- Size (LWH): 2.8 inches, 1.7 inches, 0.8 inches
- Weight: 0.96 ounces
Motorola HS820 Bluetooth Headset - Gloss Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Simply turn the headset on, place it on your ear and a Bluetooth® link is automatically established
- The multifunction button allows you to place, receive or end calls, all with the push of a button!
- With Bluetooth wireless technology, devices work together even up to 10 meters (30 feet) away.
- The overall compact size and lightweight (less than 20g) allows for easy storage when not in use
- Packaged in a poly-bag with headset, quick-start guide and travel charger.
Simply turn on the headset to establish a reliable wireless connection to a compatible phone up to 32.8 feet away. The headset's Bluetooth 1.2 compatibility means that you'll enjoy faster connections, better audio quality, adaptive frequency hopping and improved interference rejection (don't worry, it's also compatible with the older Bluetooth 1.1 specification). With up to six hours of talk time, you can converse to your heart's content before you'll need to charge the HS820's internal battery. The headset also has up to 100 hours of standby time, so you're always ready to receive a handsfree call.
No matter how fancy or powerful a headset may be, it's not all that useful if it isn't comfortable. Fortunately, the HS820 has comfort covered. The earhook is designed to work on your left or right ear, while an intuitive function menu and comfortable buttons make everyday use a breeze. There's also an LED light indicator that shows the status of the headset, including notification of pairing mode, pairing successful, power state, charge state and call state. Call management features -- such as voice dialing, last number dial, conference calling and hold -- are available right from the headset, so you can leave your phone in your pocket, in your briefcase, or across the room. All of this is rolled up into a package that weighs less than .8 ounces.
Compatibility: Motorola A630, RAZR V3, V505, V551, V600 and V710 Phones, and all other Bluetooth 1.1 or 1.2 compliant devices.
Top Customer Reviews
It is bluetooth 1.2 compatible, so I suppose whenever 1.2 devices come out I will be able to take advantage of that. The battery life is very impressive. Talking an average of 60 min a day on my phone, with at least 30 of them spent using the bluetooth headset(which is usually on most of the day) it typically lasts me 4 days on a charge(I do turn it off at night). I am satisfied with this product and would recommend it to a first time bluetooth device user.
*caveat emptor* The headset does not have an 'acknowledge' beep when you turn it on i.e. if you power it on while you're wearing it the only way to tell if it's on is if you press a volume button to hear the beep. Otherwise if you turn it on while not wearing it the very bright blue LED will be visible. It also doesn't come with a case or lanyard. I have resorted to throwing it in my pocket, but make sure it is off first and you don't have a lot of items in your pockets (scratches very easily).
The technician at the store also suggested, as I believe another review discovered, make sure that the listen volume on both the phone AND the headset are not at maximum; apparently this has something to do with disabling the echo cancellation!
Charger - The charger has a different plug than other Motorola chargers, so you will not be able to use your phone's charger (that would've been nice). There is a nice thing about the charger though; the prongs fold into the charger, making it travel-friendly. Also, the charger accepts 100-240V input, so you will be able to use it internationally, with the proper prong adapter.
2. Easy to associate with your handset
3. When you are close to the handset (within 10 feet) it provides a decent speaker volume.
4. Travel-friendly charger
5. Good speaker volume and no "robotic-voice" effect. Many people said they prefer hearing my conversation through this headset rather than direct through the phone.
1. Doesn't latch onto your ear securely. You can't jog with this on. Also, because it rests fairly far from your ear canal, you sometimes feel you have to press it against your head to hear properly. Only a problem when outside and wind blows between your ear and the headset.
2. Begin hearing static about 10 feet away from handset. It will maintain a connection up to 25 feet or so, but develops too much static to be useful beyond 10 feet.
3. You must charge it every night (but that's pretty much a given for most current bluetooth headsets)
4. There is no temporary disconnect feature.Read more ›
The headset was extremely easy to pair with the phone.
I mostly use the headset in the car or around the house, when I need my hands free. In these environments, I've had no complaints about the sound quality on either end of the call.
The ear piece fits outside your ear rather than resting inside, which can feel a little disconcerting at first. In 2 weeks of daily use, however, I've never had the earpiece fall off.
I also love that I can rest my phone on a counter in one room of the house and not worry about losing signal between the headset and the phone.
All in all, this $30 headset has fulfilled all my functional requirements and then some.
My only complaint would be that their is no indicator to tell you how much battery power is left at any given time. Just all of a sudden the phone will complain of a weak signal from the headset and switch the call to the handset instead.
There are more stylish Bluetooth headsets out there, but for $30, this is a great buy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am petite and this was too bulky for my ear. I guess that is my problem. But otherwise, charging and using the bluetooth was just fine.Published 18 days ago by Jayashree
not really impressed. I always get complains from the other side that they are hearing lot of background noise when talking to me.Published 1 month ago by Chetan Chawada
I wore this non stop for about 3 years. Eventually the battery stopped taking a charge, which was sad, but I certainly got my money's worth.Published 6 months ago by deirdrebeth
I do not even use it anymore. Barely did. Had it for a while. I think I did not like the charging connector though it worked you had to play with it.Published 16 months ago by MJR
Does nott hold charge even when you are not using it. I will fully charge it and go to use it a day later and it is dead. Read morePublished 19 months ago by JJ
Worked well for a while.
Like the flip design.
Nice carrying case.
Stopped working well after about 3 months. Read more