- Size (LWH): 2.4 inches, 4.55 inches, 0.61 inches
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
Powered by the Android OS, you can customize your Motorola DEVOUR with thousands of apps available via the Android Market.
With integrated Google technology, the Motorola DEVOUR brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The DEVOUR also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
The DEVOUR comes with an 8 GB microSD memory card pre-installed, and it's compatible with optional additional cards up to 16 GB in size. In addition to fast 3G connectivity, this mobile phone also offers Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for access to home and corporate networks as well as hotspots on the go. Other features include a 3-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for both hands-free communication and stereo music streaming, full HTML Web browser (with Adobe Flash Lite), and up to 5.67 hours of talk time.
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 1.6, Donut) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market. (Learn more)
- Innovative widget-based MOTOBLUR overlay to Android automatically delivers Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and work and personal e-mail updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications. (Learn more)
- Update Facebook, MySpace and Twitter at once instead of opening individual apps as well as upload your photos to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa and Photobucket.
- MOTOBLUR continuously displays your friends' latest profile pics as part of your texts, calls, e-mails and address book.
- View your friends your way: MOTOBLUR lets you view friends from A to Z, by contact history or in groups you make yourself.
- Customize your home screen with your favorite widgets and short cuts
- Your information is continuously updated and backed up into a secure environment, so you're connected and protected even if you lose your phone.
With MOTOBLUR, updates from Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter as well as e-mail are automatically delivered to the home screen and fed into easy-to-manage streams (see larger image).
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV-DO, Rev A network
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- GPS navigation capabilities via VZ Navigator service
- 3.1-inch capacitive touchscreen display (320 x 480 pixels, 65K colors)
- Slide out the full QWERTY keyboard for effortless and accurate typing.
- 3-megapixel camera with video capture and easy uploading of videos to YouTube,
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock. (Profiles supported: A2DP, HID, HSP, HFP, AVRCP and GAP)
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB (8 GB card included).
- Text, picture and video messaging with threaded messaging display
- Push e-mail via Google and Exchange with support for IMAP and POP, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail
- Google and corporate calendar (supports Exchange 2003 and 2007 protocols)
- Back-up and security: Contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations, e-mail and social network messages are backed up automatically on the secure MOTOBLUR portal. The portal also allows you to use the phone's fully integrated aGPS to help locate the phone if misplaced. Remote wipe easily clears information from a lost device.
- Full HTML web browsing
- Speakerphone and advanced speech recognition capabilities
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Hearing aid compatibility: M4 T4
- Bilingual interface: English/Español
The Motorola DEVOUR weighs 6.35 ounces and measures 2.4 x 4.55 x 0.61 inches. Its 1400 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.67 hours (340 minutes) of talk time, and up to 440 hours (18.3 days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV–DO, Rev A 3G frequencies.
What's in the Box
Motorola DEVOUR handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 8 GB microSD card, quick start guide, user manual
- Reliable 3G Network: With support for the EV-DO high-speed data standard, you'll enjoy fast access to the Internet and Verizon Wireless multimedia services (additional charges applicable), with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps. (Learn more about where EV-DO coverage is offered.)
- VZ Navigator Capable: With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps.
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody: Access this exclusive digital music service for RealNetworks and for MTV Networks, which delivers unlimited monthly access to music on up to three Rhapsody-compatible mobile phones and players and online on multiple PCs and Web browsers. For a monthly fee (billed on your Verizon Wireless bill), you can load and reload your subscription songs from your PC to your V CAST Music with Rhapsody phone as often as you want, and take your music on the go.
On PCs running the Windows XP or higher operating system, you can also browse, preview, and purchase music using the V CAST Music with Rhapsody software, which is available as a free download from the V CAST Music with Rhapsody download website. Additional subscription charges applicable.
- Visual Voice Mail: This innovative service enables you to delete, reply, and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. Visual Voice Mail is the ideal tool for the busy mobile professional who may need to prioritize which messages he or she listens to first. Features include on-screen access to voice mail message status, save up to 40 messages for 40 days (or archive permanently), create up to 10 different caller ID-based greetings, and reply via call back, text or even voice mail.
Developed by Motorola, MOTOBLUR is an innovative solution that manages and integrates communications--from work e-mail to social networking activity--on your DEVOUR. Updates to contacts, posts, messages, photos and more are streamed together and synced from sources including Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and work and personal e-mail. MOTOBLUR automatically delivers these updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications to keep up with the latest content.
The DEVOUR also features multitasking capabilities and one-touch access to the Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, YouTube and Picasa. Easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts is supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. e-mail and contacts are also supported by Yahoo!, Windows Live Hotmail, and other POP3 and IMAP e-mail services. It also combines instant messaging support for Google Talk, as well as AOL, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger.
Additionally, the Android Market hosts a wide variety of unique applications, and with the Motorola DEVOUR's one-click access to it you can find and download a wide range of innovative software applications--from games to social networking and on-the-go shopping--to personalize your phone. Here's a sampling of just some of the available applications:
- Sherpa, created by Geodelic, learns a person's likes and dislikes through behavior and user feedback, prioritizing recommended retailers, restaurants and attractions. Sherpa features a learning machine that automatically customizes itself to the user's preferences.
- imeem Mobile streams music customized to your tastes, recommending new songs and artists based on which songs you identify as your favorites.
- WorldTour puts live webcams from around the world onto your home screen.
- Phonebook offers an upgraded, more personalized phonebook for Android.
- FreshFace is a theme engine to further customize your phone.
- Movies by Flixster takes the aspect of movie reviews to the next level. Through integration with Facebook, you can find friends who also want to see that movie or read reviews from friends who have already seen it.
Top Customer Reviews
I have had this phone a week now and keep finding more bonkers features. When you are using the slide-out keypad to enter letters (in a status update or a text message), if you hold the button down you can access special characters related to that letter (vowels with umlauts and accents and such).Read more ›
All in all, it's a very tough, yet attractive phone. The rubberized grips on the back and sides look great against the brushed aluminum. Definitely give this phone a look if you dig the design.
This is probably the biggest mistake I've ever made when buying a phone. First of all, the phone regularly crashes or locks up, requiring the battery to be pulled. One at least three separate occasions, the phone has refused to reboot for days, even while plugged into the charger. On the first of these instances, I took it back to Verizon and they proceeded to lecture me about how a phone won't work if it's not charged. Apparently they missed the description of how it wouldn't work when plugged in. They tested it and said it was a battery issue and ordered me a new battery, saying that should fix the issues. However, this was back in May, and I still have not received the battery. A recent call to Verizon revealed the phone was still on backorder and I was told they have no idea when or if they will come back in stock.
Also, this phone has a lot of issues with proximity sensor. I often find my ear or cheek hanging up phone calls, or launching apps while I'm trying to talk to someone. The issues seem to get even worse if you put a screen protector on them. I have since had my Invisi-shield removed and the issues have slightly improved though they are still a constant annoyance.
This phone also seems to suffer from the "iPhone Death Grip" issue. I have to be careful how I hold it, or it looses signal strength and drops calls.Read more ›
It's solid body, screen resolution and seamless interface with social networking are phenomenal! The keyboard on this phone is hands down better than any I've used in the past.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I tried to open the android, where it said battery. I am unable to shut the opening back tight. Please advise. Read morePublished on November 23, 2012 by phil
I have owned a number of cell phones mostly Samsung Motorola and Blackberry so far I prefer Motorola only because they offer a solid feel to some of their cell phones the Devour... Read morePublished on March 26, 2012 by Linda A. DAgosta
Loved the phone, had it for almost 2 years with almost no problems. Only gripe is that there was no upgrade for it. Oh well, works great, great signal, ok battery, tough phone.Published on July 25, 2011 by gvsugod
I've owned this phone for about 9 months now and I really like it. I do have issues with my cheek occassionally hanging up the phone, which is annoying but not a deal breaker. Read morePublished on April 2, 2011 by Val
I bought this phone from Best Buy and, besides being too heavy, with annoying details, it began working badly four months later. Read morePublished on December 28, 2010 by huarique
As far as features go, this phone is excellent. The Android operating system is wonderful--it allows the user tons of flexibility and a huge range of apps. Read morePublished on November 19, 2010 by M. Lapin
The products functionality was ok when it was working. once the device stopped working then i had to deal with Motorola's horrible customer service and warranty repair services. Read morePublished on November 5, 2010 by drstina
I bought this phone for my wife, and I'm surprised she didn't smash it with a hammer. This phone sucks in so many ways; it hangs up on people, it's very heavy, the camera doesn't... Read morePublished on October 17, 2010 by Gunner Carvo