5.0 out of 5 stars You won't ever look back.
A bit of context, just so you know where I'm coming from on this...

- I upgraded from a Motorola Backflip. The best Android phone AT&T had to offer at the time, but I'd had enough of the ridiculously slow processor.

- Rather than wait another 8 months to renew my contract, I took an exclusion renewal, so I got the Atrix for only about $100 under...
Published on March 16, 2011 by D. Hoelck

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Cautions
This is a wonderful phone with great specs. There is one thing that may not be apparent based on the description:

Although it is a 4G phone, AT&T currently limits the upload speed to 300Kbs. This actually limits the download speed to 1.5Mbs or so. What has angered the community is that the same limit is not applied to the IPhone 4 (which gets 5X faster...
Published on March 1, 2011 by David A. Guth

‹ Previous | 17 8 920 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Motorola Atrix 4g, March 12, 2014
The phone can no be used by me. It can with it being locked to att. Att compatible SIM cards usually don't need an unlock code. I told seller that ATT will not give me an unlock code because I don't have an Att account, and! they haven't responded after I asked for a remedy or a refund

5.0 out of 5 stars Good phone for the price, February 6, 2014
Was NOT unlocked, but it is a good android phone with great features. The screen is not large, but it isn't small either. It was one of first android phones to have HD cameras, a dual core processor and front-facing camera as well as rear-facing camera

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome product, January 11, 2014
phone is awesome to bad Motorola stopped making the atrix line. We have a couple spares now for future use. Our daughter has this phone and is in Unniv,she has no internet in her apt but this phones capabilities are getting her through. We also bought her the laptop dock and are excited to get it and give it to her,perfect fit for her at this time. Highly recommend this phone as it is sturdy and powerfull.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, November 15, 2013
It is an older smartphone that has good reviews about ease of use. I would give it a higher mark if the battery life was longer. It is a good size for use with one hand and was reasonably priced

3.0 out of 5 stars battery, November 10, 2013
After about the second month the battery went on the fritz and the phone never stayed charged...I know this can happen with used phones, bt could have at least mentioned it needed one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, October 20, 2013
The phone at least is working, had to update the software because it came in japanese I guess. Came with all the accesories , but if it wasn't because I used to have the same phone I probably wouldn't have a battery that actually last. Good phone but don't recommend the seller much

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone with solid performance, but reliability issues., September 13, 2013
I've owned 3 of these because the screen keeps dying; the first developed areas where touch wasn't detected, the second had uneven brightness, the third has both but I'm still using it. The other major downside is the Ice-Cream Sandwich OS (Android 4.1) update from Motorola got canceled so this device is no longer supported by the manufacturer or Google. You have to go to forums or get XDA help.

But I keep getting the same phone hoping for better luck, so there must be some positives, right? Yes! The phone day-to-day is excellent. The cost-per-performance is great (got it for a penny through AT&T), the power button doubles as a fingerprint scanner (very reliable), kevlar back is sexy, rounded form is sleek and simple. Battery lasts me ~30 hrs with moderate use on auto-brightness, games and videos play smoothly, durable frame takes a lot of punishment... I dropped it while biking, kicked it into the street, and it literally got hit by a car; worked perfectly for another 4 months! Camera is good, front cam useful for video chat, LED for flash or flashlight. I <3 this phone!

I just really wish it was more reliable because I would keep buying it. I root and install custom ROM so I get better than stock Gingerbread OS.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great!, September 1, 2013
To be honest I did not really get to experience the smart phone because the product came to me with basically a detached screen! Wasn't a great experience for me overall! You win some and you lose some!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardware mal fonction, July 10, 2013
I had and I'm still having a lot of hardware problems: can't answer sometimes when phone is lock, can't access my contacts from the phone, turns of by it self..

3.0 out of 5 stars Random rebooting is unacceptable, July 8, 2013
donles (Bridgeville, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola Atrix 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've had this phone since 2011. The phone randomly reboots daily, often multiple times a day, for no apparent reason. I can't make sense of it. It will reboot while it's just sitting there with a dark screen, in standby. Or, it will reboot while I'm using it. The phone did not start to reboot until I owned it for about six months. Motorola support is non-existent. They seem to be unaware of a problem, yet, check out any message board and the reboot problems are well documented. But if I send it in with $100, they will repair it, of course. I strongly believe the reboot problem is a component or software flaw. My son also bought an Atrix at the same time and his randomly reboots as well.
I'd like to support Motorola by purchasing their products but this ruins their reputation for me.

‹ Previous | 17 8 920 | Next ›