- Size (LWH): 14.13 inches, 1.71 inches, 12.63 inches
Motorola Lapdock 100 for Motorola Smartphones - Charger - Retail Packaging - Silver
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Get to multi-tasking whenever and wherever. Make and take calls while you work or browse, simultaneously surf the web, check emails, listen to music, and use your favorite Android apps with WebTop's multiple-window capability.
- Get big screen content. Dock your phone and instantly launch a full Firefox browser on the 10.1" HD screen. Watch videos; play your favorite games, surf the web and more.
- Get charged. Whether you are multitasking, sharing your HD videos and pictures or listening to your favorite music, MOTOROLA LAPDOCK 100 stays charged for up to 5 hours while charging your phone in the background.
- Get what you need without the weight. Get the speed, access, and power you need without weighing you down; a built-in keyboard and two finger scroll capability makes writing emails, IM-ing friends and editing online documents easier than ever before.
- Unique design allows use with multiple Motorola Smartphones- Photon and Droid Bionic. Requires WebTop application. Motorola retail packaging includes: Motorola Lap dock 100, 30W wall charger, and quick start guide.
- Laptop dock for compatible Motorola smartphones; provides interactive computer-like experience from your smartphone
- 10.1-inch screen and full keyboard make it easy for you to browse and work
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Unleash the computing power of your smartphone with the Motorola Lapdock 100. Sleek and lightweight with a built-in keyboard, the Lapdock looks like a slim laptop, but only comes to life when you dock your smartphone. Watch movies, edit documents, play games, browse the web with the latest Firefox browser, all on the 10.1-inch screen.
And now with MotoCast on your smartphone, you have direct, instant access to the documents, songs, and videos on your PC. Use it with Lapdock 100 and you can edit your documents with ease whether they are in the cloud or on your home computer.
The new Lapdock 100 has a convenient tether and phone cradle to connect your smartphone to the dock. Just plug the tether cord into your phone, and you are ready to go. If you are on the move, put the phone in the cradle for ultimate mobility.
You can still text, use your mobile apps and even make and take calls through the Lapdock--all at the same time. And, because the Lapdock is powered by your phone, you never need to rely on Wi-Fi access to stay connected and productive.
See larger image.
Put your Smartphone in Ultimate Smart Mode
With a full-sized keyboard and two-finger scroll pad, you can save your thumbs for the space bar. Type long e-mails or text messages, and create, edit or share documents using QuickOffice or Google Docs. Work documents can be viewed using the popular PDF format or even printed to a long list of supported printers through the integrated MOTOPRINT application. The Lapdock 100 with the webtop application also includes a PC-like File Manager, making it convenient and intuitive to view, copy, paste, move, or delete files on your smartphone or its integrated SD card.
Stay Productive on the Go. Stay Connected, Too.
At just 2.2 pounds, the Lapdock 100 is designed to be as mobile as are. Compact enough to carry in a back-pack or briefcase, use in the office, in the classroom, at a cafe, or on the couch at home, the Lapdock 100's up to 5-hour battery charges the phone so a user never loses their freedom to be mobile.
Compatible with Multiple Phones
The Lapdock 100 is compatible with multiple Motorola smartphones, including Motorola ATRIX 2, PHOTON 4G, and DROID BIONIC by Motorola. It will also be compatible with future Motorola webtop-enabled devices.
Top Customer Reviews
The Lapdock 100 is a beautiful package. It measures about 10 x 11 x 1.25 inches and adds about two pounds to the weight of the phone. A short flexible cable extends from the back of the unit and plugs into the power/data and HDMI ports on your phone. There is a slot with a rubberized flap that you can slide your phone into. My Photon fits without problem, though you have be a bit careful and not push the phone to forcefully into the slot, lest you activate the volume or camera buttons.
The 10.1 inch 1366 x 768 is gorgeous and excellent to work with. The Lapdock uses Motorola's WebTop technology. What you see is a bit difficult to explain since there is a lot going on. Your phone's screen is exactly duplicated, which by default doesn't take up much room on the screen. It can be resized. All phone controls are accessible. There is also a full Firefox browser.
The phone works in cellular or WiFi mode. My Photon, with its Tegra 2 processor, is speedy and it feels like I am working with a higher end netbook. Streaming with YouTube was flawless. On WiFi, there were no problems with stuttering or video/audio synchronization. I used QuickOffice without a problem. Web browsing was a breeze, though I wished for greater vertical resolution to minimize scrolling.Read more ›
Phew. Now let's go.
I'm a 20-year-old college student whose tablet just died after one year and who finds the idea of a netbook with phone-blessed superpowers to be quite riveting. Having caved to the inane marketing of tablets, I now know that it is next-to-impossible to do anything productive with them, mostly due to the lack of a keyboard - so here I am. Bought it here for $118 + shipping.
IMPORTANT: I'm a senior, and since my freshman year, I've now owned a modern Macbook, Tegra 2 tablet, an Acer Aspire One netbook, and this webdock. The webdock is by far my favorite device so far.
ALSO IMPORTANT: This is a *secondary* device. I have a powerful desktop to come home to, which (whether I like it or not) is my primary computer. This dock is strictly for browsing on the couch, on-the-go computing (in-class or studying), or watching Netflix on a bigger screen than your phone offers (if you're running Linux like me ^_^)
* Burden: Taking this to class is easy because it ways ~1/3rd of my old Macbook 5,1 and my phone is coming with me anyway.
* Attitude: This device actually allows me to be productive, unlike my old tablet, solely due to the keyboard. (see keyboard under HARDWARE) The experience is very productive and no-nonsense, and I like that a lot (Any Arch Linux fans out there? o/).Read more ›
As of the date of this review, you can simply Google "Motorola Lapdock issues" or go to Ebay and you'll see much on the fact that the updates to the OS have rendered this once great accessory to a simple screen expander w/ the added benefit of a keyboard!
You can now get these items for $50-99 dollars and it as it works good as a batter charger/keyboard/screen enlarger it's not much more now. I won't go into futher detail as there is much on the web concerning this: "Motorola Kills Custom Webtop Software in Ice Cream Sandwich ...".
Just look around and you will see... just don't pay more than $99 for a NEW one or $30-50 for used!
Check out: Google Strips Motorola of Webtop, Retires Lapdock
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm using this with a Raspberry Pi. It takes a couple of adapters:
USB 2.0 Micro 5 Pin Female to Standard USB Male Extension Cable... Read more
Indispensable, but now no longer mfd. Motorola, in flux due to buyouts, is also no longer mfg the phones that worked w/this unit that perfectly paired w/certain MOT phones to... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
My lapdock is defective. The left-click action on the trackpad works only intermittently. Since the tracking, right-click, and keyboard work fine it is not a cabling problem. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Warren MacEvoy
Came on time and with all original items original box just love the quality of the lap dock was in new condition perfect do need to say more got what I wanted exactly and with more... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Pedro baca
I worked great until it shut down after a year or so. I read on the internet there was a problem with an electrical component in it - I think
it was a diode switch, It was... Read more
fast shipping, products delivered with perfect condition but covered little dust.
best solution for make odroid (or rPi) based mobile platform