Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on April 28, 2015
Mosiso - Mint Green - MacBook Air 13.3"

My laptop case shipped April 25th, 2015 and arrived on April 27th, 2015 (2-day shipping with Amazon Prime)

I ordered the case in Mint Green - I think that the product photos are pretty true to color; I've attached pictures of my own to help you decide. If you're really picky, I would say the actual product's color may be a little more saturated than the product photo they have, but it's definitely mint green. It is not opaque; definitely translucent. You can see the Apple logo shining through very clearly. It also has a smooth, matte finish that I like because it won't collect fingerprints.

The case itself fits perfectly on my MacBook Air 13.3" (Model A1466). You just snap on the bottom and then snap on the top; they include a diagram for easy installation.

The one thing I don't like is that there are some very obvious...squares. I don't know what else to call them, but on both pieces of the case, there is a square located next to each "snap on" section of the case. It's not raised or discolored, but it's there. On the top piece of the case there are three space equally at the top. On the bottom piece, there are two. It's not enough to make me upset or get a new case, but it does bother me slightly. The average person looking at my laptop probably won't notice. I've included a picture of what I'm talking about. I'm not sure if it's just more obvious with a mint green case, but it appears as though this case was made without snap-ons first, then the snap-ons were later added during the manufacturing, thus causing an overlay to make these squares noticeable.

PROS:
- true to color (mint green)
- fits perfectly
- smooth, matte finish
- Apple logo shines through brightly
- prompt shipping and delivery
- vents

CONS:
- the squares I mentioned before

BOTTOM LINE:
I wouldn't call this the best case ever, but it's definitely the same quality as other higher priced cases. With that being said, I feel like I got my money's worth. For $13, you really can't complain. It prevents my laptop from getting any scratches or dirt on it, and that's what I was looking for. 4 stars!

******* UPDATE: MAY 11th, 2015 *******
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CASE!

So I've had this laptop case for a couple weeks, and I've got some issues I'd like to share. Despite not having a fingerprint issue because of the finish on the case, I'm having problems keeping it clean even though it goes straight from my laptop case to a desk and back (both of which are not particularly dirty). There are constantly smudged and discolored areas, and I realized it's because the finish is rubbing off of the case. If I gently scrape my fingernail across the case, you can see the finish coming off. I expect any case or cover I buy to withstand a little more than gentle scraping or rubbing. The whole point is to protect my device or electronics...if this case can't handle light/gentle use, it's not a good case.

Another issue: when I open my MacBook, when it reaches a 90 degree angle, the case was not designed to seamlessly open without rubbing against each other. It will click, and I'll have to gentle force it to open a little further, as most people open their laptops to more obtuse angles. This causes another issue: the bottom part of my case will snap completely off. I've picked up my laptop to put away, and the bottom case will NOT be attached. I'm really disappointed by this. The finish rubbing off easily I can deal with, but if the case can't even stay on, what is the point of having it?

For these reasons, my rating has dropped my rating from 4 stars to 1 stars. I would highly not recommend the Mosiso case, unless you want a useless piece of plastic, in which case....I can sell you mine :)
review image review image review image review image
77 comments| 275 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2013
I purchased this case after my last one had cracked in several places and no longer stayed on. I am extremely happy with this case. It feels stronger and has more holding tabs to keep the case on the computer. I also love that it has air vents on the bottom to allow heat to escape. I know that this one will last a long time!
on October 22, 2013
The case is sturdy but not clunky. It gives a nice feel so you have a good grip on laptop, not slippery. perfect fit.
on December 3, 2015
Looks good on my macbook air. It fit perfectly too no complains
review image
0Comment| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2014
I am very satisfied with this protective case. I was a little worried because a good percentage of the reviews stated that the case did not fit properly. However mine fits snug and tight, it is a very good fit and easy to put on. I think that many of the people in the reviews that state it does not fit, may have put one or more of the pieces on backwards or upside down. I did this at first also, took me a few minutes to figure out which way each part snapped on. When I put the pieces on properly, the case fit great. I recommend this case for the macbook air 13 inch.
on May 27, 2014
I looked for two weeks through countless reviews and watched videos to find the best case for my new macbook air. This is hands down the best case by far. You can't beat the price and the material looks great. The reason it took me so long to decide which case to buy was because of the compatibly issues with the 2013/2014 models having dual mics and the tacky white feet that all the other cheap cases come with. This case however does NOT have those cheap white feet and it DOES have the extra mic opening. Don't look for anything else. This is the case to buy.
on July 29, 2014
Pros:
- The color is beautiful and just like the picture. It reminds me of a "tiffany blue."
- I have a Macbook Air 13" (model A1466) and it fits perfectly. It doesn't cover up any of the input/outputs on the sides.
- The texture is very smooth and similar to the Speck product.

Cons:
None (:
review image review image
on June 21, 2014
Just to clear things up, this used to be called deep purple... but it isn't. I wrote in another review's comments that it was like a deep fuchsia and that is what it's called now. The power of the internet! About the color, it's really pretty. It's not a girly fuchsia or a punk fuchsia. It's a deep, jewel toned color. I've tried to take a pic of it, but it's hard to get correct, it looks even pinker in pics.

The case fits perfectly. I think the holes and the rubbery feet on the bottom will help it keep it cool.

I bought this because I found the macbook air so thin, that i wanted something there for more protection. i don't expect it to protect it against a drop.
on January 10, 2014
Fits like a glove for the new Mac Air.. be sure to place the open spaces on the sides to the ports.. it looks great and doesn't make the very thin Air clunky or heavy at all.. good purchase so far! lets see how it goes with some wear and tear..!
on June 3, 2014
I've had my case for about two weeks now, and I have been extremely happy with it. It fits my MacBook Air perfectly, it's a gorgeous pink color, and I really like the rubberized finish. I am very happy with this case!