Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 7, 2012
I was a little hesitant to spend so much on a screen protector, as there were so many reasonably priced alternatives. However, I was most concerned with protecting the investment I made in the Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB - Includes Special Offers, so I took a chance on the Moshi iVisor XT... and I haven't yet regretted that decision. My Kindle is kept in the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Leather Case, Persimmon (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7"), and I didn't even have to remove the case in order to apply the Moshi screen protector. For those who haven't yet purchased the Kindle Fire HD, the Amazon leather case doesn't touch the screen (except when the cover is closed, of course), so any screen protector that fits within the confines of the actual screen isn't affected by the cover. Applying the screen protector was simple. The screen protector has no adhesive, and it is meant to be removed and periodically cleaned, so even if you don't get a perfect fit the first time, you can keep reapplying until it is properly situated. The Kindle housing around the actual screen is slightly raised, and the screen protector is perfectly sized for the Kindle screen, so it is easy to guide the protector onto the screen without making a mistake. Since there is no adhesive and the screen protector is rather thick, it would be difficult to get bubbles underneath it, but even if air or dust were trapped under the protector, it is super easy to remove, clean, and replace. On a side note, even though there is no adhesive, the screen protector stays securely put once it is placed on the screen. It takes a little manipulation to remove it, so don't be concerned that its versatility detracts from its core function. As for the distortion and the rainbows others have seen, these have not been a problem for me. I keep the little swatch of microfiber (included) in my Kindle case and wipe the screen protector when necessary. As long as the screen protector is clean, I don't experience any distortion - no matter the lighting or ambience. This Moshi has the added advantage of being *made* to be removed, cleaned, and reapplied. I do recall that when I initially applied the Moshi, a slight rainbow hue was visible, but it dissipated after one use, possibly due to the heat from the screen or oils from my fingers? As for the sensitivity of the touch-screen being impacted, although the Moshi protector is substantial (which makes me more confident that it will indeed 'protect' my Kindle's screen), I've noticed no reduction in the screen's sensitivity. Games, books, web applications, etc., all work just as well as they do without the protector.
1616 comments|675 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
I eventually purchased this after trying a cheaper screen protector that I got when I bought my kindle fire hd. The price is very expensive, but I truly believe it was worth the investment.
Packaging is simple, only has the screen protector and a cloth. The provided cloth didn't have fibers that would come off like my previous screen protector package. Application was very easy and fit well. I had to reapply it again since I installed it crooked and this did not impact application at all. During both applications I had zero bubbles. Didn't seem to impact sensitivity at all when playing games or using apps (only use my fingers). It does smudge a lot easier I've noticed.

I did notice the rainbow distortion in the middle of my screen when I first applied it. It appears to be more due to poor contact with the surface of the screen as when I applied pressure it would dissipate. It was a rather large distortion and smack dab in the middle of the screen. However, it was barely noticeable when using the fire, and it also disappeared after a night of using it. I'm not sure if it goes away eventually or if the heat from the usage made it stick better, but I was definitely happy it was gone.

Pros: Easy application, no bubbles, sensitivity unaffected, fits well
Cons: Expensive, smudges easier

**edit 1/5/13: So I've been using this product for a couple months now and I decided to lower my rating a bit. While this screen protect does apply very easily and can be reapplied just as easily again, there are a few problems I've noticed. Just like other screen protectors it will add a bit of glare to the screen especially when using in the sunlight. I've also noticed the large distortion on and off, which is very odd. Most of the time I don't see any distortion, but it seems like randomly the distortion shows up for a short period of time and then goes away (temperature related?). As noted before it doesn't impact actual image when using the kindle fire, it's just annoying to see for such an expensive screen protector.
on December 3, 2012
Yes there is a slight rainbow on this protector, I really only notice it when the screen is off, but this screen protector is stronger/thicker than any stick on type screen protector I have ever seen which is what I needed, it's clear and super easy to install.
on November 16, 2012
It was easy to put on and there are no bubbles. But there's a really annoying rainbow pattern like an oil slick on water. It says on the package "You may notice rainbow-like patterns beneath the iVisor when the Kindle Fire HD is off or viewed at a slanted angle. This is a natural optical phenomena and is not a defect. It should not affect viewing or performance." Well, I beg to differ. It is very visible even when it is on and at a straight angle. It is very distracting. I cannot use this and so I had to tear it off, which fortunately was quite easy to do. Waste of $20 though. Save your money unless you're real visually tolerant of such distractions. It's funny how they try to minimize this by saying it's a 'natural phenomena'. Yeah, opacity is a natural phenomena too, but that wouldn't be a very good quality for a screen protector, and neither is a persistent rainbow.
33 comments|608 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
A terrible product! Goes on, as stated, with no bubbles. That's about all there is to say good about this protector. The squishy colored area beneath the protector can not be removed. The manufacturer states this is normal and does not interfere with normal viewing. I disagree strongly. When watching video, the dark area of the screen shows the rainbow bubbles. To eliminate this, the screen must be held at a 90 degree angle. To make things even worse, the touch of the protector is too gummy, but when you clean the protector with water, it is now too slick. I really like titanium nitrite screen protectors (PET), but not this one. Great Shield Easy Shield made a PET non-glare protector for the original Kindle Fire that was perfect. No bubbles and no oil or rainbows. All without diminished screen clarity. So it can be done! I have saved the worst for last. Under any type of lighting, as measured by a screen refractometer, screen glare was increased by 200 to 300 percent. If you want unparalleled clarity, as the description says, do not use a protector. The glass surface of the Fire is virtually scratch proof, whereas this protector will scratch much more easily. I tested the scratch proof properties myself. Right before I threw it where it belongs - right in the trash can. As a side note, New Trent made an excellent protector for the Kindle Fire that was not a PET protector, but had an unbelievable surface resistance to it and had the best touch resistance of any screen protector that I have ever seen, and I have seen a few. I realize this technology is coming out of Japan, but do yourself a favor and wait until something better comes along.
11 comment|262 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
I wish I listened to the guy before about rainbow. I bought this thinking that I wont have to get frustrated over bubbles or dust, and yes installation was as easy as peeling off and sticking it on. There is a huge distortion area in the middle that causes some weird rainbow colors. Anyways its annoying, I'll definitely replace it once I get frustrated enough.
0Comment|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
Bubbles under screen protectors really annoy me, so when I read that this one installed without them, I was sold. I misunderstood the description and thought it was some sort of framed "front 'glass'" that snapped onto the frame, but it's actually a sheet of vinyl, heavier than most screen protector sheets. Once I installed it, I no longer cared that it wasn't quite what I expected.

It did, indeed, install without a single bubble! I also liked that it completely covers the glass, so there's no edge to catch dust. The holes precut for the mic and camera lined up perfectly. I can't tell that it's on, and it doesn't seem to impede the touch sensitivity of the screen at all.

The item is advertised as reusable, and I can vouch that one can remove it and reinstall it at least once. I had to return my Kindle Fire HD because of a screen failure within a week of purchase. I took the Moshi iVisor XT off carefully and laid it aside on a dust-free surface sticky-side up. When I got home with my replacement Kindle, it went on as smoothly and securely as it had the first time.

One hint I learned from another reviewer on a different product I'll repeat here: Put screen protectors on in a steamy bathroom. The steam makes the dust fall out of the air. Once your screen is super-squeaky clean without a single fleck of dust, you can install your protector without entrapping bits of whoknowswhat beneath. I also clean my hands with rubbing alcohol first, to remove oils.

I am extremely pleased with this screen protector, and even though it's pricey, I feel it's worth the cost. My son's thinking of getting a tablet computer, and I hope we can find a Moshi iVisor XT to fit it as well. This product is far better than any OEM labeled screen protector that I've used in my 15+ years of handheld gadgetry!
0Comment|324 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
I am just writting to recommend this screen protector as I have been using it for about a month now. As other reviewers indicate, installation is super easy, it is completely transparent and it is worth the higher price.

I am still laughing at the two "rainbow" reviews. They may have received defective products, but I have not noticed any distortion at all. I had a prior protector full of irritating bubbles and believe me, I have installed my share of screen protectors and no matter what, there is always an irritating bubble or two!!. If you see a rainbow... contact the company and ask for a replacement.

Please do not listen to the crybabies, do yourself a favor and get a good quality product
33 comments|218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2013
We now have this screen protector on two different Kindles. It works well, is thick and durable, easy to install and super-easy to clean. We do get the "rainbow" mentioned by several other reviews and it can be very distracting. I have found that I can minimize it significantly by installing the screen protector all at once, flat (as opposed to starting at one end and smoothing across the screen), and doing so gently, with no pressure/pressing down. I basically line up the edges and "drop" the screen protector into place. It made a big difference on my Kindle. Hope that helps.
on November 28, 2012
To its credit, the screen protector was easy to apply and went on without any bubbles; it also comes with a nifty microfiber cloth. However, although it protects the screen, it does still add what other negative reviews have called a strange rainbow-like pattern in the center of the screen. For me, it's not so noticeable under direct light, but in almost any other lighting situation I was irritated with it. I ended up removing mine (which was pretty easy to do, as well).