Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 10, 2012
Researched the product heavily and when it worked, it was great. Gradually, night vision got weaker and weaker until it no longer worked. Six weeks was the life of this product. We called Motorola customer service and were told we'd receive emailed instructions on returning for a replacement. The phone agent said they could ship a replacement and send a box for the defective unit. Turns out this was untrue. Shipping it back, even after only six weeks, is the buyer's reponsibility to pay for and pack up. And then there is a 2-3 week turnaround time. I guess Motorola expects us to buy another baby monitor during the interim. I really like it but for what we paid ($250 for system with extra camera) I expect a little more goodwill. Don't make this mistake. Maybe our defective unit is in the minority but it's a hassle when it happens to you.
on May 4, 2012
We bought this system a couple months ago and it works great! We added an extra cam a couple weeks ago. When we hooked it up we thought we recieved a lemon. Before I returned it to Amazon, I figured I would call motorola to see if I was doing something wrong. They informed me that this model MBP33 DOES NOT have the rotating feature. Its the MBP36 that rotates, etc. Hope that helps anyone that is looking for that specific feature with the additional camera.
on September 26, 2013
I am going to start off by saying that I love my motorola video monitor. It's been a lifesaver. BUT after 2 babies I apparently have lost some brain cells:) and when we bought the second camera a year ago and it was darker then our first camera I assumed that it was because my daughter (the 1st camera) had a night light in her room and her room has always been a little lighter. So I haven't been able to see my son clearly from the start. Well a few nights ago he climbed out of his crib and I got a brilliant idea (I should have gotten a yr ago) to switch cameras to see if the problem was the camera... and it was. The night vision on the second camera does not work and never has. I called motorola to see if they could trouble shoot it or if they had a repair shop. I didn't expect to get a free new one but I did expect some help. None. They only can help you if its within the warranty time frame. If I had called 2 months earlier they would have replaced it for free. I feel like a 300 dollar purchase should have more repair options instead of dishing out another 100 bucks to buy a new camera when my oldest is 4 already. Boo to me not realizing sooner. and boo to mortorola not having a option that fixes the situation.
on December 11, 2013
Seriously, how did I survive without this thing before now?

For kiddo #1, I didn't use any baby monitor.

However when kiddo #2 came along, and was going to be sharing a room with 2-year-old big brother, I thought I needed to upgrade to the video coverage. And I'm SO glad I did.

The cameras work great. I have two set up in the same room, one set on the baby's bed and one on the toddler's. It gives me great peace of mind to be able to watch them sleep and to check on them in the middle of the night without actually opening their door and risk waking them up.

Plus, my two year old thinks I'm God when I tell him, through the speaker in the monitor, "Lay down" when he tries to get out of bed when he is supposed to be sleeping.

Yep. One of the best purchases ever.
on January 31, 2013
We had to get a second camera for the new baby and sometimes the volume will not work at all. Scary, if you are not aware of the problem and something were to happen to the baby in the middle of the night. It's also a pain if you get the baby down and then you get downstairs and are starting to relax, thinking they are asleep. Then you notice that the volume hasn't been working! If this happens to you, just unplug the camera and plug it back in. This happens to both of our cameras, so it is not a defect with just the new camera. It seems to happen anytime I touch the cord or move the device, like when cleaning or if I adjust it or accidentally touch it. This did not happen when we only used one camera. Also, if you look at one of the rooms and adjust the volume or the brightness, you cannot switch to the second room. To remedy this, you have to turn off the screen, then turn it back on and then you can switch screens. It's annoying. Just wanted to let others know in case you have the same problem.
on February 8, 2013
Works great when it works. We use two of these in two kids bedrooms and couldn't live without it. But to get two good cameras we went through two malfunctioning units. We called Motorola both times, and got replacements immediately. Motorola customer service is top notch, and shipping of replacement blazingly fast. Just wish they'd be more consistent on cameras themselves.

However confusing it sounds - I think it's the best quality product on the market. When you get working camera - it'll work forever (two years and counting). Other monitors/cameras, and we tried a few, just don't give this clear picture, night picture, and sound. So, considering good customer service - I still highly recommend this camera and baby monitor. Just make sure you keep all the boxes, in case you need a replacement.
VINE VOICEon October 21, 2012
We just recently added this 2nd camera to our first one as well as monitor. It was very easy to connect with our existing monitor and works great. Note that there is no way to adjust this camera from the monitor and that is all done manually so you need to position this prior to leaving the room. The monitor iteself will go in to scan mode when both are connected so it stays on each camera with sound for about 10-12 seconds or so before switching over. There is a speaker so that through the monitor, you can tell your child, "I'll be right there!" That's a great feature of these cameras. The quality is excellent and give you exactly what you need. A nice expansion to your system and monitor that is easy to use and of high quality. We have been using it for 4 months now and had no problems. It has been dropped on the carpet a couple of times and is durable enough to survive those several falls.
on July 21, 2013
We have this to add onto the corresponding baby monitor. I researched baby monitors forever. I needed two cameras with one parent set. We have had this one for a year and I love it. Nice big screen, excellent picture. Love that I can see the room temperatures in both girls' rooms. The battery lasts a really long time (even a year later) and I just keep it plugged in at night and unplugged all day (although it isn't on all day of course). The only feature it doesn't have is the ability to have one camera on mute and one with the sound on (either both are muted or both have the sound on). This isn't a deal breaker for me, but I don't always want to hear every squeak the baby makes, but if my toddler is sick (for example) I'd like to be able to hear a little easier if they call out for me. Would highly recommend this monitor!
on March 2, 2013
This is our first video monitor so I have nothing to compare it to. We bought it when our daughter went in to a toddler bed so that we could see what she was up to. The night vision is okay, a bit fuzzy. You get used to the picture. The daytime picture is color and amazing but we don't need it when it is super light out in her room. I kept the monitor because based on the reviews of this particular model compared to others, this is the best one for the price. If we wanted to spend another $50-75 more, we would have bought the camera that rotates 360 degrees. We are happy but thinking is the grass greener...?
on December 10, 2013
I love this baby monitor! I received it from my registry when I was still pregnant and purchased the additional camera about 6 months ago. My daughter is now 15 months old and both the monitor and additional camera have held up incredibly well considering the daily use. I have one camera set up by her crib and another that allows me to view the playroom. Highly reccomended!