4.0 out of 5 stars Uninspired by iPhone, returned Galaxy Nexus, happy with Razr Maxx
I thought I would upgrade to the iPhone 4S when I was eligible, but I felt blah about it. Everyone around me has an iPhone, which they love, but there were things that excited me more about with the new Android phones. I decided to go with the Galaxy Nexus because of its stellar reviews and high rankings on phone lists. I liked the screen size and resolution, and...
Published on January 31, 2012 by D. Southern

2.0 out of 5 stars Grrr, no sound!
I chose this phone because of the great reviews, but mainly because of the impressive battery life. For 6 weeks I had no problems and was very happy with this phone, until the speaker started cutting out. I looked at other complaints about this, and it did actually help to put pressure on the area just beneath the speaker on the back as suggested on other websites. Well,...
Published on May 17, 2012 by F. Nightingale

‹ Previous | 18 9 1024 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone., July 18, 2014
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX 4G Android Phone, Black 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I have had the Razr Maxx for over a year now, worst phone I have ever had. When I first got this phone it already did not run the best, the picture quality is not good at all, and it is really hard to text on (keys really small). This phone freezes and crashes not only when i'm trying to play games, but also when i am trying to use google chrome and when I text. It's just not my phone that is doing this my mothers does also. It will take 5 minutes to get on google if it works. The camera lags by like 5 seconds and text messages take forever to reach your phone. Call quality is also not that great. Very staticy. Battery life barely lasts 20 hours if that. Overall worst phone. Do not purchase especially with a 2 year plan. I can not wait to get a new phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Droid Maxx Piece Of Crap, August 21, 2014
This phone absolutely sucks. Sucks. I've had it for less than 6 months and both of the cameras stopped working speakers stopped working and it wouldn't charge anymore. It became very slow and started to lag. Took it in and Verizon "fixed it" but the next day had the same problen as before. Lastly it shuts off on its own. Just today it powered off without me touching it 4 times within an hour. DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Review - Had for almost 10 months now!, February 14, 2013
My phone has worked great for nearly 10 months now! Frozen only twice in that time. Dropped multiple times and still works like a charm. Video and pictures still work great. Super fast, Kingdom Conquest is smooth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a great phone a year later, January 31, 2013
Bought this phone on a plan renewal. The reason I went with this phone over the iPhone or Galaxy was due to the battery life. So far I am not disappointed. While my iPhone and Nexus friends are down to 20% battery life by the end of the work day, I am sitting at 80% still.

The only issue I've noticed after owning the phone for a little over a year now is that the battery is slowly starting to lose it's charge. When I first bought the phone, I went 42 hours without a single charge. I don't get that anymore. By the end of the night before I go to bed, it's at 50%. Still great battery life for a 4G phone, but I can tell the battery is starting to lose it's battery life. Not sure what the battery life will be like by the end of 2013, but so far I'm very happy with the phone.

And now it's only a penny with a plan purchase. Great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, January 15, 2013
I last had a Droid X and didn't think I'd ever love a phone as much as I loved that phone. My Razr Maxx is amazing though. My husband has an iPhone and is brand loyal to apple but even he is amazed by all the functions I have on my phone that he doesn't. I love that I can just speak into the phone to text or make lists, etc. And, the battery life on this phone is crazy! I use my phone a lot during the day and only have to recharge every other day (It's usually down to about 20 or 30% by then).

5.0 out of 5 stars My new best friend, January 8, 2013
sherry denny (flagstaff, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I'm 60 years old and finally made the jump to getting a smartphone. If you have good basic computer skills you can have a great time with this phone. I've had mine for about 6 months now and at times I do indeed wonder why I waited so long to get a smartphone. I consider this phone to be very high quality and extremely durable. About 3 months after I got it, I fell while hiking. It was a hard enough fall that it cracked the screen (it was in my pocket screen out). Had the phone not been in my pocket, I probably would have a broken hip instead of a bruise. Long story short, the phone still worked! I shipped it into Motorola and they replaced the screen and sent it back within 10 days. I'm more careful now and have a good case to protect the phone. We are friends for life now. The sound quality is excellent and the camera is pretty good for snapshots. The Android apps will change your life! And let's face it, the world is moving to smartphones with or without us.

5.0 out of 5 stars No but seriously, the battery is ridiculous., October 1, 2012
MT (Hampstead, MD, United States) - See all my reviews
Like any new phone with a new OS, there's a learning curve. I've been on Android for four years, and I love it, and ICS is new to me with this phone. It's made some interesting, unexpected improvements over Gingerbread. But it's still Android, and performs as such (ie, well).

This review is basically about the battery. Which is insane.

My last phone was a Droid X running Gingerbread. Most days I didn't need to charge my phone until I went to bed at night, but I definitely needed to charge at night. Some days I'd come home from work and my battery would be just about dead (and die before I charged it at bedtime). Some days, if I was really hammering at it, I would need to charge during the day. This had become normal for me, and was only rarely a problem.

The Maxx? I mean, I use it a lot, but I can't seem to kill the battery. One night, shortly after I got it, it was down to 30 or 40 percent when I was going to bed, so I played a graphics heavy game for a while, trying to kill it. After an hour of play, I backed out of the game to check my power level-- I had barely done any damage at all. Perhaps I should have tried downloading something at the same time.

Yesterday I didn't use it much-- and I had it plugged in while I was using the navigation-- and 12 hours after leaving the house I was still at 100%. Any other phone I've had would have dropped some power in the interim, from processes and whatnot, but not this.

Why all phones can't do this yet is beyond me. But this is magical, and now I look at other people's Android powered phones that are down to 20% battery at the end of the day and mock them with my 60%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, September 30, 2012
I went from the Droid Global 2 (slide out keyboard) to the Razr Maxx after dropping my Global 2 in water for the second time. The new operating system is super smooth and has lots of little improvements, which I find to be intuitive. Given the reviews on the screen breaking, and the speakers going out, I went with warranty through Costco which includes everything (even liquid) short of losing your phone. It's $100 for 2 years, with a $25 deductible each time you break your phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Smartphone I have ever owned - Better than Galaxy Nexus!, September 28, 2012
Bought a Galaxy Nexus first but burned through a fully charged battery in less than a day (~4- hours of use) and kept dropping calls in first week of use on Verizon's usually excellent network. So turned it in and exchanged it for the Razr Maxx. What a GREAT decision. This phone holds a charge all day long (8+ hours) with heavy use. With light use while studing for an exam, I timed it and it lasted 74 HOURS before recharging! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! NO!!!!!!! That is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH! Never even heard of a smartphone lasting 2 days, let alone 3! And my previous 2 smartphones I added extended batteries to them but none lasted this long. I suspect Motorola has optimized the software with the imbedded extended battery for primo extended use. Have owned this phone for a few months now and have not regreted it at all. Love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Camera and poor Motorola Customer support, September 20, 2012
After lot of research before buying my smart phone, I finally decided to go with Razr MAXX as it has more battery life. I bought it Mar 2012, i am happy with phone over all. But if you are in market for a smart phone and Camera quality is a deal breaker for you, STOP reading further and move on to different smart phone. This thing has a terrible camera, photos come out grainy and if you are indoors forget about the photo. When i bought i knew camera wasn't great but i thought Motorola would provide a software update to provide fix it but they never did. After using it for a while and after upgrading to Android ICS my motocast app (which is provided by Motorola to access the computers you configure from phone) stopped working. I tired looking into various forums and looks like no one had solution except to reset to Factory settings... Kidding me!! After using it for 6months who the hell want to reset to factory settings and go through the hassle of restoring everything back. So i approached Motorola Customer Support, we had chain of emails back and forth trying to resolve and finally they could not resolve and closed my case stating forwarding request to advance support team and no one ever got back to me. Now i know why people love Apple. Again i love Android OS.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1024 | Next ›