5.0 out of 5 stars Oldy, but goody
It's not smart phone, but awsome phone to carry around without worrying about the battery life or freeze up. The phone is light and very good looking. The battery lasts about a week on standby, and the call quality is very good. I live around "dead zone", and only verizon works where I live, but this phone has good reception. Highly recommended.
Published on May 29, 2011 by domer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Phone, Not Rugged.
Published on September 20, 2011 by Eric

5.0 out of 5 stars Oldy, but goody, May 29, 2011
This review is from: Motorola Adventure V750 Camera 3G Cell Phone Silver Verizon (Wireless Phone Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best flip phone I've ever had., December 12, 2011
Rick Lewis (Simi Valley, CA) - See all my reviews
I have had this phone for more than two years now, and it is all banged up. BUT it still works great. I have dropped it, scratched it, and the thin red border is almost gone. I have big hands, but the raised numbers are far enough a part that I don't accidently hit the wrong key. That's what sold me on this phone originally. Just had to order a new battery (from Amazon, new Motorola battery for $4.51!!) as the original one is finally losing its strength. I also carry a new smart phone, but this flip phone is used for 95% of my outgoing and incoming calls. If you're old school like me, this is a wonderful phone. I will use it until it dies or the technology becomes obsolete.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Phone, Not Rugged., September 20, 2011
I purchased this phone with my Verizon Contract only because the sales rep told me that it was a rugged phone. The phone worked great and has continued to do so, however only after one week I dropped the phone on my kitchen floor and the front screen shattered. I contacted Verizon and a rugged phone can be dropped and covered by them. I have continued to use the phone, despite much ridicule from my friends for my age old broken phone. It's almost three years old now and is begining to freeze up. I'll be much more carfull when it comes to buying my next rugged phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like this phone!, July 11, 2011
I hated my old LG phone and I still had a year to go with it! So I got on amazon and found this phone, and I love it! It is easy to use and hear! Great phone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola v750, June 23, 2011
Good phone old school but that is the style of phone i was searching for. does a lot of functions for a flip phone with the media net along with a great mp3 player on board with external controls.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just "OK" on the farm, January 9, 2012
I've found the V-750 to be "OK". I should first disclose that I purchased it for basic use, to make calls and send the occasional text message. I was lured by the description of "rugged", as this phone will be exposed to plenty of dirt, vibration, and I'm sure the occasional drop around the farm. (Which is why I only buy flip phones) So far, I really haven't fully tested the "rugged" feature!

The biggest positive I've noticed is signal reception -- I live in an area where tower strength is pretty weak, yet this phone does a good job of hanging on to calls.

On the downside, I don't find the control buttons very intuitive to use. The manual that was sent with the phone by BlueTek was pretty lame, so I had to go online to download the manual from Motorola to teach me how to use some of the basic features. I suppose had I owned a Motorola brand cell phone in the past, this might not have been such a problem for me.

The side keys mostly just get in the way. I really like them for volume control, but the music control key is perpetually being accidentally activated, as is the voice command button. I'm quite accustomed to hearing "Please say a command" from my pocket. I can lock the side keys, but it appears they unlock as soon as I open the phone and then stay unlocked, so you have to remember to relock them each time you use the phone. I had a previous phone where I could set it to lock the side keys each time the flip was closed, which was MUCH more user friendly.

The ringer volume cannot be set as loud as I would like, either. I often have a lot of background noise, and miss quite a few calls because I don't hear it ring. (Having vibrate "on" helps, but doesn't get my attention all the time)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Rugged Phone, April 12, 2012
This phone does what it says. I works great for my contractor husband. It takes a lot of abuse on the job and does what it is supposed to. It doesn't have a lot of features, which he does not want. It has a loud ring tone and seems pretty indestructible. Great job Motorola.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Phone, November 11, 2011
Decent phone for what it is, the screen is clear and the buttons are large enough for my boyfriend to text comfortably with. I wouldn't call it "Rugged" though, the flip phone seems a little flimsy and the battery cover is a very thin piece of plastic.

I was very happy with the vendor- the first phone they send me didn't work (which can be expected sometimes with older phones...) but they were very quick with email correspondence which allowed me to make an exchange.

5.0 out of 5 stars good phone, November 21, 2011
I really like this phone it stands up to the test of time especially being in the army and all! Good stuff

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for cheap working phone, September 14, 2011
Bought the Motorola V750 because it was listed a rugged phone and found a good deal on one. The battery department is quite cheap and actually popped off the first time I dropped which I would not consider a strong quality for a rugged phone but it was also open at the time and hit a concrete floor which did no damage.

My phone has a couple of quirks that it will often freeze for 10 to 15 seconds after hanging up, I think this is cause from the battery needing replacing, it is used and an older model phone after all. The other quirk is that I can't use my speed dial if I hit a # and press send I get a strange recording, so I have to hit the # then view then send, not to big of a deal once I figured it out. One other thing to remember this phone is an older model so the display and functions are limited compared to new phones.