on information. The book is physically on the smaller side, which is good because you can keep it with you when you need it. However, it contains all of the information you need regarding testing.

The book provides how the test is performed, normal ranges for adults, older adults, and children, as well as a narrative description of the purpose and procedure of the test. This description can range from a half page to 5 or 6 pages of very useful, concise information. It gives a great picture of what the test consists of and what is being evaluated. Pagana & Pagana also describe what might cause variations in test results. Finally, at the end of each entry they include a list of what increased levels and then decreased levels might indicate, in order of prevalence. I have used this book countless times and it helped me understand better than any textbook could. I'd also consider it very easy to comprehend. It's a great resource. Lastly, it has contained every test I have ever tried to look up, even uncommon maternal blood draws that I could not find by searching online.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, November 16, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have nursing book, November 6, 2010
S. Crane (Tinley Park, IL) - See all my reviews
Bought this book for nursing school. It has really helped me along so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the $ if in RN school, September 14, 2013
The book does have some key point about diff labs and such, but I've always had to look else where for more info. It does not provide enough information to be worth buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, April 18, 2013
This is a very helpful reference. I used it all through nursing school and have even used it to look up personal stuff. It tells you about different blood work and the reasons your labs might be high or low to help you understand better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Mosby's diagnostic and lab test referance, October 7, 2014
Great book, Mosby's diagnostic and lab test referance. I borrowed this book in class from my Nursing instructor and found it to be a quick excellent referance. I received this book in good condition, just as described by the seller. Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, February 7, 2010
This book is very useful for figuring out what different lab tests mean. It is very easy to understand the components to each of the tests.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., January 31, 2009
This is a great book for looking up information on labs for clinical in nursing school. I've loved this book. It came within the time it was suppose to come and was brand new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you so much for providing something so wonderful to nursing students at such a good price, November 17, 2014
This book is helpful beyond words! Thank you so much for providing something so wonderful to nursing students at such a good price! God bless you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 3, 2014