- Paperback: 279 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 2 edition (April 30, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416062041
- ISBN-13: 978-1416062042
- Product Dimensions: 10.7 x 8.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (160 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #48,053 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Mosby's Review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination, 2e 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
If you have no previous pharmacy experience:
1. Read an actual text, such as The Pharmacy Technician by Perspective Press
2. Then use a review book, such as Mosby's Review for the Pharmacy Technician
If you have the general gist of pharmacy, the CD that comes with this book is pretty much all you need. The CD contains flashcards, a study mode, and an exam mode for you to practice reviewing and testing in a format similar to the real test.
If you don't know what to study:
1. Calculations and conversions (flow rates, alligations, dosages, etc.--know these solidly)
2. Drug regulation laws/agencies (HIPAA, DEA forms, FDA, etc.)
By taking practice tests, you will pick up on random tidbits of information and begin to recognize drug names. Take a lot, because there were questions on the actual test I had seen before. As for the Top 200 drugs, you don't know which ones will be asked on the test, so just guess on these or familiarize yourself with a few.
Overall, I recommend these 2 books for anyone who wants to take the PTCB Exam:
1. The Pharmacy Technician by Perspective Press
2. Mosby's Review for the Pharmacy Technician
1) Do not try to pass the exam with just this resource. The text that accompanies the practice tests is not enough knowledge to pass any of the tests at all. You cannot pass with just the knowledge in this book, and a lot of the material covered is not thoroughly explained. I recommend two other resources: formal education (university, course, etc.), or the The Pharmacy Technician (4e).
2) This book has so many practice questions for you to utilize. Do it. Use the questions on the disc, as it is less of a hassle.
3) There are many typos and wrong answers in the practice questions. It's maybe one wrong answer for every two practice exams. Some of the errors are pretty major. But, if you are a responsible person and receive the formal training or read The Pharmacy Technician, then you will catch most of these errors and not study mistakes. I wouldn't worry so much about this, but it's something to be aware of. The first mistake I encountered, I trusted the book and therefore wasted a lot of time trying to understand my "mistake" only to find out that it was a typographical error.
4) Even if you read The Pharmacy Technician, read the text that comes with this book too, as you'll find it gives you a different perspective and sometimes different approaches for solving problems which may make some light bulbs turn on.
5) This book is worth every penny because of the software. Buy it, and I promise if you use it properly then you will pass.
Questions about the exam:
1) What do I need to be scoring on the practice exams to pass the real exam?Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book was very helpful when studying for the EXCPT test! I didn't go to school to learn to become a Pharmacy Technician, only studied on the job, and read this book. Read morePublished 4 months ago by MrsMK11
a bit too much information in this book, but helpful for you to be an awesome technician, probably not very helpful for the test.Published 8 months ago by Wenjuan Wesbur
This is really excellent review and guide book for pharm tech review board..everything you need is here...Published 9 months ago by jen cpht