Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: DVDChange

on July 11, 2009
There are two movies of the same subject matter out there and I believe this was the first. This one seems to go into the ministry of Mother Teresa a little more: what moved her and things that went on in her relationships - with God, her superiors, and others.

As an evangelical I was moved by the authenticity of MT's faith and relationship with God. This movie is very inspiring for anyone from any Christian faith background, and probably others, as this single person allowed Jesus to live in her and touch others.
on September 11, 2007
At the suggestion of a friend from Kerala, India,I purchased this movie. Watching with a friend, we found it historically well placed and apparently well balanced. My only regret is there were no scenes from Mother Teresa's funeral, which was a State funeral,with a procession beginning at the School of the Sisters of Loretto, and ending at the Missionaries of Charity Mother House.
22 comments21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2007
My family LOVED this movie! My kids age 5-17 were glued to the TV for this very inspiring, worthwile show. I would recommend it to everyone!
on March 29, 2001
A Hallmark/Family Channel production. You will totally enjoy all 93 minutes of this movie! This is Mother Teresa's story of helping the poor in Calcutta India. The acting is fantasic! It looks like it is filmed on location. This is a must buy for your collection!
on August 31, 2012
I was looking for DVD's that showed the work of Mother Teresa. I ordered one and it was more of a documentary rather than a story of her work. The age group I wanted to view it would have found it very boring. I've always been interested in Mother Teresa and her work in Calcutta. I ordered this DVD and it was wonderful. I got it to show to a group of 6th -12th grade girls at a retreat this fall. It will help them understand what it means to dedicate your life to helping those less fortunate than themselves. It is a lesson for all of us, regardless of age. I recommend it highly.
on August 29, 2008
[ASIN:B000A1IL9G Mother Teresa: In the Name of God's Poor]]
This is by far the best Mother Teresa movie I have ever seen.It especially
captured that period of history & how Mother Teresa came to realise her calling in the name of Gods poor in the slums of strife torn Calcutta.
on August 31, 2009
This movie about MT is the best version out there and it is very well done. I got mine here for very low price and it was brand new still in the wrapper and I watch it in HDTV with an up-convert HD-DVD player but the DVD is not HD. But that is no complaint as this is the best version of Mother Teresa's story starting as a Nun and working alone in the slums and slowly growing into the Mother and getting the Peace Prize. This is the kind of movie that inspires those that watch it.
on March 8, 2007
This is an amazing movie. It is very powerfull and inspiring for me.
0Comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2015
Excellent story about real life experiences that Mother Teresa had. The actor playing Mother Teresa was excellent .as she played the part of a believable character. Enjoyed the other actors. Would highly recommend the film for those people that knew of Saint Teresa.. One does not have to be Catholic or of another religious order. to see this film with its high merits of humanity portrayed.
on October 4, 2009
Wonderful depiction. I saw this after listening to the unabridged audio book of the book written detailing her actual letters during the history of her mission. "Come Be My Light" ... this only made this film more inspirational knowing how she struggled and endured. An example for all missionaries of all faiths and devotions.
review image