5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to Mossy Creek
Published on October 8, 2002 by Sharon Knutson

2.0 out of 5 stars The book ends right in the middle
A bit disjointed but I was interested enough in the book to finish it; however, it will be the last one I read by this author. It ends right in the middle and you are told to read the next book. A huge disappointment.
Published on January 30, 2011 by Misti in Seattle

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to Mossy Creek, October 8, 2002
This review is from: Mossy Creek (Paperback)
"Welcome to Mossy Creek the town you can count on ain't goin' nowhere, and don't want to" with these words you get the flavor of life in the small southern town of Mossy Creek. The people are fiesty, funny, sad, and loving. Each chapter is a different character's story. You learn the history of the dispute between Mossy Creek and the nearby town of Bigelow. Each chapter becomes a story unto itself while characters overlap occasionally in the tales. From Miss Ida, the guardian/mayor of Moss Creek who will go to jail rather than put up a new welcome sign outside of Mossy Creek (afterall it was written by a Bigelowan!) to Casey, an Olympic hopeful whose dreams are dashed while returning from her elopement, due to a car accident which leaves her paralyzed from the waist down, you will laugh and cry with the inhabitants of this marvelous town. Come on for the ride and enjoy a few moments in Mossy Creek. It is a fast read and powerful in its emotions.

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific read!, July 30, 2001
This review is from: Mossy Creek (Paperback)
This book was wonderful. Deborah's already told you what the book's about in the previous review, so I'll skip the summation for reaction. I laughed, sniffed, shouted, cried - this book was captivating. The people and stories tug on your emotions throughout. I was reading it while traveling with a friend - based on my reaction while reading, they demanded to read the book as soon as I was finished. :) I'm a librarian, and already have a long list of people to recommend it to - we'll have to buy more copies. :) This book should definitely be a hit for those who enjoyed the Mitford series, or any other books featuring strong, close-knit communities and engaging characters. It should also work well for those who enjoy reading about the South. I'm already anxious to see what happens in Mossy Creek next year (next book). :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Till You Cry!, June 21, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Mossy Creek (Paperback)
I read this book because I love Deborah Smith's work. I figured at least her stories in the book would be fantastic. I laughed so hard with the first story my husband finally asked me to share the joke. And it just got better after that. I can not wait for the next book to come out! The characters were all fun and lovable. It made me wish my small town was a wee bit smaller, Southern and full of Mossy Creekites!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rare Find, March 24, 2002
Shelly H. Morris (Naperville, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mossy Creek (Paperback)
This tale about the residents of Mossy Creek will warm your heart and touch your soul. It's like sitting down with good friends for a piece of warm apple pie. Delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mossy Creek is a wonderful place to visit!, September 20, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Mossy Creek (Paperback)
I am not usually a fan of short stories, but this book was different. Each story is character sketch and many of the characters make guest appearances in other stories. This is truly fiction, all the characters are big-hearted people who trul y love their town and each other. I loved Mossy Creek and also couldn't decide story I liked the best

"rhayrob" (Richmond, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mossy Creek (Paperback)
I am not usually a fan of short stories, but this book was different. Each story a is character sketch and many of the characters make guest appearances in other stories. This is truly fiction, all the characters are big-hearted people who love their town and each other. I loved Mossy Creek and couldn't which decide story I liked the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book ...., August 18, 2002
Brenda Bates "ladyfingers" (Mesquite, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mossy Creek (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - lots of fun, quirky characters. Looking forward to the next in the series.

2.0 out of 5 stars The book ends right in the middle, January 30, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Random Reader, January 9, 2010
This review is from: Mossy Creek (Kindle Edition)
Good, light read. Had not heard of the authors, but being from the South and seeing that is was free for Kindle users, thought I would give it a shot. Really enjoyed it and plan on buying their others books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting little town!, December 30, 2010
This review is from: Mossy Creek (Kindle Edition)
This is a great lift-you-up story of small town life. I love the stories of the eccentric characters of Mossy Creek. This book is a delightful way to spend an afternoon. I picked up this one while it was free and now I plan to buy others in the series. I recommend this story to anyone who likes to be taken away to a special place when reading.
Enjoy!