Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on March 1, 2006
I've heard that A Mother's Journey to Patience by Cynthhia DeVaughn should be read by every mother. After having read it, I'm convinced that every father could benefit greatly from reading this book also. I wish I would have had it forty years ago before the birth of my first son. I saw myself in many of Cynthia's stories. I saw myself making many of the same mistakes Cynthia did. Sometimes I saw myself as a son and felt the need to apologize to my mother. At other times I was taken back to be with my mother and I am grateful for that. Today I'm a 64 year old grandfather raising a 14 year old granddaughter. This book really hit home. Cynthia uses poetry and humor in a wonderful way to get her points across. I believe everyone who is or plans to be a parent could benefit from reading this book.
on February 28, 2006
I just got done reading A Mother's Journey To Patience written by Cynthia DeVaughn. This book is a must read for every mom. It tells of her weakness, her strength, the love for her children, and most of all her love for God. She tells of the most important ingredient that we need in our life to raise our children to be happy, and healthy; The most important ingredient that helps us to have patience, to make it through the trying times of being parent; The ingredient is the love of our Heavenly Father. This book is very inspiring it will be an inspiration to new parent, as well as the parents of teenagers; Even if your children are grown this book will bless you. The best message of this book is we all as parents need God's guidance to raise these beautiful gifts we have been given and without God's guidance how can we teach them correctly.
on March 3, 2006
I thank you for visiting this page. I hope to inspire others with my story. May you have a great journey and let God bless you. He will if you give him the chance.

Cynthia DeVaughn
on October 13, 2012
I think the book is Ok in that it tells a lot of biographical information about the author and how she got through certain patience trials with her in her life. However, I was hoping for more practical spiritual advice. Although it does cite specific biblical passages they seem to me a little bit like they were used to plug in this passage for this situation. For example, there are usually a list of passages regarding patience towards the end of each chapter but out of context, they are not very helpful. I guess it was too general rather than specific. I do appreciate the author's efforts though and I guess as a first step this might be ok.