Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Verizon Motorola Droid X WiFi 3G Camera Android Smartphone Cell Phone
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 29, 2012
I've owned my Droid X since it came out, and I simply love it. I can't imagine having a different phone. I feel it surpasses the iPhone in a few ways. For one, it has a bigger and sharper screen. If you're planning to play games, watch movies or shows, this is the phone for you. It might not seem like it's "that much" bigger, but it is and it makes a difference. The screen is sharp enough that I watch Netflix and HBO shows on my phone all the time (did I mention the WiFi is strong enough on the phone for this to be possible?). Also, a lot of people think they simply must have their music on their iPods. Once I got this phone, I sold my old iTouch. Are iPods better at handling music then the Droid X? Yes. But is it a significant upgrade? No, not at all. The music quality is the exact same, so the only difference is the interface. It's very easy to get the music from your computer onto the phone as well, simply a drag and drop process. Having owned the phone for almost a year and half, I have to say that the battery has declined over time. When I got the phone, the battery life was about 8-10 hours using it somewhat throughout the day. Now that is about 5-7 hours of heavier use. Even so, I still love this phone and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone!
1313 comments| 310 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2012
It took me a while to decide what phone to buy - did lots of research. I believe in yesterday's technology when it is still good. This is. It does everything the new phone of today do. Only issue I have - and I've reaad about it in many reviews - is the camera. It is very slow to respond. But that is not why I have it. I have a good DSLR and it doesn't bother me that the camera in my phone is not that great.
Everything else works wonderfully. Great reception....I can hear and be heard well. It finds my wireless very quickly. Lots (LOTS) of options in the settings menu. It is extremely highly customizable. There are seven (7) home pages to set up whatever you may need. I have it set up as one with my calendar, another with music/radio apps, another with oft used numbers, another with a sticky note and one with photos, one with navigation and map stuff and the last with misc apps including my Siri-like helper (works great by the way).
The battery isn't great, but it lasts all day. I am used to charging it each night. I bought a second battery so it's there if I do need it.
Get a case of some sort (even though it's a pretty device, you need to cover it) - and a screen protector. I have two different types of cases I got here on Amazon (the battery too). I also suggest you get a Bluetooth if you don't already have one - pairing is simple and fast.
But back to the Droid X - it is great. I love my phone and use it for many things all day, every day. The fact that it is larger than most other phones is nice. I can see better with the extra real estate. Carrying it is no bother if you have the right case. It will fit in your pocket - but be careful you don't break it there.
Great phone. If something happened to mine - I'd get another one.
11 comment| 178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Bought this phone to use with StraightTalk, kid "needed" a smartphone. She is very happy with it and we've had no problems so far. We've been using it for a month now.
77 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2012
Phone came right on time and was in excellent condition. This is a great option rather than being forced to upgrade or replace a damaaged phone from Verizon
on January 18, 2012
I purchased this phone 14 months ago, and still feel it was the best decision I could have made. I absolutely love the camera. The 8 megapixels means that I have clear, high quality pictures that I can use for digital scrapbooking, printing, and sharing with friends and family. I love that my video and still camera is always at my fingertips. In addition, I use this phone for hours every day to check email, text, play games, wake up in the morning, play music, listen to digital books, and find out how to get where I'm going. Oh, and sometimes I even make calls with it! It's pretty great for that too! I also like that the touch screen keyboard has good sized buttons. I rarely have typos, but have been known to have some auto-correct fails from time to time. The only thing I don't like about this phone is that I have to have two sets of music libraries, one on Amazon, and one on ITunes. Ah well, nothing is perfect.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2014
So, if you're buying this phone in 2014, it's because your iPhone fell in the sink while you were shaving and your Verizon contract isn't up for another five months. You aren't about to pay some ridiculous price for a used iPhone 4, and you're kinda curious to see if the Droid phones are any better than they used to be. So let's keep this in perspective, this is a 2010 phone with a single-core processor and 3G only.

That being said, this is a good phone 24 hours after you open the box. The big difference between Apple and Android is the fact that an iPhone is what it is, you take what they give you and live with it. A Droid phone gives you total control over everything. For some people, this is a bad thing. To get the most out of this phone, you need to spend a serious amount of time setting it up correctly and not loading it up with crap. Install the basic apps, the ones you will use daily, and ignore all the shiny things in the Google Play store. There are 500 different text messaging apps, but if you're a Verizon customer, use the Verizon Message+ app. It's not the sexiest, but it works much better than any other app.

Consider spending $15 on a new battery for this phone, the one that comes with it is crap. Don't get frustrated with the phone on day one, it takes some time to customize everything. When you're done, you have a very decent phone for $85.
on February 16, 2013
I really enjoy this phone! It worked flawlessly hook up to my TV streaming Netflex. It is an older model but runs smoothly on Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but I installed a custom ROM to enjoy the latest features of Jellybean. While it may stagger a little under Jellbean it is still very reliable and stable. The best feature however is that it runs on Page Plus (They run on Verizon but half the cost!!!!!)
on August 3, 2013
The Motorola DROID X is my first smart phone, and I really like it. I have had only minor problems with it, such as the typepad freezing up for a second, or the camera not working (due to a low battery). Both problems were resolved, and aside from that, this phone has been really reliable! Even when the display says 15% battery or less, I can still get about an hour to three hours out of it without dying. I haven't put a lot of apps on it yet, but I have used Instagram and Facebook mobile, both work well with wifi or 3G. I would definitely recommend this phone, it has been great for me!
on August 12, 2013
Great customer service but the item itself sucked! The buttons did not work to page back or go to home. I had to power off to get to another page. The volume did not even work. I could not hear calls -- only see it on the screen.
on February 14, 2013
COULDNT ASK FOR ANYTHING ANY BETTER. I WOULDNT TRADE MY PHONE FOR ANYTHING ELSE. SIZE IS GREAT. TRY IT IF U HAVENT