Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 11, 2005
This is such a great book, I have to take the time to write!

Despite its size, my husband and I have been bringing our 1997 edition of this book with us on road trips since we bought it. It has guided us along about twenty pleasant drives in the West, steering us to the terrific things along the road that we would have just driven by if we hadn't known, and it has saved us from wasting time on the not-so-great sites, or things that we didn't care to see. As we travel between each special place, I read the descriptions out loud so we are ready for the great adventure that is sure to come. I am now buying a copy for my parents and I am really surprised at the great price!
on July 11, 2007
If you're looking for a great way to spend your vacation time this summer, I'd highly recommend taking a trip listed in The Most Scenic Drives in America: 120 Spectacular Road Trips.

Rather than leading you to a specific place in America, this book focuses on the beauty of the journey as you drive your car along lakes and beaches, hills and mountains, flowers and trees, and a variety of historic sites in the United States.

This book provides maps that assist readers with planning a road trip and the gorgeous photographs definitely will entice you to visit these glorious areas of our country. Expect to return from these trips feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.

What's especially helpful about this book is that you can plan a cross country adventure or, if you're limited in time, you can enjoy a shorter trip that still lifts your spirits and recharges your batteries. Go by yourself, go with a friend or take the entire family. Just get out and enjoy the summer!
on January 3, 2007
Robert Dolezal has produced a spectacular drive guide. It is not just for the armchair traveller, although it fulfill's this role perfectly, but it acts as a pre-hoilday guide for fly-drive travellers visiting new England and unsure of what routes to take. The guide gets you off the beaten track and discovers those parts of new England that you would never stumble across by accident.

A book of spectacular drives and worth every penny.
on September 1, 2006
The book has so many beautiful pictures of the picturesque places to drive in the US it made me want to jump in the car and go. Well, I did when I was in Massachusetts. I drove on the historic Mohawk Trail on my way to Williamstown, MA and let me tell you how breathtaking it really was. Take your kids on these drives for historical experience that's not only fun but also awe inspired.
on February 16, 2006
This book is organized extremely well and has a good amount of detail. In addition, the photographs are beautiful. It gives some of the highlights of each state. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get off the Interstate and see this beautiful and unique country of ours.
on August 6, 2007
I am a road trip ethusist. And therefore, when I came across this book, I knew I had to buy it. What I like the most about this book is the careful selected trips the author put together. I have been to about 10% of the trips outlined in this book and when I read through those sections, this book is right. Not only does it tell you where the "must see stops" are, it also tells you approximate mileage, time needed, as well as other useful information for your trip. And flipping through those spectacular trips in the rest of the book made me want to explore U.S. that much more. I highly recommend this book as a starting point, or the main source, for your road trip planning.
on May 23, 2015
An absolute MUST if you take road trips. We call this book our Travel Bible....it is used when in the planning stages, and absolutely in the car on every road trip. We have discovered so many beautiful treasures because of the information and suggestions in this book. Have you ever heard of Escalante Nat'l Park?? We hadn't either, and never would have known about this fabulous hike and waterfall if not for this book. This is just one of dozens of examples, but this book is filled with great information.
on May 5, 2006
My husband and I have done many of the scenic drives in this book and we always enjoy the commentary that goes with each one. We have learned so much and enjoyed the destinations more than if we were just driving along on our own. I play tour guide as I read the descriptions of each place we stop on the drive. The photos are really spectacular too! Keep in on the coffee table and be sure to take it along in the car on road trips. What a beautiful country we live in. Get out and see it.
on June 28, 2007
I purchased this book as I already owned and use the 2nd edition. While I live in Indiana and there are not many scenic byways in this state, I really purchased the book for an annual "Two For The Road" trip I take with my car buddy Larry Cox. The maps for our week long adventures are usually based upon this book and another reference book that I have purchased called "the most scenic drives in America: 120 spectacular road trips". I recommend that you purchase both books, however, if you can only afford one, purchase most scenic drives in america as they have more details about stops along each byway. So while scenic drives is a great book to plan, the national geographic guide is easy to take along, carry on the plane, etc. It is an excellent reference book. I won't leave home without it!
on February 4, 2011
I strongly considered returning this book. The possibility of identifying for future exploration the 120 most scenic drives in America was intriguing. The drives may be spectacular but you would never know it from this book. The narrative was sparse and uninviting. The pictures were scant and unimpressive. Maybe my expectations were too great but I feel strongly that this book lacked in fundamental ways. This book will not inspire me to take any trips soon but I did keep it as a basic reference or starting point.