Tthe Motorola CITRUS for Verizon Wireless delivers an affordable, customizable smartphone experience in a compact design that is easy on both the eyes and the earth. The 3-inch full capacitive touch screen display delivers fluid flick, swipe and pinch-to-zoom navigation. And it's quipped with Motorola's innovative BACKTRACK, a touch panel located on the back of the device that enables you to navigate and scroll through web sites, home screens, e-mails, music, and more without obstructing the display.
Powered by Android 2.1, the Motorola CITRUS for Verizon Wireless delivers an affordable, customizable smartphone experience in a compact design that is easy on both the eyes and the earth. The 3-inch full capacitive touch screen display delivers fluid flick, swipe and pinch-to-zoom navigation. And it's quipped with Motorola's innovative BACKTRACK, a touch panel located on the back of the device that enables you to navigate and scroll through web sites, home screens, e-mails, music, and more without obstructing the display.
The easy-to-customize Motorola CITRUS with the
power of Android (see larger image).
With integrated Google technology, the CITRUS brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The CITRUS also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
The CITRUS phone housing is made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled plastic, is CarbonFree Certified through an alliance with Carbonfund.org, and is both PVC and BFR free. The packaging is made from 80 percent post-consumer recycled paper.
You'll stay on course thanks to the VZ Navigator GPS turn-by-turn direction service. And with the optional Visual Voice Mail service, you'll be able to quickly and easily scroll through your messages and pick the ones you want to listen to.
Messaging is simple and easy with the virtual QWERTY keyboard featuring Swype technology, which allows you to input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard. Other features include a full HTML web browser, 3-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth stereo music, microSD memory expansion (to 32 GB), Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bing Search and Bing Maps, and up to 6.3 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV-DO, Rev A network
- GPS navigation capabilities via VZ Navigator service plus pre-installed Bing Maps and Google Maps (available via Android Market)
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 2.1) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Skype Mobile compatibility provides unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls and IM while in the U.S. to anywhere in the world. Plus, with Skype Mobile you get low rates to international land lines and cell phones (requires Skype account).
- Seven home screen panels that can be tailored with an array of available shortcuts; applications; and pre-loaded widgets such as sticky notes, weather, messages and calendar
- 3-inch capacitive touchscreen display with auto rotation and virtual keyboard
The BACKTRACK navigation pad, located to the right of the camera on the back, is similar
to a laptop touchpad.
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to type (learn more below).
- 3-megapixel fixed focus camera/camcorder with digital zoom, white balance settings, and geo tagging.
- Video capture capabilities up to 24 fps (frames per second)
- Digital media player compatible with MP3, AAC, and WMA (version 10) music formats and MPEG4, WMV (version 9) and H.264/H.263 video formats
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Rich HTML e-mail application seamlessly syncs your e-mail, calendar and contacts from Gmail as well as most other POP3 or IMAP e-mail services. The Gmail application provides features such as conversation view, spam filtering, search, and labels that Gmail users enjoy on their computer while offering new features such as integration with the phone's contact list. And it multitasks, so you can read a Web page while also downloading your e-mail in the background.
- Full HTML Web browser enables you to view more pages and enjoy better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
- Instant messaging support for Google Talk, as well as AOL, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger. It also supports advanced text messaging features, enabling you to easily flag, delete or move groups of messages and keep track of group conversations through threaded text messaging.
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Google Calendar app syncs with the Web-based version, so any event that you add to your phone will show up on the Web-based Google Calendar (and vice versa).
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- 3.5mm headset jack
- 528 MHz processor
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3/T3
The Motorola CITRUS weighs 3.88 ounces and measures 4.09 x 2.32 x 0.59 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.3 hours of talk time, and up to 300 hours (12.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV-DO, Rev 0 3G frequencies.
What's in the Box
Motorola CITRUS handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
Verizon Wireless Services
- Reliable 3G Network: With support for the EV-DO high-speed data standard, you'll enjoy fast access to the Internet and Verizon Wireless multimedia services (additional charges applicable), with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps. (Learn more about where EV-DO coverage is offered.)
- VZ Navigator Capable: With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps.
- Visual Voice Mail: This innovative service enables you to delete, reply, and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. Visual Voice Mail is the ideal tool for the busy mobile professional who may need to prioritize which messages he or she listens to first. Features include on-screen access to voice mail message status, save up to 40 messages for 40 days (or archive permanently), create up to 10 different caller ID-based greetings, and reply via call back, text or even voice mail.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.