Packing a dual-core processor with each core running at 1 GHz, the sleekly designed Motorola DROID BIONIC smartphone with 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless delivers a mobile Internet experience that's up to 10 times faster than 3G. And with Motorola's innovative webtop application, you can connect to an external monitor via optional adapters or docks (including a laptop dock) to play music and videos on the big screen as well as enjoy full Firefox multi-tab browsing (learn more below).
Motorola DROID BIONIC
At a Glance:
- 4G connectivity
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.3-inch high-res qHD multi-touch display
- 16 GB memory + 16 GB microSD card
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi (with Mobile Hotspot)
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Corporate and personal e-mail
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network provides speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless' 3G network. With 4G LTE, you'll enjoy simultaneous voice and data capabilities, allowing you to check e-mail, browse the web, download an app, and check directions on Google Maps while on a call. Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company's entire 3G coverage area over the next three years (learn more about 4G below).
In addition to high-speed 4G connectivity, you can also share the built-in Mobile Hotspot via Wi-Fi among up to five devices--laptop, another phone, MP3 player, and more (additional service charge).
Running the Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS (learn more below), it's powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor and includes 1 GB of powerful PC-grade RAM, empowering you to browse, download, and multitask all at maximum speeds.
The DROID BIONIC features a brilliant 4.3-inch qHD display, which offers a rich 24-bit color depth and a 960 x 540-pixel resolution for extremely sharp images. And the screen is made of scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass with a glare-reducing coating. With the device's front-facing VGA camera and See What I See video feature, you can share experiences--either via Wi-Fi or 4G--with family, friends and co-workers. A rear-facing 8-megapixel camera also allows you to capture stunning still photos and full HD 1080p videos while on the go.
With 16 GB of onboard storage and an included 16 GB microSD card, you'll be able to keep loads of photos and videos directly on the device--and you can use optional microSD memory cards up to 32 GB for even more storage potential. Other features include GPS for navigation and location-based services, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, and up to 10.8 hours of talk time.
PC Power from Your Smartphone
Create, edit, and interact with all your documents, media, and content using Motorola's webtop application when connected to one of three optional docks. The DROID BIONIC can be used to browse your favorite web sites with a full Firefox desktop browser, view social networking sites, and use HTML5 web-based applications and supported cloud computing services while running your Android applications in a window. And calls and text messages continue uninterrupted even if the DROID BIONIC is removed from the dock.
You can choose from the Webtop Adapter (most affordable, and best for light webtop use), the HD Station dock (good for webtop use plus multimedia playback), or the Lapdock--which provides an all-in-one webtop solution with built-in monitor, keyboard, and trackpad.
| || |
The optional Motorola HD Station dock enables you connect to a big screen (via HDMI port) as well as plug in peripherals such as a keyboard or a mouse via its USB ports for a PC-like experience while using the webtop application.
The Motorola Lapdock has an incredibly thin design with an 11.6-inch screen, full keyboard, and trackpad--plus a battery that delivers up to 8 hours of power. Simply dock your DROID BIONIC into the back of the Lapdock to turn it into an active, connected machine that's lighter and smaller than most laptops on the market.
BIONIC at Play
The DROID BIONIC's multiplayer gaming capabilities allow you to challenge friends to live peer-to-peer gaming, viewed through the device's 4.3-inch qHD quality screen that delivers console-quality graphics. The integrated HDMI connectivity also enables you to connect the device to your HDTV (or HDMI-compatible monitor) to experience your games, as well as purchased HD content in full 1080p (HDMI cable sold separately).
For multitaskers, the DROID BIONIC's Mirror Mode function enables simultaneous streaming of video to the TV and on the device. You can also wirelessly stream video and audio to compatible DLNA devices.
BIONIC at Work
As a fully featured work device, the DROID BIONIC comes equipped with corporate e-mail, remote wipe and data security, and encryption capabilities that IT departments appreciate. It also features productivity tools such as Quickoffice for document review and editing, full calendar management, one-click access to conference calling, and a full suite of Google applications and services.
The Motorola DROID BIONIC weighs 5.6 ounces and measures 5 x 2.6 x 0.4 inches. Its 1735 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 10.8 hours of talk time, and up to 200 hours (8.3 days) of standby time. It runs on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, as well as EV-DO, Rev A 3G and CDMA 800/1900 frequencies where 4G LTE is not available. What's in the Box
Motorola DROID BIONIC handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, USB cable, 16 GB microSD card, quick start guide
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The DROID BIONIC runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation. Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming email and then switch back to the game without losing your place.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The DROID BIONIC also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
| || |
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network allows you to download photos, apps, and games in seconds and entire movies in minutes. LTE (or Long Term Evolution provides significantly increased upload and download speeds over 3G networks, as well as significantly reduced latency (or lag time). Verizon Wireless expects 4G LTE average data rates to be 5-12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2-5 Mbps on the uplink in real-world, loaded network environments.
With these blazing fast speeds, you'll be able to stream HD movies without the annoyance of constant pauses to buffer the video stream--as well as quickly download HD-quality movies right to your phone in minutes. Additionally, you'll be able to download a new song file in about 4 seconds or upload a photo to your favorite social networking site in about 6 seconds.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE mobile broadband network will also redefine the mobile office for business users. Business applications that used to require wired networks will be untethered forever, allowing you maximized productivity and efficiency while you're out of the confines of your office. Enhanced security lets you tap into most VPN networks with less waiting, and faster responsiveness enables you to upload 10 MB presentations back to your team in less than 25 seconds.
In areas serviced only by 3G, you can expect download speeds of 600 Kbps to 1.4 Mbps and upload speeds of 500 to 800 Kbps in Mobile Broadband coverage area.
- Ultra-fast 4G LTE connectivity via the Verizon Wireless 4G Mobile Broadband network, with expected download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- 4G Mobile Hotspot capability allows you to create a Wi-Fi hotspot using your Verizon Wireless 4G LTE connection, which can then be shared among up to 5 Wi-Fi-capable devices.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps.
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube.
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk.
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones.
- 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen display (Quarter High Definition; 960 x 540 pixels) with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- MicroUSB port
- HDMI port with 1080p HMDI Mirror Mode output to your HDTV or monitor.
- Removable battery
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 16 GB internal memory
- 16 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB RAM for improved multitasking.
- 8-megapixel camera with improved low-light performance, better contrast, and shutter lag that rivals a digital camera.
- Capture video in Full HD 1080p resolution
- Front-facing VGA camera for video chats.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV
- Access to VCAST Music and VCAST Videos
- MOTOPRINT for wireless printing over Wi-Fi.
- Citrix Receiver for remote desktop virtualization and access.
- Zumocast app for remotely accessing or streaming files from your computers to your DROID BIONIC.
- Visual Voice Mail enables you to delete, reply, and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions.
- VZW Backup Assistant automatically backs up your mobile contacts to your online address book.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.