- Size (LWH): 2.34 inches, 4.59 inches, 0.48 inches
- Weight: 4.16 ounces
- Network Compatibility: GSM
* T-Mobile Motorola CLIQ XT Mobile Phone
* Lithium-ion battery and charger
* Owner's manual
* Built-in Wi-Fi network
For Internet capability and Bluetooth compatible for connecting to your computer.
* Built-in 5.0MP camera with video capture, autofocus and flash
Capture still photos and video clips while you're on the go.
* Built-in GPS receiver
Provides navigation assistance while you're traveling (additional fees may apply).
* Built-in music player
Lets you listen to your favorite tunes.
* MOTOBLUR capability
Network with friends, send messages and keep up with the latest news (additional fees may apply).
* Hands-free speakerphone
Lets you talk while driving.
* Vibration alert
Lets you silence your phone but still be alerted when calls and messages come in.
* Preloaded polyphonic ringtones
Allow you to personalize the sound of your phone.
* Up to 8 hours talk time and 13 days standby
With included lithium-ion battery.
With MOTOBLUR, social networking updates and messaging appear right on your home screen.
The 3.1-inch touch-enabled display includes a virtual QWERTY keyboard and support for Swype keyboard input.
Powered by the Android OS, you can customize your Motorola CLIQ XT with thousands of apps available via the Android Market.
With integrated Google technology, the Motorola CLIQ XT brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, Gtalk, YouTube, Picasa, and contacts/calendar synchronization. CLIQ XT also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
The CLIQ XT offers GPS location services for turn-by-turn directions using Google Maps and Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and business networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Other features include a 5-megapixel camera (with flash) for still photos and video capture, Bluetooth for both hands-free communication and stereo music streaming, a digital audio player, an included 2 GB microSD memory card, and up to 7 hours of talk time.
- Powered by the Android operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market. (Learn more)
- Innovative widget-based MOTOBLUR overlay to Android automatically delivers Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and corporate and personal e-mail updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications. (Learn more)
- Update Facebook, MySpace and Twitter at once instead of opening individual apps with MOTOBLUR as well as upload your photos to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa and Photobucket.
- MOTOBLUR continuously displays your friends' latest profile pics as part of your texts, calls, e-mails and address book.
- View your friends your way: MOTOBLUR lets you view friends from A to Z, by contact history or in groups you make yourself.
- Customize your home screen with your favorite widgets and short cuts.
- Your information is continuously updated and backed up into a secure environment, so you're connected and protected even if you lose your phone.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- Built-in GPS with turn-by-turn directions provided by Google Maps and the pre-installed TeleNav GPS Navigator (subscription required after trial ends). With Google Maps, you can instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
- 3.1-inch touchscreen display (320 x 480 pixels, 262K color depth)
- Virtual onscreen QWERTY keyboard with improved input features including addition of magnifying glass to help with cursor location, ability to return to a typed word and receive spelling suggestions, and more.
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to type. (Learn more)
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with flash for sharing images online and creating high-quality prints. Features include digital zoom, multiple white balance settings and color effects, three quality choices, and editing options for both still photos and video.
- Video capture capabilities with up to 24 fps capture rate.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (2 GB card included).
- Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- FM radio
- YouTube app for streaming video over 3G and Wi-Fi connections.
- Real HTML Web browsing provides more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
- Visual Voicemail allows you to listen to your voice-mail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- Voice-activated dialing lets you call someone with simple voice commands when your hands are busy.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
The Motorola CLIQ XT weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.6 x 2.4 x 0.49 inches. Its 1400 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of talk time, and up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
Motorola CLIQ XT handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, wired stereo headset, USB cable, quick start guide
- High-speed data connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G network: In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
Activities that work well on EDGE or 3G networks:
- E-mail, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
Activities that work best on a 3G network:
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
T-Mobile's 3G network is currently available in more than 220 cities nationwide and covers more than 160 million people.
Developed by Motorola, MOTOBLUR is an innovative solution that manages and integrates communications--from work e-mail to social networking activity--on your CLIQ XT. Updates to contacts, posts, messages, photos and more are streamed together and synced from sources including Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and work and personal e-mail. MOTOBLUR automatically delivers these updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications to keep up with the latest content.
CLIQ XT also features multitasking capabilities and one-touch access to the Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, YouTube and Picasa. Easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts is supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. Contacts and e-mail are also supported by Yahoo!, Windows Live Hotmail, and other POP3 and IMAP e-mail services. It also combines instant messaging support for Google Talk, as well as AOL, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger.
The app screen.
Access to all your messaging.
See status updates and comments.
Additionally, the Android Market hosts a wide variety of unique applications, and with the Motorola CLIQ XT's one-click access to it you can find and download a wide range of innovative software applications--from games to social networking and on-the-go shopping--to personalize your phone.
Top Customer Reviews
So when I went to look for a non-slider Android, my only choices were the MyTouch which I didn't like the look of, the Samsung Behold II which seemed universally disliked from what I read, and the Cliq XT.
As soon as I held this phone in the T-Mobile store, it was love at first sight.
While not being that much smaller in dimension than the G1, it feels sleeker, lighter and more high tech. The front has a grooved face which might be a dust magnet over time, but the back has a rubberized textured surface that gives the phone a really high quality feel.
Already very familiar with the Android OS from my G1, I was able to jump in immediately. Almost all my apps transferred from the G1. Five homescreens rather than three is a welcome improvement, although I don't like clutter so I only use two.
The screen is as nicely responsive as the G1, and seems brighter on the lowest setting (necessary to keep on lowest setting, all these smartphones are huge battery hogs). I'm not running the Blur features because I'm not that into Facebook, Twitter, etc. so I can't speak about what those do to the battery. I'm just relieved they're optional and not mandatory on the screen.
Which is what's so great about the Android phones: Just about everything about them is 100% customizable to your tastes/needs. I've never touched an iPhone and really have no desire to after seeing what Android can do.
*The touchpad replaces the G1's trackball which was always a bit too sensitive.Read more ›
This is definitely my last motorola phone!
I don't know how it compares to other smartphones as this is my first. But I have not been disappointed. Call quality (which is still my primary reason for having any cell phone) is excellent. MotoBlur is a lot of fun. The camera will never match my DSLR, but don't need it to. At 5 MP it's better than any other phone I have had. The bluetooth has been very dependable with my Ford Sync and my ear piece. Love the Android OS and applications. My wife has an IPhone, but now wishes she had an Android based smartphone. Only negative so far is the battery life. With all the pushin & pullin with MotoBlur the battery does drain a little quicker than what I have been use to with traditional cell phones. But it makes it easily through the day and my ususual is to plug my cell in over night. Plus it easil charges off my laptop during the day when I need to, so the battery life is not a deal buster for me.
I read a lot of reviews slamin' one feature or another on this phone, but as I said in the beginning, I have been very pleaseed with it.
I don't know how to write a good and thorough review but these were the main problem i've found... Slow on updating. Slow on making and receiving calls. Short battery life. It's a great phone if you don't mind its processing speed.
I lowered the rating from 3 stars to 2. One month of ownership and I've discovered more problems.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Stranded in 1.5 land less than a year after I bought the damn thing. Everyone else is getting the fancy 2.1 version and their solution is to buy a new phone? Read morePublished on March 28, 2011 by Amazon Customer
This is my 2nd smart phone with T-mobile. I had a G1 phone, it worked wonderfully until it mysteriously died on me. I looked around and got this phone. Read morePublished on November 26, 2010 by Fadedcloud
I have been a T-mobile customer for years and have owned some great phones. I believe that you should ''upgrade'' every time you sign for 2 years. Read morePublished on November 22, 2010 by C. Medina
Here's my pros and cons of Motorola Cliq XT:
- Display resolution/quality is very impressive. Read more
Motorola is either unwilling or unable to provide upgrades for this phone. If you want a web browser and an email client, it is an ok phone. Read morePublished on October 9, 2010 by Irridor
Look at all of the reviews online. Every critical review echoes EXACTLY what my experience has been with this phone. Read morePublished on October 3, 2010 by Scull
My G1 bit the dust recently after a year of abuse and hard labor and my brother gave me this phone to replace it.
I almost wish he hadn't. Read more
I swear I should have never bought this phone.
First of all it is running version 1.5 of Android, which I didn't think much of until I realized that a lot of software... Read more
This phone has a processor that is half as fast (524MHz) as some of the newer phones from HTC (1GHz snapdragon processor). Read morePublished on July 23, 2010 by D. Lee