Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on February 3, 2012
This phone has good reception, not as good as the Motorola W376g - the reception champion, but close. It has clear sound quality and good volume, too. It is a feature-rich "dumb" phone, but overall the phone isn't very intuitive. I'm still having problems with the audio features. Somehow, it's lost 3 purchased ringtones, and the media player has trouble finding the music files. I have to work step-by-step with the detailed instructions from Tracfone, and the media player STILL can't find the music files more than once before it loses them again. Aggravating, since I chose this to have a MP3 along with the phone. One thing I absolutely HATE is that, when texts come through, the caller ID function does not work until AFTER I accept/pay for the text, making it impossible to avoid the illegal text ads that try to scam people. Conversely, I LOVE the blacklist function, which enables me to add specific numbers to a block/reject list so that those numbers can't get through again, at least until they change their number. I've called Tracfone about the lacking caller ID, because it's failure to ID texts before payment seems defective to me, but they've said this is unchangeable for this phone. I think it's false advertising on their part - they claimed the phone had caller ID, and texts weren't disclaimed. It costs me money every time these scammers change their phone numbers and start texting again. I was having a similar problem with messages left on voice mail. Since this couldn't be corrected, I had Tracfone reset voicemail, then didn't set it up, which leaves it inactive. Tracfone also changed the phone number to reduce the receipt of illegal ad texts, but they still happen.

Overall, as a basic phone I'm satisfied with call reception, sound quality and volume. The screen is nice and stylus helpful. The rubberized feel of the sides and back are also great - much less likelihood of dropping it. The camera works and takes decent pictures. The couple of times I used the internet, it worked, but was slow. Functions other than basic phone aren't intuitive and some are problematic, such as the MP3. The lapses in caller ID are not acceptable for me. This is the most expensive Tracfone I've ever purchased-it should not be so problematic. Tracfone was unwilling to exchange as defective, but also unable to fix the problems. If it had an MP3, I'd almost go back to the W376g.
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2012
So far I like my new phone. But dealing with the babble talking foreigners who are supposed to accomplish the transfer is a real pain in the rear.

For some reason they kept on saying that the SIM card in my new phone doesn't match the serial number of my new phone. I was given instructions by 3 different support technicians, all who talked with some foreign mumble accent. I simply could not understand them much of the time.

I started getting the phone number transferred to my new phone about 4:30pm yesterday and finally after several calls and waiting hours to see if my new phone was activated they finally figured out what was wrong and corrected it. And I had a working phone about 10:00am this morning.

I would rather pay a little more for the phone if they would hire English speaking Americans for their technical support.

Greedy friggin companies saving money by hiring foreigners who do not understand the English language. %$@##! :(
44 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2012
I love this phone.
Very easy to use and it has a lot of great features.
I also like having the triple minutes with this phone.
The Motorola EX124G has great reception, a nice camera and video recorder.
I would recommend this phone to anyone.
Best TracFone I ever had !
on March 9, 2013
I purchased the Motorola EX124G last week off of the Tracfone website. The only one they had was a reconditioned model. After talking to a Tracfone tech and his supervisor I was assured that the reconditioned phone would be triple minutes for life like a new one which is currently unavailable. Today I activated the phone and after spending 56 minutes on the phone with another Tracfone tech I was told that I would have to buy another phone to have that option. I could send back the Motorola for credit, but I would have to eat the shipping charges each way. I have had good service with Tracfone before this, but it bothers me that their people would give false information just to make a sale.
on February 28, 2012
I have been with Tracfone for about 8 years now. I have have a lot of trouble with them in the past, however, I don't know what they did but the service was so good for this Motorola ex124g that I went and bought another one
for my wife. The phone is wonderful and very easy to use and Tracfone has improved leaps and bounds.If you are with tracfone now, get this Motorola 124g and I hope you have as good of luck as I have had with the phone and the service provider. I have many friends with other providers and they all tell me that mine works better in fringe area's than their phones do with the $100 per month contracts.
on June 24, 2015
Be sure to verify that this is a triple-minutes phone, before purchasing. A lot of sellers do not know what triple-minutes means, and list non-triple-minutes (e.g., reconditioned) EX124g phones, as well as Net10 EX124g phones.

That being said, the phone itself is excellent. The sound player allows scrolling, and play a good-quality sound, the camera is the highest non-smartphones go, it is possible to check POP3/IMAP e-mail using airtime, SMS messages cost .3 of a minute (lowest for any TracFone).

One con is, it does not support 256-bit encryption. And with the new security standards (as of late 2015), it is now difficult to find a provider that still allows 128-bit encryption. Yandex and inbox.com are two that do.
on February 29, 2012
Do not buy this thinking it is an Iphone or android equivalent. It is a "dumb" phone as some people call it but it has a decent interface. The screen is an old technology touch screen. It has a plastic screen that is pressure sensitive and not a glass screen like the apple devises. It has a good 3mp camera that can take wonderful pics (better than and ipod touch 4th gen).

I went on a day hike up Highrock Lookout in Washington and forgot my digital camera and just took pics with this phone and they turned out beautiful. Not as good as my 10mp digital camera but it is just a phone.

If you want a custom ring tone I recommend getting the microSD card and putting on it the mp3's midi's or whatever it can use. I downloaded from Tracfone a ringtone once and was disappointed with it and how many minutes it took to do it. I have used my microSD card to put ringtones on it but I forget how it was done. I actually just prefer a standard "ring". I have put a few java games on it by using the microSD card too, and you can find games to download online for free.

As a whole... It is a capable phone that, with Tracfone's service, will not cost you an arm or a leg. It is the best phone Tracfone has and I highly recommend it. If you want a better phone then you can do boost mobile (45 per month) or sign a contract (45+ per month and $375 etf), your option.

If your new to tracfone I would recommend buying a cheap $10 phone from your grocery store and try the service first. I did and I will never go back the the company that "Never stops working for you" (that is... until 6pm)
on February 21, 2012
Was happy to get this sooner than thought but when i did the sim card wouldnt work so in the mean time i lost service from my old phone they say for 5 days until they send me a new sim card.
I wish i would have stuck with my reg phone service.
on October 13, 2014
Great phone and is economical to use with Tracfone --- triple minute feature is great. Only problem is I damaged the recharge socket with a plug which was not compatible. I now need to charge the battery with my wife's phone.
on January 7, 2014
Decent phone as long as you're not looking for a smartphone!

PROS:
Size and weight - Nice and light, but not so much so that it feels flimsy
Talk quality - I liked the talk quality
Functionality - Once you figure out the gist of the phone, it works pretty well! After all, it still works like a phone, which is the least you can ask for...

CONS:
Layout - Unfortunately, the layout of the phone isn't really that intuitive... I found the menus somewhat odd to navigate, and I REALLY don't like the way the contacts are set up. My last phone was the Samsung with the slide-out keyboard (also a Tracfone), and it was really easy to add contacts and call the contacts straight from the contact menu by hitting the main button. Instead, hitting the main button on the Motorola takes you straight to the editing menu instead of calling the contact. Not necessarily a huge deal, but one of my pet peeves is when my electronics aren't intuitive.

Touchscreen - On a scale of 1-5 the responsiveness of the screen is about 3, unless you use the stylus, which takes it up to about 4. It's probably something I'll get used to, but it makes writing messages in particular somewhat slow and annoying.

I haven't used all of the features yet, but those are my biggest complaints. Overall though, it's not a bad phone - just don't be expecting $100 quality (If I bought it again and had a choice, I probably wouldn't pay more than $50 for it). Also really liked the seller, High Gear Hog - the phone shipped really quickly given the weekend timing (I ordered it Friday night and got it Monday afternoon). They were also great about answering my questions - I had asked about the charger cable (which comes with the phone) before I bought it, and they responded to my question within an hour, if I'm not mistaken. Definitely would recommend them.