on July 12, 2012
This is a great phone from what I can tell. It does have an older android operating system and maybe too many AT&T apps on it, but it was made for them. I have only had the phone for a couple of weeks so something could go wrong, but as of right now, great phone.

The phone has over 350 reviews over on Ebay, where it has 4 1/2 stars and I just thought that there should at least be one review here.

I got the phone for the wifi, because I would rather use that to make and receive my phone calls. Am just tired of paying that phone bill. I got the 32gb card so it holds like 10000 songs and 20000 pics, or 120 hrs of video. The phone does a lot and for me will pay itself off in just a few months.

phone, 32 gb card, case, screen protectors, and headphones all for under $140, great value.
2222 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 5, 2012
I bought this phone to use for straight talk, and it works great! only thing I don't like is the battery life and the phone didnt come with a micro SD card and memory is horrible. but besides that, it has been working great! I had to partition the 16 gb SD card I bought, so I could link apps to it, and it helped alot. Taskiller also saves the battery. I use to have to carry my charger to work for only 8 hours and would have to charge it 3 times. but now it lasts a full day even when calling people and messing around with apps! Android came as 2.2 instead of 2.1 so that was a plus. Overall, this phone is really easy to understand and has been great!! I would totally recommend!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 19, 2013
It is cheap for a smart phone, but you do not even get what you pay for.
1. Keyboard is not very responsive and I have to do a lot of backspacing to make corrections.
2. Reception is poor. Others using the same network with different phones have a signal when I have nothing.
3. Camera takes mediocre pictures and half the videos I shoot are unplayable.
4. Battery life is just ridiculous. I use my phone very little and find myself having to charge it after a day and half of idle time. I don't have wireless or gps enabled.
5. Back cover comes off too easily.

1. Call quality is decent and have not experienced a dropped call.

If I were the type of person who was remotely serious about my phone, I would have returned it and spent a little more for a better phone.

UPDATE: I wanted to reinforce my opinion on how terrible this phone is. If you take a video that is more than a few (30 seconds?) the file will be corrupt and unplayable and you have to perform a hard reboot to get the camera to work again. HATE THIS PHONE SO MUCH!

UPDATE 2: After reinstalling factory settings the standby battery life has GREATLY improved. I did shoot 2 videos in excess of 2 minutes without a problem. Before you yell at me for breaking my phone know that I have not installed a single application and made no alterations whatsoever. It seems this phone came with some glitches in its OS as all these problems occurred right out of the box. I have upgraded my review to 3 stars. IF YOU GET THIS PHONE, THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO IS RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT BEFORE POPULATING IT WITH APPS AND CONTACTS.
on December 19, 2012
The phone is fine for a person who is not looking for the last technology. It came with Android 2.2 that is just fine. It is an unlocked phone so I could brought it to my country Colombia. It has a very nice navigation bottom and the screen is very nice and has good resolution. I like the qwerty keyboard. In general is a 3 starts phone in comparison to other phones.
I don't like it came with a lot of AT&T apps and they are usless at all, at least in my case (not using it in USA). You can't delete the apps unless you root your phone. It is also quite difficult to upgrade the android version for this phone. It hasn't been possible for me. There are only 2 things I find very annoying about the phone. First, I can't play videos on Youtube. Second, the memory on the phone is not enough to download more than 3 apps. It always keep saying that the memory is full (internal memory). Considering it was launched in 2010 is a modern phone.
on July 26, 2012
I bought for my wife the Motorola Flipside MB508 cell phone to replace her other cell phone that she had from Trax. With her new phone she is able to do so much more! Best of all it is compatible for our business use! This phone has so many features, and built in apps that her old cell phone looked like a toy! She got it as an early birthday gift and has been enjoying every minute of it! It works great with the internet and is super fast and makes me envious that my older cell phone is not as COOL as hers! It was a great price and it really was so easy to use to take credit cards from our customers! WE LOVE THIS PHONE!!
on January 13, 2013
I need a qwerty keyboard for texting capabilities. This phone does the trick. Nice camera and decent phone call reception.
on July 7, 2014
I do like the phone especially the flip out keyboard as my my touchscreen on my other phone had lost the "E" and the "S" makes it hard to text so I knew what I was looking for but my local store didn't have it. However I would not suggest buying an "unlocked refurbished" phone to anyone and I certainly will never do it again. No SD card so I had to buy one, the battery lost charge very quickly so I bought a new battery. Also the back cover wouldn't stay closed so I did have to tape it. I would have spent less ordering a new phone. But I do like the functionality of it and will be more careful next time
on December 5, 2012
The Motoblur thing was annoying so I went on Youtube and found a video on how to bypass it. I needed a new unlocked phone to replace a Samsung Galaxy phone I had. This was $109 and performs beautifully. Very happy with it. It arrived in a sealed box right on time. Very happy with the phone. I like the dedicated keyboard, it lights up, looks good and has a solid feel when typing and texting. Battery could be a little better but it's o.k. for what I need.
on December 14, 2013
The rating reflects the balance between value and performance. This phone is cheap - 15% of the cost of a top end Smartphone but performance is poor - you get what you pay for.

The plus points
- It's cheap.
- it runs on WiFi - this is a huge plus as you don't need to pay for phone network data. Set updates and data delivery to WiFi only
- It has a keyboard - touchscreen input on cheap phones with small screens is a nightmare,
- it works fine on Skype (and with rear camera allowing video calls) - and this combines with the use of WiFi giving free/low cost calls anywhere you can get WiFi
- Screen is good
- e-mail easy to set up
- slot for Micro SD.
- small trackpad at bottom of phone very useful for highlighting and selecting web options - avoids the issue of hitting the wrong option with a finger on a tiny screen

The Minus Points
- Insufficient internal phone memory - load Skype and update to Play Store and that's about it. Out of memory!! This is THE major problem with the phone. (Why did Motorola not add more memory?)
- Usually won't run videos - probably related to above
- No UMA - if mobile network coverage is poor some phones can route calls through WiFi. Very useful if you live in a poor coverage area. This phone can't do it.
- Associated Motorola PC software randomly consumes huge amounts of CPU time even when the phone is not connected!! Don't bother installing.
- lots of AT&T bloatware that consumes what little memory there is and usually is expensive to use
- no flash on the camera.

Part of the solution to the memory problem (which is the real downside to this phone) is to root the phone and then delete the bloatware and move the applications to the sd card. But it's not as easy as it seems. Rooting goes OK but applications won't always move and there's not much memory there anyway. And with rooting you risk bricking the phone. Yet to be tried is partitioning the sd card to act as phone memory. If this works it should solve the memory issue but we'll see. I'll post an update.

Overall - if you want a low-cost smartphone with easy data input (the keyboard), access to e-mail, free WiFi-based surfing and Skype this is for you. But don't expect to be able to download many apps or be able to play much (if anything)in the way of streamed video.
on March 15, 2014
This phone was a gift for my daughter. To operate you have to establish a "Moto-Blur" account which can only be done using the phone itself (you can't do it online). The phone would not allow us to create the account. After repeated attempts we contact Motorola customer support. After about an hour on the phone during which we re-booted the phone repeatedly, reset the factory settings and tried every other suggestion the could give, we were told that there was nothing else they could do and we should just return it to the seller. Which we did. Don't think I'd buy a phone this was ever again.