5.0 out of 5 stars What You Need To Know
As a Droid 2 lover (and a user of almost all the 4G Droid phones, including Thunderbolt, Charge, Bionic) I have to say this is one of the best Droid phones yet. Like many people, I cut my Smartphone teeth on a Blackberry so I've been a fan of keyboards for years - and this one is maybe the best and most PC like keyboard ever found on a mobile phone.

Here is...
Published on February 26, 2012 by ashertopia

3.0 out of 5 stars An excellent phone with 2 major flaws
This is an excellent phone with two major flaws. I switched to the Droid 4 after using the Droid x for the past 15 months. While I liked the Droid X, I find the Droid 4 to be a major improvement in many ways. The 4G is very noticeably faster than the 3G. You type in a search and you are there instantly. The screen display has also been improved. It is very sharp. I...
Published on February 15, 2012 by Lewis Shaffer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Droid 4 Is Practically Indestructible, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Motorola DROID 4 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I would like to give one metric unit of mad props to the Droid 4 by Motorola. Since I got it in September, my butter fingers have flung it across hard floors on several occasions, and a few times, it has taken a bounce off of concrete stairs. Twice, it has been knocked into the tub by the kittens. The crowning glory for the Droid 4 is this: Two days ago, I dropped it into a full bowl of tom yum soup, and it stayed submerged until I was able to ensure nobody in the restaurant saw me do it. It still works perfectly. No buckets of rice were needed; just a damp towel and a toothpick to get the pepper flakes out of the speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than pleased, November 27, 2012
The Droid 4 is my first smartphone other than several blackberries. Glad I switched for so many reasons. I've had mine since June and am still being blown away by it. I selected the Droid 4 for several reasons. First, I couldn't wait to leave AT&T and go back to Verizon. But its really the features that drew me in. I still like a qwerty keyboard (and this one is the best), I wanted 4G. I also wanted mobile hotspot. Only one phone that I could find, offered it all. This phone is amazing.

Two small negatives - Others have said the same, and they're correct. 1st is that battery life is short. Especially when the phone is new to you because you'll be exploring it constantly. I bought a battery back-up (personally, I wouldn't buy les then 2000mah)The 2nd issue is the screen lock button on the top. It has a very weak spring and it will undoubtedly find itself just barely sticking above the phone's outer case. Mine has never stopped working. In fact, it some ways I'm probably less likely to hit it accidentally now.

That's it. Over all, best choice I've ever made with a mobile phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I gave up my BLACKBERRY for this~ one of the BEST droids 5 STARS, June 10, 2012
Molly "Wazoo Books" (Goshen, IN, United States) - See all my reviews
one of the BEST droids and a Keyboard.

This latest of the droids is FAST with 4 G banking and internet is FAST. More Apps than any other phone are available for this wonderful phone. Social networking are one click away. and ONE easy slide and you can access the nice keyboard. this droid had it all. ADD a blue tooth and you have excellent sound volume and quality. Touch Screen is very responsive. What I can add that most do not think about the CAMERA. I have taken some outstanding photos with this camera that is able to take FAST photos even better than a digital camera I paid big bucks for. I can also listen to Rhampsody with my blue tooth. (NO head phone cords to listen with.)

I was a die harded Blueberry lover but when they failed to keep up with the crowd I gave this phone a try and with in 2 days was totally in awe of the features and over all performance. the SCREEN size is the best feature. the ONLY negative thing is mediocre battery life so I keep a charger in my purse and car. I added a favorite cover to add some color and bling. I give this phone 5 out of 5 for blending the wonderful keyboard to the fast features of the droid.

5.0 out of 5 stars D4 Rocks!, February 29, 2012
I was an OG droid owner who preferred/needed a physical keyboard. Well two years later and I still prefer/need a physical keyboard. A lot of reviews I read stated the D4 has the best qwerty keyboard ever for a smartphone and quite simply it does. The keyboard is sick. Everything else is bigger, better and badder coming from the OG droid phone. I've had the phone up and running for 10 days, battery life is fine, it's really fast and the lone complaint....the headphone jack location is no bueno when plugged in and using the keyboard. No biggie, just have use that new age touchscreen keyboard when it's plugged in for music. So if your looking for an upgrade or a new phone after owning the OG droid for two years now, this is the easy choice!

1.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the worst phones I've ever owned., March 13, 2014
This phone isn't even worth one star.

The Verizon Droid 4 is one of the very worst phones I've ever had the displeasure of owning or using.

Problem One: If your using an app or playing a game it overheats to the point where you can't touch it, it gets so hot literally within minutes of usage.

Problem Two: Poor battery life. I am lucky if this phones charge will last me an hour. I have to turn this thing off to get even a semi decent charge and it charges as slow as heck. If I have this phone on and my pocket or purse within an hour the battery is dead or dying because it's overheated without me even touching or using it. Or it doesn't charge at all, much like it's doing right now.

Problem Three: It's WIFI or internet signal unless I am in a 4G area is crap and I *DO* mean *CRAP*.

Problem Four: It will either charge too quickly or too slowly and then it's battery dies out too quickly as well.

Problem Five: It malfunctions, a lot. I can't tell you how many times the screen has blacked out or reset on it's own.

Problem Six: It comes with already preinstalled worthless apps taking up valuable memory space that can be used for other apps cannot be removed from the phone.

The only possible good thing that I actually like about this phone is it's keyboard and memory space, otherwise there's nothing else to like about this phone. At all. Whatsoever.

I have despised this phone ever since my old Samsung Enlighten broke and my boyfriend paid over a $100 dollars for this phone plus a additional two years onto our contract.

Do yourself a favor and do *NOT* buy this phone, because it's not worth the money you pay for it. In fact I wouldn't pay a nickel nighty eight for this worthless piece of crap phone and I'm not saying that because I have a passionate dislike/hated for the Motorola Droid type of phones either.

Every Motorola Droid phone I've ever owned I've eventually had problems with. This phone isn't worth the money or frustration it will eventually cause someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The excellent keyboard makes this phone particularly special., July 25, 2012
David M. Bargetzi (Lakewood, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
I know that there must be people out there who use their phones primarily for watching movies and that are away from electricity for long periods of time. If that is you then don't get this phone. The screen is ok: clear but there are many better ones out there. The battery life is fine if you can charge it at your desk and in your car and at night. All my phones have been like that.

The phone sound quality during calls is Great. Best I've ever experienced on a cell phone.

The browsing experience is very fast: much like the speed of a computer.

Texting and writing emails and typing in passwords, etc on this phone is a JOY. The Keyboard is wonderful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep your charger handy., November 15, 2012
Kindle-for-Android Fans: better keep a charger handy. The battery in this phone is glued and screwed in place--you can't plop in a spare battery when your charge runs low and you're not near a charger. That's why I hesitated to switch from my Droid 3 to the Droid 4. I read exclusively on my Droid, and charging isn't always convenient; with the spare battery for my Droid 3, I'm good to go wherever I am. It's much lighter to carry a spare battery than a portable charging device. If you're a Kindle-for-Android reader like I am, this is probably not the phone for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid phone with mediocre battery life, December 29, 2012
This was my first smart phone (and therefore my first droid) and overall I am very pleased with it. I chose this phone in particular due to its physical keyboard. I have never been very good at typing on a touch screen and didn't want to make the transition so I looked exclusively at phones with real keyboards. On that front this phone is excellent; I am very pleased with the size and layout of the keyboard, the back-light is also nice. I have no complaints about the call quality or dropped calls. The camera is good enough (if not better than needed) for my purposes. The 4G is very fast and Verizon's coverage is good and only getting better. I get service in most places except the countryside. The internet browser is fast and easy to use. The layout of the apps is fine but I find that I like apple's layout/organizational style to be slightly superior, but keep in mind this is a matter of taste. The build quality is excellent. I have dropped this thing many times on a variety of surfaces (before I had a case mind you) and only got a few small scratches. At this point I decided to invest in a case and now I would drop this thing off a building without fear. In terms of size this phone is a little bulky (especially with a case) but that is to be expected with a physical keyboard. The screen is large and crisp and not unpleasant for light reading and web browsing.
My experience has been positive for the most part with a few exception, the biggest being battery life. As a moderate user I find myself needing to charge it at least once a day. Navigation/maps tends to destroy battery life so if you plan on using this as a GPS replacement I highly recommend a car charge. Even using a battery saving app I find the battery life to be seriously lacking. Towards the end of the day I have to limit the apps I use to prevent total battery death. This is annoying and defeats the purpose of having all those neat apps. I find the GPS to be pretty mediocre as well. It doesn't always know your accurate location and is not great in the city with lots of closely packed streets.
All in all I would highly recommend this phone. I'll give a brief summary below.
Pros:
-physical keyboard has a good layout and is easy to use
-lots of apps
-very sturdy phone
-large screen
-4G is very fast
Cons:
-poor battery life
-GPS is mediocre
-bulky (but not annoyingly so)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Overall Phone for QWERTY Users, December 17, 2012
This is a five star phone for those looking for a phone with a physical keyboard. For those that aren't requiring a physical keyboard I'd give it 3 stars. Being that I bought it for the physical keyboard I gave it 5 stars.

Pros

- 4G, very fast
- Sturdy..... I've dropped maybe 30 times and no major impact on operations.
- Decent voice quality
- Android 4.x

Cons

- Battery life could be better. Motorola made a mistake in not putting the Droid Razr Maxx battery in it.
- A little more bulky due to having a keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Keyboard, August 16, 2012
If you are the type of person who prefers to type on an actual keyboard instead of glass this is the perfect phone for you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›