Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 4, 1999
Mother Angelica's book was a blessing in my life - a true gift from God! What better way to thank him by passing this gift on to others?
I lost my faith in God and the Catholic Church years ago, after suffering one tremendous loss after another. Only in desperation did I turn to God, and he led me to this book.
I've heard it said the Lord works in mysterious ways. Among the many lessons I learned from this book is that if we open our hearts to his love, we realize there is no mystery about it at all. Suddenly, the answers come easily.
If it was my suffering that brought me to this point in my life, then praise God for the stones! This book helped me realize it was all worth it.
on December 17, 2000
This book is a must for anyone who Loves God , or wants to know him better. Amust read for every Catholic. If you think your Faith is strong now, wait till you read this marvelous book. Written so plain & simple a young child could understand it. I guarantee you will not let this one gather dust.
on August 3, 2000
This book answers so many questions to everyday life for both Catholics and Non-Catholics. It is a book that you will refer back to time and time again. It is a great gift for anyone.
on April 9, 2007
Most of us at one time or another, no matter the depth (or lack thereof) of our faith has asked the questions she answers in this book. Why am I here? What does God want from me? Why does God allow suffering? These and many more have been asked by many. I joined the Catholic Church 7 years ago and have been blessed beyond belief! Don't get me wrong, my life is far from perfect, I have health problems, debt problems and the other little things that drive us all crazy, BUT, I have been blessed with a wonderful family, the most awesome husband who I'm still crazy in love with, but most of all, the grace to see the beauty of the FAITH. I've grown deeper in my faith and closer to God in my 7 years as a Catholic than I ever did in my 30 years as a Protestant. This isn't a slam of Protestantism; I have no quarrel with anyone who claims Jesus Christ as their savior. However, the Church is filled with spiritual riches and many wonderful teachers. You'll enjoy Mother Angelica's take on life and her great stories of real people that God has put her in contact with. She may be a nun, but she's very relatable. If you're looking for a "magic pill" to cure all your ills, or to climb to the top of a tall mountain to find the "answer of life" from a wise holy man, this isn't it. To the reviewer who slammed this book and Mother by asking "is is really that cut and dried?" I say, Yes, it is that simple. We make things more difficult than they need to be and as Mother points out, it is often because we suffer from the sin of pride. We are constantly focused on ourselves.. ME, ME, ME... how does this affect ME? What's in it for ME? Take the focus off of yourself and put it on the ONE who loved you SO much that he created you and sent His only son to die for YOU! It IS simple, but you simply have to do it.
on March 7, 2001
Mother Angelica is truly a great communicator. I love the way she explains in simple terms how to bring God into everything. The examples she uses of her conversations with people are excellent!
She's great, her EWTN show is great, and her message is the greatest thing of all---the Truth!
on May 17, 1997
I have enjoyed Mother Angelica's show on EWTN
for years now. She has a way of describing things
that really is "simple". She has a way of making
the Faith accessible to all of us. This book will
be of great comfort to all, particularly those
who know her from her show. A nice gift!
on August 6, 2007
Of the many hundreds of books I have read, only a few get on my "Give This One Away" list. It's my list of books I give to friends, relatives, and people I just meet who I feel could benefit from one of the books I prize. This book falls into my category of books which will help those in despair.

Many people suffer differing levels of despair -- a giving up. For some, it's on their marriage, their job, or their friends. For some it is on life or happiness in general. For some it is on the Catholic Church, or God Himself. There are few books I find which can consistently "speak" to those in despair. On many levels, on many topics, Mother Angelica's book does the trick. Certainly it is the Holy Spirit working through her to touch hearts. Something I could never do on my own. So, for the people who enter my life and tell me of their despairs, I will give a copy of this book. Then we'll let God do the rest.

It's the least I could do for Him, and for them.
on April 9, 2000
Mother Angelica is a Saint. Get into her thinking and you too can be a Saint.
on May 16, 2016
Mother Angelica, you will be missed. I thank God that you left behind your legacy through your wonderful books and excellent shows on EWTN. This is one of about 5 books written by or about Mother Angelica that I own. Her story is incredible, and I recommend reading her biography. Truly this exceptional woman is going to be declared a saint, and I don't think that we will have to wait for long. I recommend this book and any other books written by Mother Angelica or about Mother Angelica. She inspires me to be a better person, and again, her story is incredible. Highly recommended!
on November 30, 2013
wonderful presentation of Mother Angelica's perspectives on several areas. she responds to questions with candor and the wisdom of one who has been there and is truthful above all else with the heart of a mother.