5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly Fine
I was skeptical about purchasing this with many the negative reviews...but for the low price, I couldn't resist. I purchased this to play the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. It works perfectly with my Wii controller. (Just a few notes, my Wii controller was purchased along with the Wii system when it was first released...I'm not sure if there are any differences with the...
Published on September 20, 2012 by Phrase

1.0 out of 5 stars Listen to the reviews.
I disregarded the negative reviews on this product - bad idea.

Although the price is incredibly cheap, so is the product. It works, but only for about 5 minutes. I specifically bought this to play The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and after having Link run off a cliff for the 50th time because the controller stopped functioning, I knew I would be returning...
Published 18 months ago by Kendal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 427 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Just okay - doesn't always work with remote, June 8, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: White Motion Plus Adapter + Silicone Sleeve for Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I bought two of these. One of these messed with the b button on the remote and did not work with the remote. The other one works.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucks, May 25, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Get the Wiimote Motion Plus (built-in/2-in-1) instead. Besides, you won't even be able to beat Zelda SS without the built-in model. Sucks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, December 25, 2013
Item did not work. Adapter had a rattling sound to it and would not operate unless pressed very hard against the controller.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a gamble, August 22, 2014
My boyfriend bought me two of these. I had been wanting to play the newer Wii Bowling game and needed a plus remote. We didn't really want to get new remotes (there is only two of us) and decided on adapters. I didn't know that he was getting them so when they arrived I was beyond excited. My excitement faded pretty quickly when we realized that only one of the two that we had purchased worked. He should have known to go a little more expensive to ensure quality.

With that being said the one remote that does work is awesome. It works like a charm and I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about it. Therefore I was a little torn on how to rate this purchase. I think that 2 stars is fair because it definitely helps other potential customers understand that there is a possibility of getting nonfunctional adapters. No one should have to make a gamble-type purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars fell off after 1 use, January 2, 2014
This is a piece of junk as it fell off after one use and we need to use tape to keep it on. Total waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work reliably., August 31, 2013
Did not work reliably.

Tried them and the device would not sync to the wii console to allow for play.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pops off even when "locked" in, June 2, 2013
I thought I would save some money over buying two new Wii-plus compatible remotes at $35 a piece. No such luck.
If you put much lateral pressure on this extension (say, when sword fighting in Wii Resort, or batting in Wii Sports baseball) this unit tends to pop off, even when "locked" in place. On one of the two units I bought, it didn't take long at all for one of the plastic hooks to snap off - making that unit useful only for very gentle games.
Adding to the frustration is that every time the unit does pop off, you have to stop what you're doing, "lock" it back in place, then recalibrate the remote.
Also, the position tends to saturate quickly, requiring the unit to be recalibrated often (especially annoying in the middle of a game).
When the unit does stay in place, I do like the extra length it provides.

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating Connection, December 27, 2014
The adapter connection port is extremely loose and it gets disconnected from my controller every few mins so i have to keep reconnecting it and go thru the setup again. Extremely frustrating when trying to play a game and get interrupted all the time. Also, the locking feature on the back does not work correctly. The switch only goes down about halfway and is stuck there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 1, 2014
Amazon Customer (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
It worked ok

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable alternative to purchasing a new Wii Plus controller., June 25, 2014
If you find yourself in the situation where you are required to have a Wii Plus/Wii-U Plus controller in order to get the most out of the games in your library (*cough* Nintendo Land), but you only have older version Wii-motes available, this may be the perfect alternative for you.

Pros
--------

At around $10 per adapter, this is an affordable alternative to purchasing the newer version Wii-motes/Wii-U-motes that already have the Plus sensors built in (priced around $40 each).

The silicone sleeve it similar to the original sleeve that come with new OEM controllers, except this one is longer as to fit over the adapter.

Cons
--------

This adapter adds roughly "1 1/4 onto the end of the standard Wii-mote, making it a bit cumbersome to use.

Conclusion
--------

This adapter made it possible for my family to get the most out of our old Wii-motes, while saving me some money in the process by not having to replace them. The only qualm I have with it is that my children have trouble using the Wii-motes in the sideways orientation with this adapter connected due to the extra length, so I find myself disconnecting it and then reconnecting it on the fly when the situation demands. 4/5 stars

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 427 | Next ›