Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Black Stone Cherry Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Size: Only Bluetooth 2.0|Color: Black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 8, 2013
I am a long time user of Motorola headsets of this type. I love them - comfortable, small, long battery life, and trouble free. Recently I have had two H17txt. The hinge broke on one, but no other problems.

The H19txt promised the same with more distance and more battery life. In the few weeks I have had the H19txt, those two promises were fulfilled. However, I have had several disconcerting things happen.

In the middle a conversation, a little click will occur and my incoming sound is cut off. The first time it occurred I did not realize that the outgoing sound was still connected and so I hung up and called back. It has happened at least 3 other times and I was able to ask the other party to hold while I go directly to the phone itself by closing the boom microphone and avoid losing the call.

Twice, a loud buzzing has begun on incoming sound (the caller does not hear it) and I have had to close the boom and go the the handset to continue the call.

Finally, I am used to having an audible prompt in my ear of an incoming call when wearing the headset with the boom open. This does happen sometimes, but I have also felt the vibration of an incoming call on my handset with no acknowledgement on the headset. Moving around in a busy environment, the vibration can be missed and I need to rely on the headset to prompt me. This occurred after wearing the headset for a while. Perhaps it had gone into a battery conservation mode? Not a good thing.

I was thinking that possibly I had a defective headset, but after writing this, I looked at the other comments, and I see the same issues have been reported by others. I am also using an iPhone 5.

With these issues, it barely gets 3 stars. I wonder if a firmware upgrade is possible on these?
on December 18, 2014
I wish I would've read up on this Bluetooth before buying it. I have a Galaxy 5 and it paired easy enough. However, when trying to place a call where a contact has several numbers, e.g. 1=Mobile, 2=Home etc, the voice asks to select the one you want. When I respond, for example, "1," I get an abrupt "didn't get that" response and then I get cut-off. Very unforgiving. Other Bluetooths I have had will ask you again for your selection but not this one. When you try to press the call button to call again--nothing. You literally have to turn it off and turn it back on again to activate it.
This is the kind of crap-ware that is out there to make a person spend all sorts of time trying to figure out what should be a simple process. I suspect it is not totally compatible with the Galaxy 5. On a positive note, I bought it at Costco and will be able to return it with no problem.
on March 30, 2014
Does not work properly. I can hear just fine, but people I'm talking to can't hear anything! I first one I had worked great for over a year (purchased from AT&T retailer). Very disappointing.
on June 5, 2014
Enjoyed use of the product until ear pieces began to break. Normal removal process resulted in breaking ear piece about once a month. Finally, flip down mike which turns on the system fell off. No longer of use
on December 30, 2013
I bought 2 of these bluetooth for me and my boyfriend. We were having horrible sound quality with our phones prior to getting these. Since we've been useing them we can hear each other clearly. No annoying noice. I love it and I love that I can listen to music through it. It's also comfortable in the ear. Thanks Motorola!
on November 15, 2012
My last Motorola Bluetooth headset was the direct predecessor to this model, and while I loved that last one, this one makes several positive improvements. It's smaller, darker colored, and the controls are simplified and streamlined. The battery lasts nearly a third longer, the sound is somewhat clearer, and the charge slot is straight on the end, rather than a weird angle. Also great for streaming podcasts and other media from your cell phone that you don't mind listening to in mono. Subtle and light, it's the best Bluetooth I've used yet, and I can't recommend it enough!
on December 11, 2012
I love the bluetooth but hate the customer service. They make the bluetooth so it is flip to talk in order to save battery, which is great. However, if the flip breaks, they will tell you it is NOT covered under warranty. Only the electronic components are covered under the warranty.

With better customer service and warranty, this would have been five stars. Great product!
VINE VOICEon September 27, 2012
I have used a number of Bluetooth products by Motorola throughout the years as Bluetooth headsets have progressed. This particular headset is a very good product in that same line.

1. What's in the box? I received a smaller box with the headset unfurled so to speak with the boom mike out. Inside the box, there were instructions, a extra set of earpieces, and a charger included.

2. Aesthetic? This is a small unit. Imagine something placed on your fore-thumb and that is about the size of the unit. It is an appealing gunmetal grey color, with a silver boom mike and a raised surface on the front (visible) side, with a button in the middle to place calls, and a volume button on the top.

3. Use? The first measure of this unit was the set-up. After charging for an hour or so, I simply pulled out the boom mike and you will hear a sound telling you that you have battery power (up to 9 hours?!) and whether a connection has been made. Using an iphone, I did not have to "pair" the device, but the item was discovered and announced it was ready to go. Phenomenally easy! No entering in passcodes or anything similar. High marks for this.

I really love the idea that turning off this item is as easy as just closing the mike. Nice. Also, it seems as though I have been able to talk for hours without having to recharge. In earlier incarnations, the headset would need a charge after a few hours. I have yet to run this thing down from talking. The standby time seems impressive as well. I have been able to use this item for days without any issue.

Sound? After removing the plastic cover on the microphone, the sound is quite good. Other parties have stated that the sound is good, but a bit tinny. However, the sound is good according to other people listening to us on the phone.

Pros: Easy set-up. Nice, attractive looks. Long battery life.

Neutral: This is a nice-looking unit. Although there is the lower-priced unit available that is white, silver and read that looks really neat, this is a still nice looking, however.

Cons: None really. I am satisfied with this headset. Keeping in mind that I received to review, it is an expensive headset, currently being about 100ish. In all honesty, I might purchase a lower end model. However, this is still a very nice unit.
VINE VOICEon October 18, 2012
Ok, let's start of with the most important thing about any bluetooth headset, sound quality: It's great! Just great! Voices on the other end of the bluetooth are crispy clear, I asked friends how good the quality of the bluetooth was on the other end and for the most part they said they couldn't even notice that I was using a bluetooth device, that's how good it is.

Now for the best thing about this bluetooth, besides sound quality, size! This thing is tiny! And trust me, when it comes to bluetooth headsets, tiny is good! Easy to carry around with you and easy on your ear, plus, it will save you some embarrassing comments about you looking like a cyborg from one of those Van Damme Movies!

Battery power is great as well, it gives you about 8 hours of talk time per charge, and I don't think anyone talks 8 straight hours on their cell phone, this is the text generation baby!

Overall, great bluetooth headset, great price too. Buy it, you won't regret it.
VINE VOICEon October 10, 2012
I have been told this Bluetooth headset sounds best among the ones I have (or ones I lost). Motorola claims this one has extra long range; perhaps in closer proximity this means stronger signal. Anyhow, I am happy on that front.

Another thing that I love about this headset is how compact it folds when not in use. It is the smallest I have. When fully folded, it is off. The ear loop is also ambidextrous and easy to flip around for left or right ear, no need to snap it off first (like with other headsets I've had). It will fit in any tiny shirt or pant pocket or corner very unobtrusively.

The headset is very easy to pair (although they are all getting much better these days). In addition, it tells you "8 hours of talk time remaining" and so on every time you turn it on. This is all good, but I noticed that without much talk it starts saying "7 hours" and then 6, so perhaps this battery indication is not the most reliable :)

My only issue with this headset is that after prolonged use (just keeping it on my ear), my ear starts to itch. The strange thing is that it itches in the ear canal, and this headset has nothing that protrudes in there. Maybe it is just me, or maybe there is something to this headset that could irritate the skin. This is not a big deal for me because I normally fold the headset (off) when not expecting a call.

Recommended.