Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 questions
votes
No the 855 does not have a sim card.
Mar 21, 2013 by Scott G. Peterson
votes
No. The unlocked version means that you don't need to sign a 2 year contract with verizon in order to get the phone. that's why it's more expensive. Sim cards are used in GSM units. The GSM version of Droid is called MILESTONE, and is not sold in North America.
Dec 9, 2009 by Andre S. Silveira
votes
Since you are getting a new line , you would get a new number. You have to call in and port in your old number from your existing phone provider to Verizon. Normally it takes about 30 min to 4 hours to get the number ported. I ported my old number from AT&T last week. I think that is up to you from where you would like to buy the phone. Just remember that if you are buying from Amazon, you are actually entering 2 different contracts ( 1 with Amazon , and 1 with Verizon). So if you decide to cancel your service from Verizon, you get a penalties from VZN & AMAZON. Hope this helps
Apr 4, 2010 by TIJIVA
votes
I currently have the Treo 750 on AT&T and looking to switch to the DROID. The only decision I have left to make is whether I want to sign up for Verizon's expensive data plans. Data plans are already overpriced everywhere, especially the Blackberry plans (I dropped Storm2 from consideration for that reason). With the number of people surfing the web on their phones and sending text messages, even when driving a train, there's no justification for the high cost of data plans. It might have been ok 5 yrs ago, but not anymore. I am still waiting for someone to answer the question on why I should pay more for a Verizon plan, but don't show me any red maps because my AT&T phone works just fine where I live. My DROID purchase may depend on that answer.
Dec 4, 2009 by Topsy
votes
No I wont be getting one. I am waiting for the Droid 2. Droid X doesnt have a physical keyboard which is one of the main reasons I got a Droid in the first place. Droid 2 will have one.
Jul 11, 2010 by D. Everts
votes
Of course there is sales tax most likely as well as an activation fee. The price here is for new customers only :-(
Mar 29, 2010 by Timothy Ryberg
votes
The phones shipped from Amazon.com are brand new from their warehouse. If you want to make sure you're getting new phone from Amazon.com, make sure the title of the product does not say "REFURBISHED", "LIKE NEW", or "CERTIFIED LIKE NEW". I ordered my Droid on the 18th of March and received it on the 20th of March. Speedy Delivery and the phone was brand new.
Mar 27, 2010 by J. Martin
votes
My wife and I have the moments, they are great phones. We switched from Verizon to Sprint to get the great priced unlimited family plan, as well as the Moment phones which we really liked. We prefered the keyboard on the Moment (with seperate raised buttons, not flat pad like the droid). I prefered the Moment for having actual buttons for answering calls. Again, we really love the phones, but Sprint's service doesnt work the best for us. We live in a large city in IL about an hour 1/2 outside of Chicago and I get dropped calls when in our house. I get data roaming warnings all the time too (and no 3G), so I'm actually thinking about switching back to Verizon as we always had full bars in our house on their network. I prefer the Moment over the Droid just from what I have messed with the Droid, but in our case I think Verizon is the better carrier. If you are in a place that gets 3G through Sprint and has a good network connection go with Sprint/Moment. After all, your smart phone is only going to be as good as your network allows.
Feb 27, 2010 by M. Robinson
votes
There is NO 5GB limit if you have the $30/mo UNLIMITED data plan. I've had this confirmed with Verizon (in writing).
Jan 31, 2010 by A.K.
votes
is the A855 a 4g phone Mar 11, 2014
No. Not that I'm aware of. It was 3G and do not think it was 4G capable.
Mar 11, 2014 by James Yi
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›
Do you think Questions & Answers are helpful? Add your feedback
ARRAY(0xa71855f4)

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers