5.0 out of 5 stars Loves touch screen
I had this new cell phone for about two weeks. I'm someone who practically hates to press the same button just to get that letter in order to text or spell something out. This phone, it's quicker to do when you use the phone's pen. It takes a while to get your finger or thumb to use the phone by touching it.

The phone has fast internet services and surely don't...
Published on September 14, 2011 by Betty010

3.0 out of 5 stars Motorola EX124G
Published on October 12, 2011 by Dr. M

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Motorola EX124G, October 12, 2011
This review is from: Motorola EX124G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought this phone direct from TracFone with triple minutes for life for $79. The phone is the same for TracFone and Net10, except for the minutes pay plan. I had it about three weeks before I sent it back for a refund. TracFone/Net10 only has two touchscreen phones -- the Motorola EX124G at $79, and the LG 800G at $49. I have evaluated both phones at the same time. In the end, I chose the LG 800G over the Moto EX124G because for my purposes it was a much better value.

PROS:
Music Player - Excellent sound (with high quality earphones), especially with the REVERB setting switched on

FM Radio - You must use a wire headset (wire acts as antenna), nine station presets, search and scan, good reception.

Camera - 3MP resolution

Video Recorder/Player -

Voice Recorder -

External Memory - 32GB microSD (not included)- one heck of lot of memory potential

Accelerometer/Position Sensors - A great feature, but unfortunately, there are no Java apps that take advantage of it, and even all the native features do not take advantage of the position sensor (landscape or profile).

Screen Size - 400 x 200 pixel resolution.

Alarm Clock - 5 separate alarms can be set at varying schedules

Stop Watch - Timer and laps

Bluetooth - Audio for earphones, phone to phone contact and file transfer, and PC to phone file transfer.

Call Reject - Rejected calls are shunted to voice mail.

Black List - Very handy option allows individual phone numbers to be completely rejected.

Task Pad -

User Manual - Nice 70-page manual comes with this phone, which is unusual for TracFone/Net10 phones

Manufacturer Support - This model listed on Motorola's web site, which is unusual for TracFone/Net10 models.

CONS:
The following cons are listed because a less expensive model (the LG 800G) has them, making a stark contrast to the EX124G costing almost twice as much.

No Included Games - this may be because there are no Java games that utilize the accelerometer and position sensors. Unlike the higher-end Android market with hundreds of thousands of apps and games, the lower-end Java market is scarcely populated.

No Memo Pad -

No Scientific Calculator - Only a simple arithmetic calculator is included

No World Clock -

No Units Converter - just a very simple currency converter

Clunky Interface - this is subjective, but the LG 800G at half the price has a very well integrated and smooth user interface, and the EX 124G does not. If you have never used the LG 800G, then you probably won't notice.

No WiFi - No cellphone in this price range has WiFi

No GPS - No cellphone in this price range has GPS

5.0 out of 5 stars Loves touch screen, September 14, 2011

The phone has fast internet services and surely don't waste your time. As long you got good server bars, the internet is faster.

Not only that, I have hearing aids. Those who do wear hearing aids and they are one of programmable hearing aids. I suggest you should buy Phonak iCom which it makes easier to listen with your cell phone wisely. The bluetooth is making at work! :D I managed to get my cell phone to connect to both iCom and my laptop that contains bluetooth.

The memory is short if you're taking pictures or videoing. So, be sure to by a memory chip so you'd have more to store automatically.

The phone is simple, easy to use, and useful. I am able to follow up schedules, putting information so I wouldn't forget anything, and the phone is more optional.

I'd definitely recommend it to those who hates texting forever when you can text faster.

If you have any question, let me know. I intend to have my phone on me 24/7 and learn very quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TracFone For Ease Of Use and Great Style, February 11, 2012
I bought this directly from TracFone for $79.00. Tracfone is stocking them again. The site says - while they last. I love this phone. I have had three makes and styles of TracFones over the years (an older type Nokia, an inexpensive Samsung and now this impressive looking Motorola EX124G.) This is, by far, the easiest phone to use. For me, the ease of use, is well worth the price. I love having everything just a touch away. For the first time, I can actually find all features on my TracFone, easily. It, also, has the bonus of looking very stylish. So far, I am extremely happy with my purchase. However, keep in mind, this is a TracFone. It is not an iphone, so don't expect it to act like one.

1.0 out of 5 stars AAA Members Beware, March 15, 2012
I would have ranked it higher, except for one BIG problem. One of the reasons to carry a cell phone is for emergencies. The other day, my motorcycle broke down and I had to call AAA for a tow. Unfortunately, their automated response system wasn't recognized by my phone so it never switched from CALLING to ACTIVE CALL. Therefore, I was unable to respond to the input requests via the keypad or speak the menu choices. Luckily I was able to contact my wife and she called in my roadside service request.

I spent about 30 minutes with Tracfone trying to get this resolved, and the result is they are sending me a new phone. I am not confident that will solve my problem, since the phone does recognize the Milwaukee Transit System busline automated response system. So the problem must be AAA's method of signaling a connection, or this phone isn't programmed correctly to identify AAA's type of system. A coworker has an Android Motorola phone, and her's shows keypad and other menu options while calling that allowed her to input choices on AAA's system.

I mailed a letter to AAA pointing out this problem, and I have a support message submitted with Motorola to let them know this happened.

Update: 3/23/2012: Replacement phone arrived, but it still has the same connection problem. If you are a AAA member, avoid this phone. I spent another 20 minutes with Tracfone's support, and despite an attempt to correct the problem they basically said there was nothing they could do. I will likely port my number to another Tracfone I already have. I will keep the Motorola and port my landline from AT&T over to it. I've got to get some value out of it, as I've owned it for only 6 months.

For a video showing the problem, go to youtube and search on motorola ex124g and sort on download date.

Update: 3/27/2012: I got a call from AAA in response to my letter. I explained the problem to the rep, but they had no solution. Said they'd pass this incident report on to their tech guys. Funny thing is they used to offer phones and plans and the vendor was Tracfone. How ironic is that!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, July 7, 2013
I got the tracfone version of this phone a couple years, purchased directly from tracfone. (I didn't realize I could have bought a tracfone-compatible phone, complete with triple minutes, from amazon for a much better price.) This phone was a problem from the start. Sometimes calls didn't get through, and very often the person on the other end couldn't hear me--as if the phone were on hold. I never had these problems with a couple different previous phones I had on the tracfone service. I find everything about the interface on this phone to be clumsy. Web browsing and gmail are hopelessly slow and cumbersome to access, although I don't know whether a different phone would work better on the tracfone web connection. My wife got an identical phone when I did, and she also experiences the same problem with the person on the other end not being able to hear. So it was 2 losers out of 2 purchased. Finally, today, I decided I'd had enough and ordered an LG 840G phone, and I'll get another one for my wife if mine works out OK.

2.0 out of 5 stars This tracfone has a radio feature but it doesn't work., December 11, 2011
The sound is good, incoming and outgoing. It touch screen responds quickly.

The radio won't pick up most of the stations. NPR sounds awful and is what I listen to most. I tried three different earphones (which act as antennas) but the reception is very, very poor.

Has no notepad.

Can't transfer the contacts to a new phone, can't transfer the contacts to the memory card. Contacts have to be transferred manually.

The browser icon is easy to activate and you can end up wasting minutes from the time you realize you touched it to the time you cancel it, it will charge you.

You can download ringtones (about $2.00 per ringtone) but then u can't link them to any of your contacts. . . wasted money.

Has an AB repeater feature that I don't know what it is for. I called the help line and they didn't know either.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!!, September 26, 2011
I love this phone!! I just got it last week and so far it has been great. The touch screen works instant and I don't have to press the screen more than once to get to where I need to go. The Pen is cool but honestly it works just as well to use your finger. I was kinda scared at first to buy a touchscreen because I didn't know if it would be too slow or not but I am so happy I got this phone! It is fast to open and view texts and to send them. The phone is cool and sleek totally worth it!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars the stylus broke !!, April 26, 2013
After using the phone for two weeks, the plastic top of the stylus fell off. Now the stylus is stuck inside the phone. You cannot buy a replacement stylus ANYWHERE, including from Motorola.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT REALLY SMART, November 16, 2011
Ed Kemp (Henderson Harbor, NY) - See all my reviews
I am in the process of returning this phone to Tracfone and I do not recommend it to anyone because it chews up minutes. Specifically because of where the Browser button is located, you have a tendency to hit the button while you are navigating screens frequently. Even if you hit cancel immediately, the phone still charges a half a minute connect fee. I went through 20 minutes in no time just learning my way around the phone.

Other things to be aware of: there are no games with this phone, you can only use limited number of older JAVA based apps. There is no actual GPS app.

The phone is now marketed with TRIPLE MINUTES FOR LIFE so do not buy it if it says Double Minutes. As always, I recommend you purchase your Tracfone's directly from them on-line for best warranty service. There are many promotional codes when you are buying minutes. Always check for them. [..]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone i love it, May 17, 2013
I recently bought this phone and i love it because it gets service almost anywhere and it is faster than most phones i had.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›