5.0 out of 5 stars excelent book
this is a fantastic book. if you know a mother who is going through a rough time, this is a great way for her to share her life with her family and friends. i have terminal cancer, and have bought this book for several other women who are going through treatment. everyone thinks this is a great idea.
Published on September 22, 2007 by Teri Alvarado

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT for my grandmother!
got this for the mother-in-law: it was going to be a Christmas present from the grandkids. While other reviewers had mentioned that it was for someone who had had a happy marriage, I was completely unprepared for the emphasis placed on that! I should have been - perhaps it was my fault for not realizing that it would figure so prominently in the month of june...
Published on December 5, 2011 by GenuineImitation

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent book, September 22, 2007
This review is from: A Mother's Legacy: Your Life Story in Your Own Words (Hardcover-spiral)

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one complaint, February 21, 2008
guacgirl (California, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I like this book overall. It is nice to write down stories from my life and know that one day my daughter will read it and know me better when she is ready and willing. However, my only complaint is that the book seems to have a lot of references to religion such as favorite scripture or church activities. For someone who is not at all religious, it feels awkward.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book for you and your family, August 29, 2007
My sister had told me about this book that she had just got. She kept telling me more and more about it that it got me very curious. Just got it yesterday and have to say that it is even BETTER then I had even hoped for. A Mother's Legacy is a book that you write down all of your life stories. It is written so that the book asks your questions. ie "what is your favorite memory of Christmas and your favorite Christmas song?" This is a book I wish my mother and grandmother had, so that I could know more about their lives. If you have children this is a WONDERFUL book to get for yourself to pass on to your children. Or I have been thinking bout buying many and giving it to women I know for Christmas gifts. Another great idea would be to give this as a baby shower gift.
I rated this only 5 stars but if I could I would have given it 10 stars. A wonderful Book!

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT for my grandmother!, December 5, 2011
GenuineImitation (Northern CA United States) - See all my reviews
got this for the mother-in-law: it was going to be a Christmas present from the grandkids. While other reviewers had mentioned that it was for someone who had had a happy marriage, I was completely unprepared for the emphasis placed on that! I should have been - perhaps it was my fault for not realizing that it would figure so prominently in the month of june!!!

It is totally inappropriate for a grandparent who has had multiple, failed marriages and a difficult life. If you have an elderly person in your life who had a beautiful life, this might be your book: the style reminds me of the 1970's (muted pinks and blues) has a sort of melancholic feeling to it. the questions are heartfelt - too heartfelt for my MIL!! the format was nice, but not for our dysfunctional family!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like this book at all!, January 10, 2011
I bought this book for my mom for Christmas. I also bought the one for father's for my dad, by the same author. I liked the father's legacy, but the mother's legacy asked too many questions about church, religion, prayer, and missions. My mom goes to church, but she hasn't always been an every Sunday church goer. It just didn't apply to my mom. Would be great for someone's mother who attended church throughout her life, every Sunday. I sent it back and purchased conversations with my mother. That book is wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, January 9, 2009
S. Trotta (Scottsdale, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This is an awesome book! I researched many of the books out there before buying this series for my husband, my mom, and myself to fill out for my son. This was a great pick and a great deal! Of course, you're going to find that some of the questions may not apply to you but overall it is an awesome book that allows you to share your life with your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for any mother, December 26, 2008
Having lost my mother at age five, I value all of her written mementos (my baby books, her journals) so so very much. They mean so much to me that I make sure to leave as much in writing for my children as I can so they will always know how much I love them and how much they have changed my life. This book is perfect for me because it allows me to be creative and write about myself in a way that my children will love and appreciate. I've since purchased this book for my best friend and aunt.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, June 16, 2009
The book is lovely, the titles revelant, my only complaint is the print is so light I can barely read it and I know my mother-in-law will have an ever harder time reading the print.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough, December 12, 2011
I bought this book and the father's legacy book to give to my dad. My Parents aren't married anymore and neither is my mom spiritual. The book would ask questions about my dad and religion. I just ripped out those pages. It's a spiral so no edges. Hopefully she won't notice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother's Legacy, December 28, 2008
C. Miller (Kentucky, USA) - See all my reviews
It is a wonderful way to leave some of your life's moments for your children. It brings back memories you had forgotten and brings a smile to your face on lots of them. I'd recommend it for anyone who wants something personal to give their children. Mine loved it.

A Mother's Legacy: Your Life Story in Your Own Words
A Mother's Legacy: Your Life Story in Your Own Words by Thomas Nelson (Hardcover-spiral - March 20, 2007)
$12.99 $11.69