5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dock Easy to Plug in
Published on March 10, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great - with uncased phone...
Published on May 11, 2012 by BobCav

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dock Easy to Plug in, March 10, 2012
This review is from: Motorola HD Dock for DROID RAZR MAXX - Non-Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This a great dock. I keep my Razr plugged into it all the time when home. When your phone is plugged into the dock you have choices for how you would like to use your phone while craddled in the dock. An Office mode for optimizing calling and more, a Bedside mode for nightime acts as alarm clock and more, a My Music mode for playing music, a Charge Only mode that lets you use your apps like normal also. I play music in the Bedtime mode. The phone charges no matter what mode you choose, so my phone is never dead when I leave the house! I do not have any problem docking my phone as described in other review. On the back of the dock you have a speaker jack, an HDMI jack out to play video on your TV and a micro USB power input. I have a pair of Creative speakers plugged into the back of the dock and listen to streaming music via the Tune-in Pro android app. I play music stored on my computer using the handy MotoCast app.(my mac is in another room). If I were to buy one accessory for the Motorola Razr this would be the one. Just buy this dock, it will not disappoint as the phone's features are utilized. By the way I never have to look for my phone, I always know where it is at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good News: RAZR MAXX fits! Take off smoke color plastic plate cover!, May 8, 2012
Dear Friends and lovers of the Razr/Razr Maxx: I spent 25 minutes with motorola support in order to dicsover how to take the adapter plate off the front. The plate is actually an adapter that accomodates the thinner razr, but when removed makes it possible to plug in the MAXX, so thats the good news! I believe if you remove the plastic cover not only it will let you place the maxx in the dock, but also put the forst razr (not maxx) in the dock with it's protective case on. Here is how to remove the translucent smoke colored plastic cover: Hold the dock in your hands with it facing away from you. Put your left thumb in the upper left corner of the top of the dock and press until the cover pops off. I did not want to do this without a tech on the phone telling me how, because it felt like it would break. It popped off and he said "I heard that, you did it!" Now my maxx is charging like it should!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dock., March 22, 2012
We have a tv in our bedroom, so I got a 25' hdmi cable, strung it up , and hooked it into the dock ( had to get a standard-hdmi-to-micro-hdmi converter).

Once connected, the phone will detect the hdmi connection and offer webtop and mirrored display as dock options. Either allows you to watch video apps like netflix and hulu+ in high-def ( inasmuch as these apps broadcast in high definition ).

You can override the hdmi out by using the optional standard audio jack in the back of the dock. (Based on what I see in the car-dock, I suspect that audio-over-usb is now supported for these phones). This is handy, because when I used to dock my old droid1, I'd have to take the second step of plugging in the audio jack to the phone to direct sound to external speakers.

One thing that I'm not entirely ecstatic about is more to do with the positioning of the hdmi and usb ports; since they are on the top of the phone, they are on the "side" when the phone is docked horizontally. This means you have to slide the phone into place from the side. However when you undock it, you have to push from the left side with reasonable force to undock both ports, and you run the risk of having your phone skid off a bit. Not a huge issue, and I think I'll get used to it. This restriction also makes the dock a bit more bulky (the big "lump" on the side ). I was going to dock a star for this ( pun unintended), but when I consider the more positive aspects of the dock, plus the fact that there probably were very few effective alternatives, I'll leave the star alone.
I see one other reviewer had problems with the dock alignment; I had no such problem and can't comment on that case.
All in all, happy I got this dock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, March 16, 2012
Works without issues... I believe the previous review didn't switch the back plate from the Razr to the Razr max plate. I had no issues

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great - with uncased phone..., May 11, 2012
The dock works great as designed and described with one exception. It will NOT fit anything other than a naked phone and certainly not with an Otterbox Commuter case. So I'm stuck either 1) taking the Razr MAXX out of the case each night and recasing in the morning (which is a tight fit to begin with), 2) not use the dock I paid for or 3) physically altering the case. If the raised rectangular area the back of the phone rests against (with the Motorola "M") was completely flat, it would fit the cased phone perfectly. Perhaps Motorola should have made it FLAT with different size adapters for different case thicknesses or no case at all. Time to write Motorola.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, May 10, 2012
This is the first phone I've ever owned that had a docking station made for it, so I was chomping at the bit to get my hands on this. It does exactly what it's supposed to. I use it as my bedside alarm clock, and when I travel it packs up nice and neat. I have one for my home and travel, and one on my desk at work. I wish the dock came with it's own HDMI cord, because I had a hard time finding converters and cables long enough to suit my purposes, but that's on me. The dock preforms flawlessly and I am nothing but pleased with both the equipment and the company that provided it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 12, 2012
This thing is nice. I use it to browse the Web with my razr maxx via the webtop app. Charges my phone and turns it into a bedside alarm clock at night. You can also use the charge cord seperately for use as a second/travel charger. You can also insert a 3.5mm aux chord for speakers and such. The Maxx adapter works perfectly and the phone sits snug and safe. Would definitely recommend getting this accessory.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on Arrival, May 28, 2012
I was very excited about my new RAZR MAXX and this item to go with it. The Docking station worked fine for 24 hours then just stopped working. I ordered a replacement and it didn't work at all. I confirmed with the Verizon store that there are no settings so I did nothing wrong. It should just work. It is interesting that the Motorola site doesn't sell these anymore and the price has come down a lot in the last month. I'm jealous of those for who/whom (can never get that right) this works. I wanted it to work. Hopefully the ones I returned don't get sent to anyone but it is a safe risk (per below).

Mega bonus points to Amazon! It was easy to return both of them and they quickly refunded my money. I continue to buy more and more things on Amazon for this reason. I had never tried to return something until now so it was a very nice experience.

3.0 out of 5 stars misleading description, December 18, 2013
The description did not say that it did not come with the power cord. It did not say that it did either, but normally the assumption is that when you purchase an item that requires power, it comes with the power source.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Device, June 28, 2012
After I plugged my phone into the dock I noticed that my phone was not charging. It also didn't charge on any other USB wall plugs or pcs. I looked at the dock and noticed that that USB plug off of the dock was slightly crooked, and my phone no longer fit into the dock.

Update: I "reset" my phone via Motorola support and my phone is now charging again. But the phone does not fit into the dock.