4.0 out of 5 stars Uninspired by iPhone, returned Galaxy Nexus, happy with Razr Maxx
I thought I would upgrade to the iPhone 4S when I was eligible, but I felt blah about it. Everyone around me has an iPhone, which they love, but there were things that excited me more about with the new Android phones. I decided to go with the Galaxy Nexus because of its stellar reviews and high rankings on phone lists. I liked the screen size and resolution, and...
Published on January 31, 2012 by D. Southern

2.0 out of 5 stars Grrr, no sound!
I chose this phone because of the great reviews, but mainly because of the impressive battery life. For 6 weeks I had no problems and was very happy with this phone, until the speaker started cutting out. I looked at other complaints about this, and it did actually help to put pressure on the area just beneath the speaker on the back as suggested on other websites. Well,...
Published 23 months ago by F. Nightingale

‹ Previous | 17 8 922 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Fan, March 20, 2012
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I'm a big fan of this phone - I upgraded from a Verizon Palm Pre Plus, and man is this phone better.

Things I love:
- Super fast internet
- Google Maps navigation (I'll never be lost again!)
- Hot spot/tethering capabilities (lasts for a long time and doesn't drain the battery nearly as much as my old phone's hot spot did. The internet is really fast on your computer when you use it, too)
- Super slim phone - it has a large screen, but it doesn't seem big since it's so thin. And I like the large screen - easier to do stuff!
- Great apps - so nice to finally be welcomed into the world of apps - my old phone had basically none. I'm loving Words with Friends and being able to take a picture of my checks and deposit it with my bank, etc.
- Customizable main screens - you can move around the icons and change the background, etc.
- Pretty intuitive set up, and I love the touch screen
- Good camera - not as good as a real camera, but good for a phone. And I love that there are cool filters you can add, and that it's super easy to upload photos to Facebook or Twitter (on my old phone, I couldn't upload to Fbook, and Twitter usually froze when I tried to upload photos!)
- Easy to hear people talking during phone calls - great quality and it's louder than my old phone, which is nice.
- The ability to download documents from email or websites is REALLY useful (again, couldn't do this on my old phone)
- The screen is pretty :)

The only thing really that has taken some getting used to is the onscreen keyboard (my old phone had a pullout keyboard) - it takes me awhile to type and I make a lot of errors, but I know I just need to get used to it. I remember being really slow on my old phone at first, too! I also don't like that the phone comes preloaded with some random apps that I don't want, but not a big deal.

Would definitely recommend this phone!

---

Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Ambassadors' Program and have been provided with a wireless device and three months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product. I was NOT paid to say I like the phone - just to give it a try and share my thoughts. Clearly, I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone Verizon Offers, February 27, 2012
The battery life is amazing the battery is amazing I had to say it twice. The screen is large and very bright. 4G speeds are great. The user interface is great and is easy to navigate. My only gripe is I wish Verizon and Motorola would allow you to delete the preloaded bloatware without rooting the device. Other than that this is THE BEST phone I have ever owned...

1.0 out of 5 stars Fragile, flimsy design, prone to shattered screen, September 3, 2012
We bought 2 of Razr Maxx 4 months ago. 2nd month of usage, my phone dropped out of my pocket, fell about 2 1/2 feet and screen was shattered in multiple places. Last night my wife's phone was sitting on the charger, this morning we saw screen was shattered for no apparent reason.

This phone has structural rigidity issues. It is flimsy and built to look thin without regards for structural integrity of the phone. Any lateral force can contort the phone and put lots of strain on the LCD panel and cause it to fail/shatter.

I have owned many smart phones over the years. I even shattered iPhone 3gs screen. But that took multiple drops and 2+ years of heavy use. I feel like I've been duped by Motorola and this is poor engineering from Motorola. I have lost confidence in Motorola's ability to design high quality products that can standout against the time.

Currently it takes about $200 to fix the obvious design flaws. My suggestion to Motorola to release cheap screen replacement kits and please stop making profit on your inept phone designs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fell Off A Car And Still Works, April 9, 2012
S. Ozols (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I love this phone. I love the battery life, I love how fast it is, I love how big the screen is. (Before this I had a 1st generation Droid; I was contemplating switching to an iPhone but luckily got the Razr Maxx a week after it came out.)

What prompted me to write this review is that yesterday I accidentally left my phone on the roof of my car and started driving. It fell off when I was going about 30 mph, on a very busy road. About an hour later I realized what I'd done, circled back, and found the phone on the side of the road. IT STILL WORKS PERFECTLY. The screen is flawless. There are some scratches on the back and the camera lens is cracked -- but the cracks don't show up in pictures, the camera works, everything works. And I didn't even have a case for it.

Thank you, Motorola. I will never stop singing the praises of this phone. (Verizon is another story, but the phone itself was worth the substantial amount of money I paid for it.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone A++++, March 10, 2012
Finally a long lasting battery in a 4G phone! The phone is great by it self, awesome picture and it has a silky smooth operation. I've had this for about a month now and its just incredible. I was on a recent business trip where I had the phone on for over 10 hours with very heavy use including video, surfing, telephone calls, blue tooth, listening to music on the plane etc, and I got a kick out of watching so many people in the airports charging their phones. When I finally got home I had 50% battery life without ever touching a charger. It's hard to believe it took so long for someone to make this, and what's even harder to believe is nobody else has even come close to this battery life since it was released. Great Job Motrola!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Android Phone So Far!, February 27, 2012
I have always been a big supporter of Google and so I have been using Android. However, I was always sorely disappointed with the hardware compared to the iPhone. I had a HTC Eris, which was complete crap. Then I got the Droid X, which was more functional but still lacking. Now I have the Razr Maxx and am incredibly satisfied with this phone.

Pros:
The response time and overall speed of the phone is phenomenal compared to my last Droid X. Having 4G LTE makes the world of difference, if you are buying a smartphone today make sure it has 4G. The battery is awesome, I get over 2 days of decent usage; no wifi, streaming music over spotify, about 1hr talk time a day, texting/gchat, reading the news, etc.). The camera (still and video) is amazing, it takes fast clear pictures every time, no need to bring a camera out with me anymore.

Extra pro, it uses a SIM card. So, you can call verizon to unlock the phone and then travel over seas with it! No more need for global phones because Verizon finally caught onto SIM cards.

Cons:
It's Motorola so the updates to latest version of Android will be slow. Not having ICS is a bit of a drag. Additionally, the Motorola software on the phone is really bad compared to the stock android. I had to use launcher pro and swift key. There is no way to access the stock image gallery, you have to use Motorola's which is not nice (once some reliable ICS roms come out, I'm just gonna root it).

Overall:
I bought this over the Galaxy Nexus because of the battery. I would recommend this phone to anyone looking to upgrade.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cant believe how high this phone is rated, July 3, 2012
T. Ice (Glenwood Springs, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this phone 3 months ago. The external speaker went out 5 weeks after purchasing. Amazon sent me new phone. I've had the new phone for 6 weeks and now it wont boot up or anything. Worst phone I have ever owned. Thanks to Amazon for trying to make things right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Review - Had for almost 10 months now!, February 14, 2013
My phone has worked great for nearly 10 months now! Frozen only twice in that time. Dropped multiple times and still works like a charm. Video and pictures still work great. Super fast, Kingdom Conquest is smooth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a great phone a year later, January 31, 2013
Bought this phone on a plan renewal. The reason I went with this phone over the iPhone or Galaxy was due to the battery life. So far I am not disappointed. While my iPhone and Nexus friends are down to 20% battery life by the end of the work day, I am sitting at 80% still.

The only issue I've noticed after owning the phone for a little over a year now is that the battery is slowly starting to lose it's charge. When I first bought the phone, I went 42 hours without a single charge. I don't get that anymore. By the end of the night before I go to bed, it's at 50%. Still great battery life for a 4G phone, but I can tell the battery is starting to lose it's battery life. Not sure what the battery life will be like by the end of 2013, but so far I'm very happy with the phone.

And now it's only a penny with a plan purchase. Great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, January 15, 2013
I last had a Droid X and didn't think I'd ever love a phone as much as I loved that phone. My Razr Maxx is amazing though. My husband has an iPhone and is brand loyal to apple but even he is amazed by all the functions I have on my phone that he doesn't. I love that I can just speak into the phone to text or make lists, etc. And, the battery life on this phone is crazy! I use my phone a lot during the day and only have to recharge every other day (It's usually down to about 20 or 30% by then).

‹ Previous | 17 8 922 | Next ›