VINE VOICEon October 8, 2009
Verified Purchase
I purchased the scope and mount about a month ago. I paired these with my 535 (rifled barrel). I did not want to have a $300 gun and a $500 scope, when the vast majority of my shots will be taken at 100 yards or less.

Since I have only had this out for two rounds of shooting (to zero) I will follow up after my first hunting trip.

I noticed the manufacturer, Sun Optics, claimed their scope could handle the shock/recoil of magnum loads. And for the price, why not give it a try.

I used 3-inch Remington Accutip 385 grain sabot slugs

The Good (after the price):

Mounting was quick and easy, as you would expect given the specially designed mount. The aluminum picatinny style rail tightened easily and the mount was still solid after 6 rounds of of the 3" slugs. (I know not a big sample, but that stuff is expensive!)

I zeroed in the scope using the 1/4" MOA finger click-tip windage and elevation adjustments at about 50 yards. It took three shots to get it and the follow-on 3 shots grouped within a not too shabby 2 inches. (Again, I'll update after I get a few more slugs through to check durability)

I'll hold off on any negatives until I have had this on my slugster for a while.

Bottom line, this isn't Swarovsky, but I have enough money left to buy gas and ammo.
on July 20, 2012
Have a Mossberg 535 and the installation of the mount went VERY easily. Scope appears to be clean and bright through the view finder. The 6" eye relief is very nice; you actually loose visibility if you're any closer to the scope ring than 6".

Seller (SBDGLOBAL) sent the item very quickly; shipped from Texas to NE Ohio in two days via USPS. Good sellers.

Can't wait to take to range to try the scope and get it zero'd in. Will update review after doing such, but thus far, impressed.

If you've ever field stripped your shotgun for a cleaning, you'll have NO issues installing this. If you're wondering, here are the steps needed to install the mount:
1. Pump slide back to expose ejector screw on inside of receiver
2. Remove gun's ejector screw and replace with Sun Optics USA special ejector screw.
3. Tighten securely (end of screw will protrude).
4. Remove gun's trigger plate pin (store in a safe place - do not lose).
5. Place saddle base over gun's receiver so ejector screw protrusion is in base slot.
6. Partially screw on ejector screw nut (Do not tighten).
7. Insert attach screw and tighten securely.
8. Tighten ejector screw nut.
Re-tighten all screws and nut after initial firing (break in period).
on November 7, 2013
Verified Purchase
Good scope/mount combo for a very reasonable price and a lifetime warranty. Install was very simple and only takes a few minutes. I mounted this to a Mossberg 535. Sight picture is very clear, even under low light conditions. After getting it zeroed, I fired off 30 more 2 3/4 inch slugs, and it still held its zero. Can't speak about the 3 1/2 magnum claim however, since I do not use that ammo. Also received it in 4 days after purchase, which is fairly quick over a weekend and traveling from TX to OH. Next time I am in the market for another scope I will check this company out again. People should have used their firearm with the scope mounted before rating it.
on January 25, 2014
Verified Purchase
Did not fit my 535 as advertised online. Now scope just sits on my desk. Expesive paper weight. What a waste.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 2, 2011
Verified Purchase
I had looked long and hard for a scope mount for my Mossberg 535 shotgun. Was having a hard time and located the combo scope & mount on amazon. The price was very reasonable and upon receiving tne product I was very pleased. The busines that provided the product is SBDGLOBAL, a family business. Their aim is to provide quality products at a fair price. From what I have seen they have achieved their goal.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations