Call, e-mail or send photos to your family and friends with this mobile phone that features a built-in 5.0MP camera with video capture, autofocus and flash to capture still shots and live-action clips while you're on the go.
* T-Mobile Motorola CLIQ XT Mobile Phone
* Lithium-ion battery and charger
* Owner's manual
* Built-in Wi-Fi network
For Internet capability and Bluetooth compatible for connecting to your computer.
* Built-in 5.0MP camera with video capture, autofocus and flash
Capture still photos and video clips while you're on the go.
* Built-in GPS receiver
Provides navigation assistance while you're traveling (additional fees may apply).
* Built-in music player
Lets you listen to your favorite tunes.
* MOTOBLUR capability
Network with friends, send messages and keep up with the latest news (additional fees may apply).
* Hands-free speakerphone
Lets you talk while driving.
* Vibration alert
Lets you silence your phone but still be alerted when calls and messages come in.
* Preloaded polyphonic ringtones
Allow you to personalize the sound of your phone.
* Up to 8 hours talk time and 13 days standby
With included lithium-ion battery.
Building on the popularity of Motorola's original CLIQ Android-powered smartphone, the CLIQ XT eschews its predecessor's slide-out QWERTY keyboard or a fully touch-enabled interface, including a Swype-powered onscreen keyboard. But it still features Motorola's socially minded MOTOBLUR overlay to the Android OS, which manages and integrates e-mail and social networking activity including Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace.
With MOTOBLUR, social networking updates and messaging appear right on your home screen.
The 3.1-inch touch-enabled display includes a virtual QWERTY keyboard and support for Swype keyboard input.
Powered by the Android OS, you can customize your Motorola CLIQ XT with thousands of apps available via the Android Market.
Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the CLIQ XT offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites. You'll enjoy a complete Web experience from the 3.1-inch touch-enabled display, which offers pinch and zoom capabilities (in photo gallery and Web browser). Navigation is enhanced with a front-facing, centrally-located touch pad, so it's easier and more intuitive to flick through the Web. Adobe Flash Lite enables rich media content such as banners and videos.
With integrated Google technology, the Motorola CLIQ XT brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, Gtalk, YouTube, Picasa, and contacts/calendar synchronization. CLIQ XT also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
The CLIQ XT offers GPS location services for turn-by-turn directions using Google Maps and Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and business networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Other features include a 5-megapixel camera (with flash) for still photos and video capture, Bluetooth for both hands-free communication and stereo music streaming, a digital audio player, an included 2 GB microSD memory card, and up to 7 hours of talk time.
- Powered by the Android operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market. (Learn more)
- Innovative widget-based MOTOBLUR overlay to Android automatically delivers Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and corporate and personal e-mail updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications. (Learn more)
- Update Facebook, MySpace and Twitter at once instead of opening individual apps with MOTOBLUR as well as upload your photos to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa and Photobucket.
- MOTOBLUR continuously displays your friends' latest profile pics as part of your texts, calls, e-mails and address book.
- View your friends your way: MOTOBLUR lets you view friends from A to Z, by contact history or in groups you make yourself.
- Customize your home screen with your favorite widgets and short cuts.
- Your information is continuously updated and backed up into a secure environment, so you're connected and protected even if you lose your phone.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- Built-in GPS with turn-by-turn directions provided by Google Maps and the pre-installed TeleNav GPS Navigator (subscription required after trial ends). With Google Maps, you can instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
- 3.1-inch touchscreen display (320 x 480 pixels, 262K color depth)
- Virtual onscreen QWERTY keyboard with improved input features including addition of magnifying glass to help with cursor location, ability to return to a typed word and receive spelling suggestions, and more.
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to type. (Learn more)
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with flash for sharing images online and creating high-quality prints. Features include digital zoom, multiple white balance settings and color effects, three quality choices, and editing options for both still photos and video.
- Video capture capabilities with up to 24 fps capture rate.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (2 GB card included).
- Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- FM radio
- YouTube app for streaming video over 3G and Wi-Fi connections.
- Real HTML Web browsing provides more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
- Visual Voicemail allows you to listen to your voice-mail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- Voice-activated dialing lets you call someone with simple voice commands when your hands are busy.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
The Motorola CLIQ XT weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.6 x 2.4 x 0.49 inches. Its 1400 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of talk time, and up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
Motorola CLIQ XT handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, wired stereo headset, USB cable, quick start guide
- High-speed data connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G network: In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
Activities that work well on EDGE or 3G networks:
- E-mail, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
Activities that work best on a 3G network:
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
T-Mobile's 3G network is currently available in more than 220 cities nationwide and covers more than 160 million people.
The Motorola CLIQ XT runs the Android operating system, which provides easy access to a wide assortment of messaging tools and Google apps. With Android, you're able to richly personalize the entire theme of the Motorola CLIQ with new widgets, icons and wallpapers--which can be added directly on the home screen--in order to truly make it your own.
Developed by Motorola, MOTOBLUR is an innovative solution that manages and integrates communications--from work e-mail to social networking activity--on your CLIQ XT. Updates to contacts, posts, messages, photos and more are streamed together and synced from sources including Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and work and personal e-mail. MOTOBLUR automatically delivers these updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications to keep up with the latest content.
CLIQ XT also features multitasking capabilities and one-touch access to the Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, YouTube and Picasa. Easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts is supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. Contacts and e-mail are also supported by Yahoo!, Windows Live Hotmail, and other POP3 and IMAP e-mail services. It also combines instant messaging support for Google Talk, as well as AOL, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger.
The app screen.
Access to all your messaging.
See status updates and comments.
Additionally, the Android Market hosts a wide variety of unique applications, and with the Motorola CLIQ XT's one-click access to it you can find and download a wide range of innovative software applications--from games to social networking and on-the-go shopping--to personalize your phone.
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.