Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Editors Camille Peri and Kate Moses have created a chorus with range: this is not a stream of white, privileged voices interrupted only occasionally by news from the underclass, news from women of color, or news from sexual minorities. If anything, the book is too focused on a wide variety of very personal stories--one often wishes for the gesture of expansion, the linking of the personal to the cultural. Still, that's a small gripe to have with a book that takes us into the brainier, funnier kitchens of motherhood all over America.
Wanted something to help me as I became part of a blended family. Good Information.Published 13 months ago by Dan
This is a wonderful mixture of humorous, sad, and whimsical expereiences ranging from having an abortion to not being able to conceive. Read morePublished on September 9, 2013 by Phyllis J. Moore
This was my bath time luxury. Almost each story is a prefect read before your water gets too cold. "A Mothers Body" by Kate Moses still gives me goosebumps and makes me seek out my... Read morePublished on October 18, 2012 by V. Hunter
This collection of essays is unexpectedly literary, though I should have expected that from the Salon.com editors. Read morePublished on July 5, 2012 by Rebekah Jensen
Great book for new moms and current moms. You don't have to buy an expensive product for a gift-- often a used book that is a goodie is wonderful. Read morePublished on September 29, 2011 by JC
This book is unabashadly honest. Mothers who are hard on themselves (find me one who isn't!) will find themselves in these pages in refreshingly forgiving and honest ways. Read morePublished on July 2, 2006 by KiWi Mathes
About 90% of these essays were touching, the other 10% seemed like last minute homework assignments that were slapped together. All in all it was just a nice, touching, ok book.Published on July 17, 2005 by Kit Kat
This book is just a gem and one that I deeply treasure; it is the finest collection of motherhood non-fiction I have ever read. Read morePublished on November 7, 2004 by Kate Smart