With blazingly fast 4G connectivity and a 1 GHz dual-core processor for up to twice the power of other smartphones, the Android-powered Motorola ATRIX 2 for AT&T is business ready but also doubles as an entertainment center. You'll instantly feel the rush: faster web browsing, faster data download speeds of up to 21 Mbps, seamless multi-tasking, and smooth-as-silk game play. All this on a stunning, razor-sharp 4.3-inch qHD multi-touch screen.
Dual-core processing and ultra-fast 4G connectivity (view larger).
Using Motorola's innovative webtop application, you can connect the ATRIX 2 to an external monitor via Motorola's optional Motorola Lapdock or HD Station to play music and videos on the big screen as well as enjoy full Firefox multi-tab browsing.
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below). You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan). This GPS-enabled phone can also access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
Thanks to the included ZumoCast app, you'll be able to access music, photos, and videos straight from your computer's hard drive--remotely in real-time. The 8 megapixel camera features a faster viewfinder startup and shutter that takes your picture faster than a standalone digital camera, and it also captures video at Full 1080p HD with smooth 30 fps playback. The ATRIX 2 also comes with a front-facing camera for on-the-go video chats.
While the ATRIX 2 boasts a great deal of entertainment value, features such as device and microSD card encryption, enterprise-grade VPN, enhanced Exchange options and personal information management, and remote wipe make this device ready for the enterprise.
Other features include an 8 GB internal memory plus 2 GB microSD card, 1 GB of RAM, microSD expansion to 32 GB (via optional cards) Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, full HTML browser with support for Adobe Flash, HDMI output, wireless streaming of media via DLNA, and up to 8.5 hours of talk time.
PC Power from Your Smartphone
Create, edit, and interact with all your documents, media, and content using Motorola's webtop application when connected to one of three optional docks. The ATRIX 2 can be used to browse your favorite web sites with a full Firefox desktop browser, view social networking sites, and use HTML5 web-based applications and supported cloud computing services while running your Android applications in a window. And calls and text messages continue uninterrupted even if the ATRIX 2 is removed from the dock.
You can choose from the HD Station dock (good for webtop use plus multimedia playback) or the Lapdock 100--which provides an all-in-one webtop solution. The Lapdock 100 features a high-definition 10.1-inch display, larger, more ergonomic keyboard, and trackpad.
Capture the Moment
With advanced imaging features, you can take pictures in an instant with shutter response that is faster than a digital camera. With an amazing 8-megapixel camera, you can take pictures clear enough for a poster-sized 16 by 20 inch print. Starting where the original Motorola ATRIX left off, this camera has better resolution so you can capture even more details. Motorola ATRIX 2 also has a Full 1080p HD video capture for the highest video quality, smooth playback at 30 frames per second and speedy startup--you'll never miss a beat from start to finish.
If a wireless hub is nearby, you can also video chat with PCs or other smartphones via GoogleTalk. And to share pictures and videos with your friends and family, the Gallery app makes it easy to post on your social networks in no time. Or what you might call, proof of awesomeness.
Music To Your Ears
With Motorola's unique music player, you get an easy-to-use, music discovery dashboard for instant access to all your favorite artists, past or present, plus their song lyrics. This also includes live, personalized song and video recommendations as well as real-time news and event information from the world of music.
Feel the Power by Being Business Ready
The Motorola ATRIX 2 is the right tool for any job, with everything a business owner wants and just what an employee needs. Motorola ATRIX 2 takes "work smart" to the next level with business-ready security and productivity features that would make any IT department proud. This is above and beyond what's found in basic Android-powered devices, with PIN lock and password protection; inactivity timeouts; data encryption on both the device and the SD card; and the ability to wipe the phone remotely if it's ever lost or stolen.
It doesn't disappoint when it comes to productivity either. Access to corporate address information, calendar resources and conference dialing is quick and easy. And e-mail is easier with the ability to filter, spell check and view or download attachments in a snap.
The Motorola ATRIX 2 weighs 5.18 ounces and measures 4.9 x 2.5 x 0.4 inches. Its 1785 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8.5 hours of talk time, and up to 380 hours (15.9 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 4G network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS).
What's in the Box
Motorola ATRIX 2 handset, rechargeable battery, travel/USB charger, USB cable, 2 GB microSD card, quick start guide
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
Coming later in 2011, AT&T will deliver a second layer of 4G network called LTE (Long Term Evolution) that is even faster than HSPA+ speeds.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
Optional AT&T Services
AT&T Navigator: This premium GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. You'll be able to find the closes ATM, restaurant, gas station, Wi-Fi hotspot and more with over 10 million business listings.
DataPro 4 GB for Smartphone Tethering: Tethering lets you use your smartphone as a wireless modem or mobile hotspot, enabling you to share your mobile broadband connection to laptops, netbooks, and more. The DataPro 4 GB plan also includes unlimited access to more than 26,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots. And if you go over, you'll get an additional 1 GB automatically for only $10.
AT&T FamilyMap: Locate any phone indoors or outdoors on the AT&T Network. FamilyMap provides peace of mind by being able to conveniently locate a family member from your wireless phone or PC and know that your family's information is secure and private. Want to verify that your child arrives home from school each day? Set up a Schedule Check to automatically get location information sent to you via text message or e-mail.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The ATRIX 2 runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread). It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The ATRIX 2 also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA+ network (with enhanced backhaul). Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with AT&T's 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Mobile HotSpot capabilities allows you to connect up to five other Wi-Fi-enabled devices and laptops.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps or optional AT&T Navigator) and location services
- 1 GHz dual-core processorcapable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones.
- 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen display (Quarter High Definition; 960 x 540 pixels) made of ultra-durable Corning Gorilla Glass with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors
- MicroUSB port
- HDMI audio/video port enables you to output pictures, slides and videos in HD quality (1080p) via optional HDMI cable.
- Removable battery
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 support,
- Firefox HTML browser via webtop application using optional accessories.
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as mobile e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging.
- Rear 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash and geo-tagging capabilities.
- Full 1080p HD video recording capabilities (30 fps)
- VGA front-facing camera for video chats.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV
- DLNA capabilities allow you to stream movies, music, and photos from your smartphone to a compatible HDTV.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 8 GB internal memory
- Included 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB RAM
- ZumoCast app for remotely accessing or streaming files from your computers to your ATIRX 2.
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Hearing aid compatibility: M3/T3
- TTY compatible
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.