Motorola Droid 2 Global Winter White (Verizon) A956 Smartphone
- Android 2.2-powered smartphone with 3.7-inch touchscreen, redesigned QWERTY keyboard, improved 1.2 GHz processor, and global roaming capabilities
- Google mobile services including Google Maps with Navigation for voice prompted turn-by-turn directions; can be used as a 3G Mobile Hotspot
- 8 GB internal plus 8 GB preloaded microSD memory; Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking; Bluetooth stereo music; 5-megapixel camera/camcorder
- Up to 8.33 hours of talk time, up to 230 hours (9+ days) of standby time; released in November, 2010
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 8 GB microSD card, USB cable, quick start guide
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This update to the popular Droid steps up to a faster processor (1GHz), adds mobile hotspot WiFi feature, and wireless video output via DLNA. This Android smartphone also features a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, a large capacitive multi-touch display, GPS navigation with full turn-by-turn directions, 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with video capture, standard 3.5mm audio jack, up to 40 GB of memory, and dual-mic noise reduction. Other features of the Droid 2 include music player, Bluetooth compatibility, 3G data with global roaming capability (GSM and WCDMA modes), Web browsing, and access to thousands of apps, games, movies, and music available in the Google Play Store.
Top Customer Reviews
It was everything I imagined and more. I connected to the Internet on a 3G network and within no time had bonded with my Droid. The touchscreen keyboard and screen auto-rotation had my full attention as I continued to play. I personalized the seven home screens with my favorite application icons. I could group them by kind and reposition them. It felt more like a touchscreen computer than a phone. It was definitely "smarter" than my BlackBerry! I downloaded various free applications from the "Market" and was impressed with the variety, download times, and ease of installation. The battery lasted the entire day without needing to be charged and there were several battery options to conserve energy. A free car charger and USB cord for tethering were supplied with the Droid. I agree with the majority of other reviewers. Go Global or go home!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great starter phone for the not-so-tech-savvy. Nice slideout keyboard for larger fingers and quite durable. Battery life very good for a smartphone as well.Published 5 months ago by ZachPA
In less than a month the phone just didn't work anymore. Have to buy another one to make up for this defective unit.Published 10 months ago by ghazanellie
MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS VERY HAPPY AND SAYS THE DROID 2 IS EXCELLENT.Published 12 months ago by Gary Robinson
This phone lasted about a year. It was a good backup phone when we didnt have an upgrade on our virizon account. The key pad was alittle hard to use and battery life was horrible. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Shawndra Patterson
Easily rooted and modded, an OK battery life and great processor.Published 17 months ago by Juan Meza