Published on May 31, 2011 by Allan Ray Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars do not see a difference
It may just be the Mosquito Magnet trap, but really don't see any use. I am in the south so I really thought these would be really the stuff I would need.
Published 10 months ago by Ms Angelo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, but you need to know what sorts of mosquitoes you have, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Mosquito Magnet LUREX3N - Lurex3 Attractant, 3-Pack (Lawn & Patio)
This product (Lurex) works with all models of the Mosquito Magnet and with many models of the SkeeterVac. I have found that it does seem to increase the catch rate of the daytime biting Tiger mosquitoes over just using the CO2/heat/moisture of the MM/SV alone. However you'll need Octenol for all of the night biters so unless you have multiple traps around your yard (as I do) you'll need to pick & choose which type of mosquito is most prevalent in your area. (I read elsewhere that Tiger mosquitoes are actually repelled by Octenol so sadly you really do have to pick & choose one.)

Oddly, on my SkeeterVac's TacTrap (SkeeterVac CPSX000021 TacTrap Replacements) I've discovered that other pests seem to prefer either Lurex or Octenol too (Mosquito Magnet OCTENOL3 Octenol Biting Insect Attractant, 3-Pack). Flying cockroaches, for example, are most commonly trapped in my SkeeterVac TacTrap running Lurex, while horse flies and house flies seem to prefer getting stuck in the SkeeterVac TacTrap running Octenol. Gnats and no-see-ums get stuck both places and/or vacuumed up into the SV (Blue Rhino SV3100 SkeeterVac Mosquito Eliminator, 1-Acre Coverage) or MM (Mosquito Magnet MM4100 Patriot Mosquito Trap) fan/screen trap.

5.0 out of 5 stars you need both, October 6, 2012
Charlie (Willow Grove, PA, US) - See all my reviews
we live near Philadelphia and we get both kinds of mosquitos so on the recommendation from other post I added this lure to my skeetervac by dropping it into the screen drawer and we have restored the back yard to a place you can enjoy without getting eating alive. Even my neighbor said how he noticed the difference. It ran out of gas once and within a day we were getting bit again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kills the Tigers, March 12, 2013
If you have Tiger mosquitos, and most of the country does now, this will attract them to your Magnet and away from your family.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Lurex3, May 23, 2010
Hard to know how well this stuff works versus octenol. I have used varius Mosquito Magnets for the past 10+ years. Living in the Southeast, we have lots of mosquitos, and I think the overall trap works well. We use Lurex because of the daytime-biting Asian Tiger mosquito. We do trap lots of mosquitos, and the Lurex is more expensive than Octenol, so I guess it works.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jan 7, 2014 5:42:46 AM PST
Using an attractant is critical to the performance of your Mosquito Magnet® Trap. Once mosquitoes sense the carbon dioxide from the trap, they need secondary attractants to hone in one the trap. The choice of the attractant will depend on your location since certain mosquito species are found in certain regions of the country. If you are located in the Southest, we would recommend using Lurex3N. This will give you the best results of the aggressive day-biting mosquitoes. For Northern regions, we would recommend Octenol. We appreciate your comments and have shared them with our Product Managers.

Our Consumer Relations Team is available to assist you if you have any questions at 1-800-953-5737.

Sincerely,

Kaitlyn
Consumer Relations Representative
Woodstream Corporation
Mosquito Magnet®

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge Dissappointment, July 5, 2014
Mosquitos in Houston Texas could care less about the scent. I am so dissappointed in this purchase. I've had it a month and attracted 10-20 mosquitos and on my second 20lbs of propane.

2.0 out of 5 stars Even though Lurex3n was recommended for my area the octenol worked 10 times better ..., July 4, 2014
Even though Lurex3n was recommended for my area the octenol worked 10 times better in my area central Arkansas.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, June 25, 2014
I like it, it works as it supposed to. Helped me kill a lot of mosquito. Hope it can last more than 21 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, May 18, 2014
Successfully attracted Tiger Mosquitoes (in Central Tx) to the Mosquito Magnet Patriot Trap I own.
Each cartridge lasts about 30 days when used full time during peak mosquito season.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work. it's laughable, April 24, 2014
Don't bother with a mosquito machine. We live in Atlanta area and this machine didn't phase the mosquitos. We even researched the appropriate mosquito magnet for our area since we bought machine itself from home depot and they had a mosquito magnet for the north. Evidently different mosquitos and the chemical in magnet is designed for certain zones. Waste of $240 bucks. Use mosquito outdoor spray a month in your yard. I've found this to work better along with tiki torches

4.0 out of 5 stars HOW MUCH CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THIS, March 15, 2014
HOW MUCH CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THIS IT DOES WHAT YOU WANT IT TO DO AND IT WAS A PRICE.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›