Enjoy the power of mobile computing in the palm of your hand with the Motorola ATRIX 4G for AT&T, which offers a 1 GHz dual-core processor and the ability to connect to AT&T's ultra-fast 4G mobile broadband network. Powered by the Android 2.2 platform (learn more below), it also features Motorola's webtop application, which offers a PC-like experience and runs a full Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser with support for Adobe Flash Player (requires optional dock).
The world's first smartphone qHD display, offering high resolution and 24-bit color larger image.
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below). You also get the optional AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal.
The NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor (2 x 1 GHz) allows you to multi-task quickly, while the 1 GB of RAM provides PC-like power and performance. The 4-inch qHD touchscreen display offers a rich 24-bit color depth and a 960 x 540-pixel resolution for extremely sharp images.
Other features include a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder that can capture video at HD 720p resolution, ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for stereo music streaming and connecting to peripherals, 16 GB internal memory, microSD expansion (up to 32 GB), MOTOBLUR for integrated social networking, GPS for location-based services and navigation using Google Maps, HDMI audio/video output, and up to 9 hours of talk time.
Powered by a dual core processor with
each core running at 1 GHz larger image.
It's complemented by optional accessories that include a super-thin laptop dock--for which ATRIX 4G is the "engine"--and an HD media dock that uses ATRIX 4G's HDMI video output capabilities and processing power to enable a revolutionary browsing, application, productivity, and media experience (learn more below).
Your Digital Hub
The Motorola ATRIX 4G is the only smartphone that allows you to carry the power and performance of mobile computing inside your pocket. Motorola ATRIX 4G is built around a 1 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB of RAM for the horsepower you need to keep pace with all aspects of your life. Web pages open twice as fast as non-dual-core smartphones and Adobe Flash Player makes it possible to view a full range of online animations and video.
PC Power from Your Smartphone
You'll be able to create, edit, and interact with all your documents, media, and content using Motorola's webtop application (when connected to an optional dock). The ATRIX 4G can be used to browse your favorite web sites with a full Firefox desktop browser, view social networking sites, and use HTML5 web-based applications and supported cloud computing services while running your Android applications in a window. And you'll also be able to send instant messages and make phone calls--all at the same time. Calls continue uninterrupted even if the ATRIX 4G is removed from the dock.
To access the webtop application, with the Laptop Dock, simply dock the phone to the Laptop Dock and webtop launches automatically. Or, dock your phone in the HD Multimedia Dock and choose between webtop and Entertainment Center mode.
Empower Your Fun
The dual-core processor lets the ATRIX 4G render graphics and games faster, and everything you see on the ATRIX 4G screen is in crisp, rich 24-bit color with the world's first qHD (Quarter High Definition) smartphone display. With the U-verse mobile app from AT&T, U-verse subscribers can browse a library of shows for streaming to the ATRIX 4G, and remotely schedule recordings on their DVRs at home.
And the ATRIX 4G offers up to 48 GB of memory--16 GB on board and an optional 32 GB microSD card--giving you space to store thousands of songs, photos, and files to keep you entertained wherever your life takes you.
MOTOBLUR is Motorola's exclusive experience that syncs contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more--from your favorite social media sites, work and personal e-mail, and last.fm--and automatically delivers them to your home screen.
The 5-megapixel camera also captures HD 720p video larger image.
- Filter social networking and messages widgets: Filter by social networking account, by contact(s) or by contact group to only see the information you want.
- Improved social networking functionality: Retweet, like Facebook comments, and more.
- Screen customization: Move and resize preloaded widgets on up to three home screens.
- Battery manager: Manage battery consumption by operating in one of three performance modes.
- Personal and corporate e-mail: Pushed directly to the device.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA+ network (with enhanced backhaul). See more about AT&T's 4G service below.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Optional AT&T Mobile Hotspot service enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- Optional AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, A2DP audio streaming, and for connecting to peripherals like a wireless keyboard.
| || |
OS & Software
- Android 2.2 operating system (Froyo) (learn more below)
- BLOCKBUSTER app enables you to discover and download the latest movie rentals on the go.
- Quick Office 3.0 for viewing, editing, and creating Microsoft Office files right on your phone.
- Need for Speed Shift racing game (demo version)
- DLNA capabilities enables you to share your photo albums, videos and movies wirelessly with a compatible HDTV or other DLNA device.
Design and Hardware
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones.
- 4-inch qHD touchscreen display (Quarter High Definition; 960 x 540 pixels) made of ultra-durable Corning Gorilla Glass with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- Onscreen keyboard
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the onscreen keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion.
- Removable battery
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk).
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail (including support for Exchange and push Gmail).
- Easy access to social networks including Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
- Photo uploading capabilities to Facebook, MySpace, Photobucket, and Picasa.
- Full HTML web browsing via Android HTML Webkit browser; Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser (when using optional dock).
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and auto focus
- HD 720p video capture capabilities at 30 frames per second (fps)
- Front-facing camera for video chats (VGA resolution)
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA9, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB of DDR2 RAM is twice the RAM of most smartphones and delivers effortless multi-tasking.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- HDMI audio/video port enables you to output pictures, slides and videos in HD quality (720p) via included HDMI cable (future software upgrade to 1080p video output).
- Micro USB 2.0 port with mass storage capabilities.
- Text-to-speech capabilities including read-out of text and e-mail messages.
- Voice commands
- Organizer tools including calendar and alarm clock.
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Fingerprint sensor for added security built in on the rear of the device. Set your screen lock to Fingerprints, and you can unlock your phone by swiping your finger over that sensor.
The Motorola ATRIX 4G weighs 4.76 ounces and measures 4.64 x 2.5 x 0.43 inches. Its 1930 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 9 hours of talk time, and up to 250 hours (10+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 4G network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS).
What's in the Box
Motorola ATRIX 4G handset, removable battery, charger, USB cable, HDMI cable, quick start guide
Accessories That Make The ATRIX Smartphone Smarter
Motorola complements the ATRIX 4G with two unique companion docks that enable you to have an enhanced and more interactive computer-like experience.
Laptop dock (see larger).
The Motorola Laptop Dock has an incredibly thin design with an 11.6-inch screen, full keyboard, stereo speakers, 36Wh three-cell battery that delivers up to 8 hours of battery life and weighs just 2.4 pounds. Simply dock your Motorola ATRIX 4G into the back of the Laptop Dock to turn it into an active, connected machine to experience true mobility at work, home, and playing on-the-go in a form factor that's lighter and smaller than most laptops on the market.
Multimedia dock (see larger).
The Motorola HD Multimedia Dock has three USB ports and an HDMI port enabling connections to a keyboard, mouse, speakers, and HDMI-compatible monitor for working at your desk/office, or connecting to an HDMI-compatible television and home theater audio system for interacting with content and enjoying video, music, games, and more in your living room.
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
Coming later in 2011, AT&T will deliver a second layer of 4G network called LTE (Long Term Evolution) that is even faster than HSPA+ speeds.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
Android Operating System
The ATRIX 4G runs the latest Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the ATRIX 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The ATRIX 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.