Fly through the Web with the 3G-enabled Motorola DROID1 X2 from Verizon Wireless, which bumps up the speed thanks to its dual-core 1 GHz processor. And it's complemented by a 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen display, which offers a rich 24-bit color depth and a 960 x 540-pixel resolution for extremely sharp images.
Fly through the Web with the 3G-enabled Motorola DROID1 X2 from Verizon Wireless, which bumps up the speed thanks to its dual-core 1 GHz processor. And it's complemented by a 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen display, which offers a rich 24-bit color depth and a 960 x 540-pixel resolution for extremely sharp images. The sequel to the original DROID X pocket-sized home theater, the DROID X2 also includes HDMI high-definition output for HD 1080p mirroring on an external monitor or HDTV as well as HD 720p video recording capabilities.
Double your hustle with the dual-core 1GHz processor (see larger image).
Powered by the Android 2.2 operating system, the DROID X2 will be updated to Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" platform to take advantage of its more refined interface, improved multitasking, and Voice Action capabilities. It also offers support for the Adobe Flash Player 10.1, enabling you to experience rich content online without compromise.
Brilliant 4.3-inch qHD screen and support for Flash 10.1 (see larger image).
8-megapixel camera with HD 720p video capture (see larger image).
In addition to high-speed connectivity on the fast and reliable Verizon Wireless 3G network, you can also share the built-in 3G Mobile Hotspot via Wi-Fi among five devices--laptop, another phone, MP3 player, and more (additional service charge). And with Skype Mobile capabilities, you'll get unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls and IM while in the U.S. to anywhere in the world.
The large touchscreen display offers pinch-to-zoom functionality and reveals a spacious virtual keyboard, where you can type and text with ease at more than 50 words per minute with Swype using one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard.
You'll be able to link your phone's contacts to other accounts, such as Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter, and LinkedIn as well as update a unified calendar with Gmail and Corporate Exchange information. Capture still images with fantastic clarity thanks to the 8-megapixel camera, and enjoy 44 percent faster shot-to-shot times with the continuous auto-focus. You can also aggregate all of your web photo sharing sites--including Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, and Photobucket--into a single connected gallery.
Other features include Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo audio streaming, GPS turn-by-turn directions via free Google Maps with Navigation (plus optional VZ Navigator service), 8 GB internal memory plus 8 GB pre-loaded microSD memory card, access to both personal and corporate e-mail, enterprise-ready security, and up to 8 hours of talk time.
1DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.
Reliable 3G Network
With support for the EV-DO high-speed data standard, you'll enjoy fast access to the Internet and Verizon Wireless multimedia services (additional charges applicable), with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
The DROID X2 weighs 5.74 ounces and measures 5.02 x 2.58 x 0.39 inches. Its 1540 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 220 hours (9+ days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV-DO, Rev A 3G frequencies. What's in the Box
DROID X2 handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, 8 GB microSD card, quick start guide
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV-DO, Rev A network
- GPS navigation capabilities via Google Maps Navigation plus optional VZ Navigator service
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- 3G Mobile Hotspot capability allows you to create a Wi-Fi hotspot using your Verizon Wireless 3G EV-DO connection, which can then be shared among up to five Wi-Fi-capable devices.
- Skype Mobile compatibility provides unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls and IM while in the U.S. to anywhere in the world. Plus, with Skype Mobile you get low rates to international landlines and cell phones (requires Skype account).
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- DLNA capabilities enables you to share your photo albums, videos and movies wirelessly with a compatible HDTV or other DLNA device.
- Android 2.2 OS (Froyo), upgradeable to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) via over-the-air (OTA) update
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype text input for fast text entry
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones.
- 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen display (Quarter High Definition; 960 x 540 pixels) with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- MicroUSB port
- HDMI port
- Removable battery
- 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash, continuous auto focus, touch-to-focus, face recognition, panoramic modes, and more.
- Capture video in high-definition HD 720p resolution (30 fps)
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV
- HDMI video output with Mirror Mode allows you to view and share your photos, videos and downloaded movies on a larger TV via HDMI output
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- FM radio
- Dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- 8 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 8 GB included microSD card
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Hearing aid compatibility: M4, T3
- TTY compatible
- Bilingual interface (English, Spanish)
Android Operating System
The DROID X2 runs the Android operating system--version OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the DROID X2 brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The DROID X2 also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the right, the word "mind" was generated from tracing the path shown above in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
Verizon Wireless Services Visual Voice Mail
This innovative service enables you to delete, reply, and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. Visual Voice Mail is the ideal tool for the busy mobile professional who may need to prioritize which messages he or she listens to first. Features include on-screen access to voice mail message status, save up to 40 messages for 40 days (or archive permanently), create up to 10 different caller ID-based greetings, and reply via call back, text or even voice mail. VZ Navigator Capable
With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps. V CAST Video on Demand
This optional service enables you to watch full-length TV shows plus news, sports, weather, and live entertainment video clips. It features more than 100 full-length programs from leading broadcast and cable networks, ranging from highly-rated drama and comedy series to reality programs and children's programming. V CAST Video on Demand also delivers live sporting events, including live NHL hockey games golf, tennis, and horse racing.
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA): A wide array of events can trigger an alert, including a weather emergency, civil danger, local area emergency, child abduction and fire. Users of WEA will receive a free message to inform them of any local events or weather that could threaten their safety.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.