4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic phone system
Published on August 27, 2011 by Michelle Dunn

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Average
I'm really happy that we took time with these phones and didn't write the review as soon as we tried them out. Little things that I wouldn't have considered before are now becoming evident with use.

Things I like:
* An answering machine feature
* The phones were easy to install.
* Each phone allows for 5 different redial numbers...
Published on January 24, 2012 by tweezle

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Average, January 24, 2012

Things I like:
* An answering machine feature
* The phones were easy to install.
* Each phone allows for 5 different redial numbers.

Things I don't like:
* The phones are designed with no curve to contour to your face. They are flat and straight as a board This can make it annoying to use as one can accidentally hit a button (usually the intercom button) and then blocks out the person you are talking to until you turn it off.
* Since the buttons are multi-functional they can be difficult to find depending on the function you are using, so you really NEED the book to learn how to use the phones. These buttons are not self-explanatory.
* Depending on how the phone is positioned on your ear, one can have difficulty in hearing the person on the other end.
* When you want to hear a message left on the answering machine, it must be done using the handset. It automatically broadcasts through the speaker and you must hit the speaker button for private monitoring.
* There is no option to delete a message right after it is played. When it ends and you push delete, it doesn't erase it. You must go back and delete old message or hit delete while it is still playing.
* No head-set option on this model
* These cannot be mounted to the wall. They are desktop/tabletop only.

In spite of the shortcomings listed above, these phones have proven satisfactory for daily use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic phone system, August 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Motorola DCT 6.0 Enhanced cordless phone with the digital answering service and 2 handsets replaced a phone I have had for years. I find it very similar, but like the slimline look and feel of these phones. I like the included answering machine and the screening option. You can hear quite well on the phones and there are different ringer choices as on every other phone out there. One thing I like is that I can expand and add more phones to this unit so that I can have one in my office, one in the kitchen and one in the basement. They charge quickly and are clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent landline phone, November 13, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This phone was SO easy to use-- you just plug it in and play Even the time sets itself. All functions are done through the handset so you're not dealing with a complicated, clunky base. Message retrieval is simple and straightforward, and sound crystal clear-- even the volume is simple and easy to use. It has good volume power too, so if you have hearing problems, this is a great phone to consider. I can't comment on range, since we use this in a small office and don't use it in a room to room scenario. The digital display is easy to read, bright and even pleasant. The sub menus can be a little cumbersome to get to all the features, but overall, this phone is very easy to use. This is excellent in our small office, and we are so happy with it that we are planning to get a second unit to use in our home.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very user unfriendly!, February 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Since the GE phone I've been using was on its last legs, and having had very good experiences with Motorola in the past, I jumped at the opportunity to test out the Motorola DECT 6.0 Enhanced Cordless Phone with 2 Handsets and Digital Answering System L702. I have used several different brands of both corded and cordless phones through the years and usually have no difficulty learning how to use a new phone. This was the exception. Easily this is the worst phone I've ever used, mainly because of the convoluted design of the functions.

The only pro:
- I liked the size and feel of the handsets with the rubberized edging, which make it easy to hold on to without fear it'll slip out of my hand.

Cons:
- Number 2 handset would not hold its charge from day one, I've done all the manual said to do in this circumstance to no avail. Number 1 handset would only hold its charge for approximately 48 hours with little or no use.
- It's hard to maneuver through the system. Some of the keys wouldn't work unless pushed 3-4 times, especially the up, down, left, and right keys, which are used often.
- Transferring numbers from CID list to phone book was annoyingly difficult.
- No shared phone book between the phones, so each number has to added to each phone separately. The same goes for deleting numbers off.
- Dual functions on most of the keys make using the phone extremely difficult and confusing. If you get this, better keep the manual handy.
- Both numbers on the Call List and Messages were too easily deleted due to the complicated process Motorola set up. Most of these were accidentally deleted because of this.
- Cannot screen calls, the messages can only be listened to after they've been left.
- No jack for a headset or ear buds.
- Cannot be mounted on a wall, table/desk set-up only.
- Receiver can't stand up, they have to just lay there and rock.

As I said before, I'm no dummy when it comes to using new phones and expect there to be differences between phones that I have to get accustomed to, but this is ridiculous. I am so disappointed that Motorola has put out something this inferior. I'm not exaggerating when I say I hate this phone. I would not recommend it at all. In the meantime, I ended up buying Panasonic KX-TG6672B DECT 6.0 Corded/Cordless Phone with Digital Answering System, Black, 2 Handsets, which I have absolutely loved so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not meet my intercom needs, May 6, 2013
This review is from: Motorola DECT 6.0 Enhanced Cordless Phone with 4 Handsets and Digital Answering System L704 (Office Product)
The main reason for this low rating is that Motorola Customer Service confirmed that this phone has the 'intercom auto-answer feature' but it does not.

I have an >old< Motorola MD481 cordless phone system that has an Indispensable intercom auto-answer feature. All you do is intercom another handset and start talking... the person in the other room can communicate without having to even touch the phone! A HUGE benefit for a handicapped person, as myself, but also a welcome convenience for everyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, September 1, 2011
Jerry Larson (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a couple of older, very similar phones from Vtech; when these were offered on the Vine reviewer program I jumped on them, thought that sounded pretty cool. Also, as far as I know, my Vtech phones don't have answering capability (the reason I qualify that is that they do have a "voicemail" light, and I don't know what that means). I used those phones in conjunction with another answering machine. So, OK, great, I can do away with the other answering machine.

Well, I'm not impressed. These Motorola phones work, they look good, and they have a small footprint. And Motorola's a reliable brand.
However, the price, while reasonably competetive, is nothing special, the features are nothing special, and I found the phones a little bit hard to use and hard to figure out. Not terribly so, not even necessarily worse than my old ones, but just a little klunky and klugey. The ringtones are not very cool at all, and as another reviewer pointed out, you have to pick the handset up and look at it when screening calls, which kind of misses, not the whole point, but at least half of it. This was a deal breaker for that reviewer, and probably for me too. Also, while the handsets have pretty good quality and speaker phone capability, they lack a headphone jack.

So, I may be going back to my old phones, or looking for something new. I'm not particularly happy with these.
They're certainly not terrible; they're okay, just not exciting, not especially cheap, and I don't see any special reason to choose them.
I'd look at what Vtech is doing-- although I read a review about some Vtech phones, and apparently they don't have a headphone jack any longer either, and I don't know how their call screening works.

What I'd like to see is a system like this that allows you to use a Bluetooth headset, and that's a lot easier to program. Not that these are terrible in that respect, but I'm spoiled. Why do I have to pick it up and fiddle with menus? Why can't I log into it over the wireless network, and program it that way?

Three stars for mediocrity. Quality good, features and price reasonable but not exciting. Three stars, yes, but I wouldn't buy it because of the call screening situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!!, January 16, 2012
After using AT&T phones for years we switched and these work very well. Good range and great volume control..easy to use as well....

1.0 out of 5 stars Set expectations low if you're buying, December 22, 2011
I agree with Paul (Previous bad review), except I paid for this P.O.C.

The sound quality for the other people on the call is so bad that I can't use it for it's intended purpose (Hosting conference calls on a landline) I've been forced to use my Cell.

How to retrieve messages from the answering machine is not even in the manual (yes - I did RTFM), not intuitive at all, I'm still searching for how to get the 8 messages from the machine.

The remote handset randomly loses the base, and goes 'searching'.

I want my old Panasonic back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough but not great, December 21, 2011
What works well?

1. Excellent ergonomics - the handset is slim and easy to hold without fatigue, and its display is bright and clear.
2. Comprehensive feature set - not only does it have an answering machine, handset speakerphone, and multiple tone ringers, but it can also be expanded as needed.
3. Clean sound with decent range.

So why not a full 5 stars?

It only stores 30 phone numbers, where most others do 50.
Furthermore, I don't seem to get its rated 180 hours of standby time. I have to watch its charge much more than I do my much older Panasonic.

Happy Calls!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, but no easy way to screen calls, October 15, 2011
J.C. (Southern California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The phone system is effective as a basic phone and answering machine. All the function buttons are on the handset, which makes listening to message and returning calls very convenient. However, to screen calls, you have pick up the phone at the right time and press "screen." You cannot simply listen from a distance and decide if you want to answer.

The speakerphone quality and voice quality is fine. The two issues worthy of note are that if you a bit of a distance away from the base (e.g. a floor up and accross 20 feet in another direction), the calls get dropped occasionally, leading me to conclude that the antenna must be a bit weak. The other lesser issue is that there is a delay from when you press the buttons, to when the phone responds, either in dialing, playing messages or answering a call.

Overall it is a functional, inexpensive answering machine/2 phone system, but is not a great system for large homes or if you are expecting more sophistication.