The Motorola Admiral is a great choice for customers looking for an Android smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard and push-to-talk functionality. It features a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, GPS navigation, stereo bluetooth and a 3.1 inch display. The Motorola Admiral is a rugged device, adhering to MIL-STD 810G for dust, shock, vibration, solar radiation, low pressure and high and low temperatures. Find thousands of apps on the Google Play store, stream video and adio, and listen to your favorite music in a variety of formats.
This device may require a data plan for activation. Please contact your cellular provider for details.
With push-to-talk features keep you connected on the job or off, the Android-powered Motorola ADMIRAL allows you to instantly communicate with coworkers and others quickly and easily with just the push of a button. And with the Sprint Direct Connect portfolio of push-to-talk services, you'll be able to quickly get more done.
The Motorola ADMIRAL combines nationwide PTT communication with powerful Android smartphone features (see larger image).
Full physical QWERTY keyboard (see larger image).
At a Glance:
- 3G/PTT connectivity
- Military compliance for dust, shock and vibration
- Android 2.3 OS
- 1.2 GHz processor
- 3.1-inch touchscreen + Full QWERTY keyboard
- 4 GB memory + microSD expansion
- 5-MP camera + HD 720p video record
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Corporate/personal e-mail
The first Android-powered, 3G-enabled smartphone of its kind, the ADMIRAL is powered by a 1.2 GHz processor and features a 3.1-inch touchscreen that's complemented by a full physical QWERTY keyboard. Its push-to-talk features keep you connected on the job or off. The ADMIRAL also meets the military specifications for dust, shock, solar radiation, and temperature extremes. Plus, with Corning Gorilla Glass, the ADMIRAL's touchscreen display is scratch-resistant.
Enjoy the Internet without compromise with the full HTML browser and support for Adobe Flash as well as streaming YouTube videos on the 3.1-inch touchscreen display. The Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
The ADMIRAL boasts ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking with access to Sprint's Mobile Hotspot functionality for sharing your 3G connectivity with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 5-megapixel camera with HD 720p video recording, a 4 GB internal memory, microSD expansion via optional memory cards (up to 32 GB in size), and up to 9 hours of talk time.
Built with business in mind, the Motorola ADMIRAL supports Microsoft Exchange and other e-mail systems. It is easy to push delivery of Microsoft Exchange e-mail tailored to the needs of specific users, and with robust calendar capabilities, employees can access the corporate Global Address List to create, edit and share meetings. The ADMIRAL also comes pre-loaded with the Quickoffice app to view and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Adobe PDF documents.
It also has the security features IT departments demand and protects sensitive company data with enhanced on-device security features that can be managed via the existing Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Server--including password support, remote wipe and data encryption, as well as more than 30 other security policies. It offers standard PIN and password lock support, but goes above and beyond to include an alphanumeric requirement, complexity standards, expiration, history and recovery capabilities that are considered best-in-class features for Android-powered smartphones in the industry. Data encryption at rest on the device and microSD card also helps ensure that sensitive company data remains confidential.
The Motorola ADMIRAL weighs 4.58 ounces and measures 4.6 x 2.4 x 0.5 inches. Its 1860 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 9 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Motorola ADMIRAL handset, rechargeable battery, charger, documentation kit
Sprint Direct Connect
Powered by Sprint's CDMA network, Sprint Direct Connect delivers push-to-talk (PTT) service with faster data speeds and improved in-building coverage. With Sprint Direct Connect, you'll enjoy instant, one-to-one PTT communication nationwide with any other Direct Connect subscriber--ideal for quick conversations with families, friends, and co-workers. In addition to PTT functionality, Sprint Direct Connect also offers the following features:
- Call Alert with Text. Send an audio alert with an optional text message to let another Direct Connect subscriber know you are trying to reach them and why.
- Group Connect. Communicate with up to 20 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers all at once--nationwide, at the push of one button. (Group Connect participants must also have a Direct Connect capable Sprint device with the Group Connect feature.)
- TeamDC. Communicate with up to 200 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers at the same time nationwide. (All TeamDC participants must also have a Direct Connect capable Sprint device with the TeamDC feature.)
- NextMail. Send a recorded message to any e-mail worldwide or mobile handset via text message by using the Direct Connect button.
- Availability Notification. Request the availability status of another push-to-talk member and, if they are busy, request a notification when they are free.
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) in areas not yet served by 4G (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as mobile e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.2 GHz single-core processor
- 3.1-inch multi-touch display with Corning Gorilla Glass (480 x 640 pixels).
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- MicroUSB port for PC sync and charging.
- Removable battery
- 4 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 512 MB RAM
- 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus and LED flash.
- HD 720p video capture capabilities
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV, H.264, H.263
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication (full duplex).
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3/T4
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Motorola ADMIRAL runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The ADMIRAL also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, e-mail, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.