Published 21 months ago by Lisa Kearns

1.0 out of 5 stars This phone did not hold up for me.
I admit, I'm a contractor and I'm very tough on phones. That's why I try to buy the "ruggedized" phones, the heavy duty ones that are supposed to be able to handle some abuse. This phone did not live up to it's billing. I even bought two separate protective cases, a leather one, and then a hard rubber one. Even with the cases on, the phone was useless after only a...
Published 23 months ago by D. T. Kleven

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged, long lasting, and perfect for people who don't do more than text and talk, February 19, 2013
This review is from: Motorola V860 Barrage Verizon Wireless MIL-SPEC Rugged 2MP Cell Phone (No Contract) (Unlocked Phone)
I've owned this phone for nearly four years and I love it! I've dropped it and soaked it, and it still works perfectly. It has lots of nice features like a notebook function for jotting notes to yourself, a camera (although the photos aren't as crisp as with more hi-tech phones), alarm clock, calculator and stop watch. The original battery (from Verizon) didn't last more than a year, but replacements are inexpensive, and I adore this phone overall.

I don't like touch screens, and don't text enough to need a full keyboard, so this phone is perfect. I have the Internet capability turned off, although it would be useful for looking up addresses while on the road. While my husband and kids have gone through two fancy phones each in the time I've owned this one (one dropped in the toilet, one shattered on the floor, one just died on its own, and one started typing random letters in texts) I've had the same bullet-proof phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, February 11, 2012
Sellers sent this quickly and when you order something useful don't know what to expect. Was pleasantly surprised. Phone was in much better shape than I expected and it works great and battery was fully charged. It almost looked unused. For the price was great deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Best Feature Phone I Ever Used, September 4, 2013
The phone is capable of listening to music and has music controls on the front, is perfect for screwing Verizon which is always a plus, and you can't go wrong with a flip phone. my niece absolutely loves this phone. I fully recommend this phone for anyone who wants to entertain their kids, nephews or in my case, niece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to Work With!! Awesome Phone!, July 23, 2013
Ordered 2 of their refurbished phones. Both were great. Showed a little wear, but really in great shape. They were as advertised. Service is Excellent! One of the phones had a wall charger that didn't work (didn't receive electrical current). I contacted them through Amazon. They responded immediately - shipped out new charger same day AND said I could throw the other one away. They saved me from having to do anything! No return shipping, etc. That, to me is Outstanding Customer Service! We love the phones! Perfect for people who prefer flip phone. Durable - which is good for my hunter and my 85 yr old mother! Mother likes to text some, but gets real confused with a qwerty keyboard. Texting is smooth and easy with the dial pad on this phone - works really great for her. The feature to announce who's calling helps her because some ring tones don't register with her hearing aid. The voice announce works perfect. Both users are very happy with their phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy!, January 23, 2012
If you are skeptical about buying from this company, don't be! The item was shipped and received within two days of ordering. After I received the phone I called the phone number on the invoice and was immediately connected to a live person! Unheard of today, right? She was most courteous and helpful. Although the phone was a little dirty (I was told that's the way it came from the distributor), with a little alcohol and cotton swab it now looks brand new!
Do not think twice about ordering from here! TEN stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars good phone, January 7, 2014
Seems like the perfect phone for my 60 year old husband who doesn't use the internet..very lightweight and easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, January 9, 2013
I purchased this phone for my dad who works in asphalt and construction. He loves the camera for taking photos of his grandkids and pets. The only conplaint we have is the battery life is terrible but we will purchase a new extended life battery. I paid 35 dollars for the phone and I am satisfied with the quality for that price.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I found this phone!, March 12, 2014
I've had my original V860 for over 4 1/2 years, and I was getting ready to settle for a "smart" phone. I doubt any other (especially "smart" ) phone could withstand the abuse (unintentional) my barrage has suffered...

***I do NOT suggest that anyone try and duplicate these instances, I doubt the warranty would cover any of them!!***

A short list: Gone through a complete warm wash cycle, dropped in a 5 gal bucket of latex paint, dropped from a 7 and 10 foot height onto a concrete floor, dropped kicked 6 feet colliding with a brick wall and two weeks ago dropped into a gutter of rushing snow melt (frigid, very salty and gritty) not retrievable for 15 minutes (stuck under a pile of snow). Each and every time, the phone was still on and functioned perfectly Except for the bucket of paint where the mic was partially blocked by dried paint (my fault). The only down side I can see is resetting all the sounds and graphics to where I want them...I love this phone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best way to go!, January 3, 2014
I have ruined so many cell phones.... Its nice to finally get a "hardy" one like this phone. Just purchasing outright makes so much more sense!

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola for Employee, May 31, 2013
This phone came in so fast and met every expectation! Our employee even said he could hear better on this one than the last phone (Which we paid about $160.00 for.