2,046 Reviews
 (1,165)

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Bluetooth I Ever Owned
This is the BEST bluetooth I have ever owned.

I had the H710 before this, but my car was broken into and it was stolen. I immediately purchased the newest model of the same Motorola series - this H720 - and am thrilled with it.

Published on August 22, 2010 by Rachel

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not as good as the H715
Published on July 20, 2010 by jennsams

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Bluetooth I Ever Owned, August 22, 2010
This review is from: Motorola H720 Bluetooth Headset - Motorola Retail Packaging (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is the BEST bluetooth I have ever owned.

First of all, this bluetooth does NOT stick INSIDE your ear. I can't stand the bluetooths that do that. This unit has nothing to stick inside your ear. It is flat and lays flat against your ear. It is also loud and clear so you don't have to worry that you're giving up on sound. As a matter of fact, sometimes it's too loud and you can lower the volume easily. The sound is nice and clear, and there is no lag time - you don't miss the first few seconds of the conversation - it picks up immediately.

The other thing that I really like about this unit is the flip open design for turning it on or off. You flip it open to turn it on, and flip it closed to turn it off. Simple. No guesswork involved. I love the simplicity of it.

This bluetooth has a GREAT battery life, both for talktime and standby.

Another improvement that I really like for this bluetooth over the H710 was that they changed that big round light ring, and replaced it with a small dot light. This way I don't walk around looking like I'm a plugged in robot (as I am WEARING this and the H710 would blink as I walked around!). On the H720 there's a little mini dot light which is enough for me to see if the unit is on or off, and is enough for me to see if it's red (which means that it needs to be recharged). Great design improvement! I can look like a human and not like a blinking android.

And another nice feature is that it sounds a tone when the bluetooth battery is running low and needs to be recharged.

Once you use this bluetooth, you wont want to go back to any of the others on the market. I'm spoiled now and can't imagine ever go back to using the others out there. This one is a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola Bluetooth Headset H720, June 5, 2010
I have owned an H700 revision B that was always difficult to pair with my Motorola RIZR phone, and I was never really happy with it overall. It was always flaky and finally died, so I took it apart to see if I could repair it, it's dead. It has a Broadcom Bluetooth chipset. My brother has the same model Revision C that still works and has been a much better unit overall. I bought both units from different vendors about a month apart, about three years ago at holiday time.

When I looked hard at the various new models I could find very few that sit against the ear, which is what I like. I strongly dislike the kind that fit in the ear canal. I decided that I would try Motorola again but I was really looking at other brands. Motorola has done a fantastic job with this new H720. I have owned it for about a month now and I really like it. It pairs very easily, fits well around the ear and the sound quality is much better. Overall I am very pleased with the new H720.

Buyers should take notice that the new H720 wall charger comes in MICRO USB and they may need or want to purchase new car chargers or MICRO/MINI adapters that convert to MINI USB. All my past Motorola gear (except new H720) has the MINI USB plug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bluetooth I've owned. Very comfortable, great reception!, November 20, 2011
Emma (Glenside, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This bluetooth headset stands out from the rest because it's very comfortable! It comes pre-configured for your right ear, but you can change that to your left ear if you prefer. It paired easily with my iPhone, my Blackberry, and even my Play Station 3. The battery life is very good. However, I tend to charge this every night.

The unit lights up with a blue light when it's in pairing mode and a red light when it's out of battery. You can click and hold the top and bottom buttons to mute the phone, and you can also turn up/down the volume that way.

The thing that I like best about this headset is that I can push and hold the call button one time and Siri on my iPhone responds! It makes it very easy to interact with my iPhone without holding the phone.

I highly recommend this bluetooth headset!

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola H720, May 13, 2010
I can not stand having 'in the ear' bluetooth's. This product fits over the ear and provides great sound quality both to the caller and to me from the caller.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not as good as the H715, July 20, 2010
Had the H715 and loved it but unfortunately it died. Purchased the H720 and it's ok but I have almost daily problems getting it to connect. I also do not understand why they replaced the nice big indicator light that the H715 had with the teeny tiny pinhole light on the H720. If you're having any problems and are trying to read the lights while going down the road, you're going to have a wreck because you cannot just glance at it like you could the H715. And if the sun is bright, you can just forget being able to see it at all! Other than that, sound quality is great, comfort is excellent, talk time and standby time are exceptional.

4.0 out of 5 stars No more accidental calls!, May 18, 2010
I have been a fan of the Motorola Folding model headsets since they first came out. The best thing about these is that when they are folded, they are turned off. No battery drain, no accidental calls when the button is depressed in your pocket. If it is open and you press the button, it will immediately answer the call. If it is folded (off) you must wait a few seconds (2-3) for it to "boot up"

The range of the H-720 is not as good as its predecessor (only about 20 ft and/or 1 wall), but the overall design is much better (recessed main button; more solid boom; better volume control buttons; more comfortable fit; not so bright bluetooth light - the old light was bright enough to signal aircraft!)

If you are frustrated by making accidental calls when carrying your BT headset, there is no other quality headset out there that offers this unique feature. It may not offer the same quality as Plantronics, but if you've ever made an accidental 45 minute voicemail or call in the middle of the night, this device is a must have.

Arrived in solid packaging with a charger. 5 days with standard shipping

4.0 out of 5 stars Earpiece, December 28, 2010
Terry D. Barnes (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
Fits my ear perfect and the sound quality is great. Also no complaints from the people I talk to, they can hear me pretty well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Motorola H730, July 24, 2011
I really liked this bluetooth for the first 2 1/2 months that I had it. Then the boom broke when I opened it to turn it on. No abuse, just normal usage.

Motorola said that this type of break was not covered by their warranty. Having to buy a new headset every 2 1/2-3 months can get very expensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Killed by the echo.....not usable, April 22, 2011
From the perspective of the owner (me) this is a great headset. Quick to connect. If the phone is ringing and the headset is not powered on, opening the boom both connects the headset to the phone (in my case an iPhone) AND connects the call...nice. No hidden/magic buttons to power on or off. Loud and clear enough to be easily heard in a noisy car. So far, so good...

BUT... EVERYONE who talks to me complains that they hear their own voice as an annoying echo. This makes conversation difficult. I don't want everyone I call to have to comment about how hard it is to communicate with me - kind of defeats the whole purpose.

So - no amount of good functional design from MY end overcomes the fact that this is a useless device from the other side of the conversation. One star - perfect for people who only talk and never listen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Motorola H720 Bluetooth, June 17, 2011
I never thought that I would buy a bluetooth. I always thought that people who walked around with a bluetooth in their ear looked crazy. No offense. I decided I'd be Bluetooth free until one day I almost rear-ended someone trying to switch my phone to speaker while having a conversation. That was the wake-up call I needed.

It was super easy to connect the Motorola H720 Bluetooth to my Droid 2. The sound is crisp. I have no problems hearing the person I talking to and they have no problems hearing me. There's a volume control on the side of the bluetooth that's a little difficult to adjust. On accident, I discovered I could control the ear volume using my phone which is what I now do.

The button in the middle is to answer and hang-up. With just one touch I can answer a call. No fiddling around trying to find the button. It's the perfect size and doesn't require a heavy hand to activate it.

The battery life is phenomenal. I've only charged it once since I bought it. Granted, I don't talk on the phone a lot and I only charged it because I was getting paranoid that the battery was going to die on me even though there was no indication that it was.

The earpiece is comfortable. It's very light and sometimes I forget that I'm wearing it. My only complaint is that it's kind of big for my ear (I guess I have small ears) so instead of sitting snug against my head, it kinda dangles a little.

Thanks to this great earpiece, I've been converted.