4.0 out of 5 stars Works on Druid 4
I've used multiple Bluetooth Headsets throughout the years and I'm rating this on the upper levels. It's not the best ever, but it's on the upper echelon.

Published on October 25, 2012 by Weatherman

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing performance for the price
Published on October 18, 2012 by The Bee Bee

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on Druid 4, October 25, 2012
Weatherman (Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Motorola H19txt Universal Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Opening it is straight forward. One of those new hard plastic tops and you slide it out. As with new headsets you can wear it just in the ear or just over the ear or both (which I do...both). During the day you move around and with just one (ear or over ear) it can fall off easily. With both I've never had it fall off.

Pairing it is easy. I have a Droid 4. Perhaps that's due to both being Motorola, but I had no problems.

I can hear people great. However I'm taking one star away due to people saying my sound quality is not crystal clear. NOTE they can hear me, and I've tested it with another and the best I can say it sounds like is like I was in the end of a tunnel. Not that "Heeelllloooooo" from deep in a tunnel. But a slight "Hellloo." Did that make sense? :-)

I feel that makes it better than most is the battery life. It lasts a good seven hours of talk. I've been going 3-4 days without charging. Does not come charged. Included Micro USB and AC adapter charger.

NOTE it's most likely you will need a extension cord. Unless you have a setup of some sort as the cord is not long to charge it.

Wearing it causes no problems. No ear irritations.

The commands for using it are the same as with other Bluetooth headsets.

Again, other than the problems with other problems hearing me, this is a good headset. That's why I take away one star.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best that came out from Motorola's line of BT headsets, October 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Motorola H19txt Universal Bluetooth Headset is one of the best Bluetooth headsets that came out from this company. And I am saying this from the perspective of owning different brands of BT headset and comparing it to the Motorola H19txt.

My impressions:

Advanced features: The Motorola H19txt has a Rapid Connect feature where the mouth piece or boom of the BT headset can be folded to turn it off and unfold it to turn it on. This is great if you need to conserve your BT's power when not in use. With A2DP, you can stream music to your BT headset or listen to navigation commands from your GPS. Voice prompts lets you know when you are or are not connected to your phone. This headset also has the capability to connect to 2 devices at the same time. For iphone users, the Motorola H19txt also works with Siri. For Android users, the free app My Motospeak can be downloaded to give you a wide array of additional functions with the voice prompts.

Shape Factor: The Motorola H19txt Universal Bluetooth Headset is compact, smaller than most major brand bluetooth headsets currently out in the market. If you have hair that covers your ears, this BT headset practically disappears from sight.

Wearing Flexibility: The Motorola H19txt offers three wear styles for the perfect TrueComfort fit: On your ear, In-ear without a hook, and In-ear with a hook. The flexible ways of wearing this BT headset also translate to wearing comfortability. This BT headset is worn according to your own personal level of comfort fit and thus can be worn for hours without ever knowing it is in your ear. I found this expecially true during a stop over at a hotel during a long drive. I didn't realize I was still wearing the headset were it not time to lay down in bed. It also can be worn comfortably even when you wear glasses or a hat. Some hook style BT headsets will not fit around the contours of your ear with your glasses on. Since the Motorola H19txt can also be worn in ear without a hook, this solves this minor predicament.

Audio: The Motorola H19txt boasts of an HD Audio Plus for exceptional clarity and a dual microphone technology that cancels background noise. My audio test-run from a moving vehicle proves the call quality. The person I am speaking to heard me clearly and I am able to hear them clearly.

Power/Battery Life: The Motorola H19txt has a standby time of 16 days and a talk time of 9 hours. So for those of you out there who are contantly on your cell phones, this outstanding talk/standby times pretty much covers you.

The Motorola H19txt comes in a sleek, hard plastic packaging. The packaging contains the BT headset, an on-ear hook, an in-ear hook, 2 in-ear gels, charger and the user guide. I really enjoyed using this BT headset. It is compact and full of features you would normally expect from something double its size. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Headset Available, minor issues, December 10, 2012
Summary:
1. Packaging - Great big and overdone Motorola aluminum package
2. Headset - Smallest name brand available, perfect to always carry around and discrete to use.
3. Sound Quality - Very good in general usage and light wind, not as good as others in high winds. Sometimes a little quiet
4. Features - Very good overall, My Motospeak app does simple things well, and wideband audio with A2DP makes it good for listening to music. Even NFC pairing worked, and range is excellent.
5. Recommendations - Motorola headsets are the smallest name brand around, and the flip on/off feature is great. I would recommend the H19txt as it has many useful features including extraordinary battery life, in the same small size of the H17. The H19txt does however have the same fragile boom as the H17 and H17txt that breaks easily.

1. Packaging
Motorola ships their headsets in very large overly complex aluminum and plastic packaging (that does look good and protect well, but is wasteful). Easy to open and find what you need.

2. Headset Review
I originally ordered the Motorola Elite Flip headset to replace my broken H17txt, as it has similar features to the H19txt and a better flip boom design (p.s. If you have a H17 or H19 with a broken flip boom, please call Motorola support to report it, so they will fix it on the next version). After it having many issues, I returned it and sprang for the extra cost of the H19txt. It was definitely worth it, as I have had almost no issues with the H19txt. The small design, many features, good sound and discrete colors make this the best Bluetooth around. The 9 hours of talk time is also in credible, making charging a once a week activity.

3. Sound Quality
The sound quality of this headset is as good or better than my old H17txt with the crystaltalk, dual mics, and wide-band audio. This is not as good noise cancellation as a Jawbone Era since it breaks down in high winds (which is acceptable for 99% of usage), but otherwise I have most people telling me they can't tell I am on a headset at all with clear sound quality on both sides. It is sometimes a little quiet when on a loud road.

4. Features
The features of this headset might not be the best on the market, but are the best of the Motorola line. The A2DP with the wide-band audio makes it great for listening to music, and the extra range is even noticeable without a Class 1 Bluetooth phone (yes, if your phone is not a class 1 Bluetooth which is likely, you will not get near the 300ft range). The NFC pairing actually worked on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.1.2) which was unexpected, and the My Motospeak app is a great albeit bare-bones app for texting and calling. The headset also speaks the remaining talk time for battery life, and some other useful messages.

5. Recommendations
I highly recommend buying the Motorola H19txt, as it is the smallest name brand headset on the market, and the flip on/off feature makes usage a breeze. The battery life is also as good as it gets, with 9 hours of talk time. I have yet to have less than "8 hours of talk time remaining" even with days of usage. It does have the old fragile boom design however which I have had 2 of break after a year of daily (but careful) use, so I am expecting to replace it in around a year after it breaks. Also, I am waiting to see if it has the same startup issues as the H17 and H17txt, where you would flip it open and it seemed like its battery had died, even with a full charge. The fix was just plugging it into the charger for about 5 seconds, so I believe this issue has been under reported as people probably believe it is just a dead battery. I have had all 4 of my H17x series headsets and my girlfriends H17txt have this issue, as well as have seen it in many reviews, so most people have probably seen it at some point as it is very intermittent but not noticed.

Please please please if you have either of these issues, report it to Motorola support so they might fix it in the next designs. The "manager" I talked to said he had never heard of the startup issue, and that the broken boom issue is a very small population, which I don't believe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing performance for the price, October 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Motorola H19txt bluetooth headset offers so much potential to those of us who have tried headset after headset looking for THE ONE that finally works as advertised. Unfortunately, the Motorola H19txt falls a little short. That's expecially diappoointing given the premium price this model is going for. Where are the disconnects, so to speak? Mainly audio quality. Motorola says the H19txt has two features called HD Audio Plus and CrystalTalk that employ a dual-mic technology to increase call clarity and richer sound (whatever that means). In my testing, the sound quality was mostly average in comparison to other Bluetooth headsets I've used, and at times it was noticably worse. CrystalTalk is supposed to cancel out unwanted background noise, but on the model I tested noise gate had a nasty delay that caused an abrupt and unnatural-sounding clipped tone whenever somebody would speak. This undesirable "sound effect" started to get on my nerves, and no amount of fiddling with settings on their otherwise decent Android app helped very much. Otherwise, performance was about what you would expect from a bluetooth headset. The onboard controls are logical and easy to use, and the app does a nice job of freeing you from having to use any of those controls at all. Usable range was excellent, and the battery life is nothing short of amazing. Were it not for some troubling issues with the sound quality, I would have given Motorola H19txt a much higher rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, November 7, 2012
The headset is great, I have it connected to two phones my Galaxy 3 and Iphone 5. It works perfect with the galaxy three, but when it comes to the iphone 5, does not work great. It drops the call and then occassionally gives a loud busy sound when it drops connection to the iphone 5. It driving me a little crazy because its not the keeping the connection. So if you have an iphone 5 not the best choice.

I gave it a four star because of the iphone 5 connection problem, but other than that it has been a great headset for the galaxy 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, October 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got the Motorola headset because I have a Motorola cell phone so I only have to carry one charger with me when I travel. (Yes, I know I could get a universal charger, but this works, too.) The headset comes with several ear pieces, so you can pick whichever one works best for you. I actually preferred the headset "as delivered" with the plain round ear piece. The plastic piece that fits over the ear is a little flimsy, but it has been holding without problems so I can't complain.

When you use it, it picks up calls very quickly and I love (really love) the way it almost instantly picks up calls. I use it mostly so I can talk on my cell phone hands free and it has been flawless. One of the things I like most is that the little microphone can "flip shut" to turn off and then flip open to turn on. Other headsets I've used had an on/off button and in trying to turn it on, I was constantly pressing the volume and messing it up. That is not a problem with this headset, thank goodness. That alone makes me prefer this headset (and other Motorola headsets since they all seem similar in this regard.)

The range also seems pretty good - I've used the headset while cooking dinner and walking around the house while my cellphone was on the counter and I haven't had any drops, although I probably did not stray more than 25' (maybe 50') away.

All-in-all, I've been very pleased with this headset and recommend it, particularly if you already have other Motorola products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Comfortable, Clear!, September 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing I loved about this, was the packaging! It came in a small box that was easy to open (I wish more manufacturers would realize simple, easy, packaging is appreciated!). The directions were simple and straight forward.
The headset didn't come charged, so I had to charge it first. After it charged, I paired it with my iPhone which was totally simple. All I did was go into my settings, opened "Blue Tooth" and (after turning on the headset), set it to discover the device - it did immediately and I didn't have to type in the security code (located in the instructions). It's crystal clear when speaking, and I have small ears, so often, things don't fit well in my ear, but this wasn't a problem. It does have a great range. I was wearing it all day and while in the garage (and my iPhone was in the upstairs bedroom) - I almost had a heart attack when my ear "rang" - it's quite comfortable and I forgot I was wearing it.
The only criticism I have, is that the light that tells you if it's on or off/battery/status - is really tiny. I'd say people who can't see very well would have a very hard time with the light.
All in all, it does a great job, very clear, (I even tried it while driving with the sun roof open and no complaints from the people on the other end of the headset) and it's been 3 days and I still haven't had to re-charge it.
So far, 5 stars! As always, if I run into any problems, I'll edit my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes it's good to be small (if you happen to be a bluetooth headset), October 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok, let's start of with the most important thing about any bluetooth headset, sound quality: It's great! Just great! Voices on the other end of the bluetooth are crispy clear, I asked friends how good the quality of the bluetooth was on the other end and for the most part they said they couldn't even notice that I was using a bluetooth device, that's how good it is.

Now for the best thing about this bluetooth, besides sound quality, size! This thing is tiny! And trust me, when it comes to bluetooth headsets, tiny is good! Easy to carry around with you and easy on your ear, plus, it will save you some embarrassing comments about you looking like a cyborg from one of those Van Damme Movies!

Battery power is great as well, it gives you about 8 hours of talk time per charge, and I don't think anyone talks 8 straight hours on their cell phone, this is the text generation baby!

Overall, great bluetooth headset, great price too. Buy it, you won't regret it.

2.0 out of 5 stars iPhone 5 users beware, January 26, 2013
This is the second H19txt I got because I thought the problem I have with it was because of a faulty unit. Not so. This as well as my previous unit both drop the connection a minute or so into the conversation. It gives you a short beep or shriek and that is your cue for going to your phone, switching to speaker or iPhone, and then switching back to Bluetooth. Then you can hear your party again. Fortunately it does not drop the call but I am getting sick of interrupting my conversation all the time and excusing myself to the other party asking to recap because " I lost the signal for a couple seconds".

This problem is well documented in blogs so look it up if you want more info. I am sure it is some software incompatibility on the iphone part. I am just holding on to it because I hope the next iOS update will fix the problem.

Other that this huge inconvenience the headset does everything else perfectly. That is why I still give it 2 stars and not 5.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed as a former H17txt user, March 25, 2013
N. Gibbs (Newark, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this headset almost 2 weeks ago and I must say that it is somewhat disappointing. My last tried and true bluetooth headset was the H17txt, so when it finally conked out on me and I saw this newer model I was excited to try it out. So here is my review on the upgraded txt model:

Longer Range than the H17txt: I often can walk from my parking space to the entrance of the store and forget I left my phone in the car and it's not until I hear the phone 1 disconnected voice prompt that I realize I left my phone. This can be a good thing if you are doing multiple things around the house and don't want to worry about carrying your phone around, but can also be bad (for instance, you left your phone on the bus and the bus is on the next block pulling off already then you finally realize you left your phone).

Sound Quality: I must say I agree with other users who have reviewed this headset and say that the sound is definitely average. I honestly don't think it's better than the previous model. I still have some trouble hearing people at times and for the price and with the advertising of all this HD audio, I definitely expected better sound performance. I have already had some people tell me they couldn't hear me while using it.

Connectivity: The pairing the first time was pretty quick, but I notice that at times the connectivity gets lost when you flip open the boom it will say ready to pair instead of connecting to my already paired device. I did seem to have this issue with prior Android phone models with the H17txt so maybe this is just normal for these models. I sometimes have to go to my bluetooth devices on my phone settings and then click H19txt in order to get it to connect. This is rather annoying and inconvenient especially while driving.

The Android App (My Motospeak): Downloading the app is rather pointless I have found because it hardly recognizes my commands when text messages come through and it asks if you want to listen now. Whether I say yes or no I have had to repeat myself more than once at times. Also, the H17txt MotoSpeak app was able to announce the callers by contact name. Apparently, Motorola has not updated this app for newer Android versions so anything beyond Android 2.3 we are stuck with just hearing the phone numbers announced digit by digit. Motorola definitely loses a star for this. If you are going to release a newer model of an accessory, you must keep the matching app up to date!

Battery Life: The battery life lasts for hours I can use it all day. I have yet to find any other bluetooth that matches the battery life of Motorola's txt models, so this is still a plus with this newer model.

Finally, what's in the box: Motorola for some reason decided to shorten the length of the usb cord that attaches to the plug to charge this headset. The usb plus is about 2 inches long. I'm not sure the thinking behind that but it's rather inconvenient.

For the price this bluetooth costs, I would definitely not recommend it. I paid $55 for it and feel that it should not be much more in price than the prior model. At this point, unfortunately I cannot say that I would 100% recommend this product. Motorola has definitely let me down with the release of this model, I expected more.