5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Business Phone
Published on May 22, 2012 by Atreya Biswas

2.0 out of 5 stars *** nearly a great phone, but... ***
HERE IS THE REVIEW HAVING FIRST RECEIVED THE PHONE. READ BELOW FOR FOLLOW-UP REVIEW.

Sparing you a lengthy review. Here it is. This phone is amazing.

* Fast, smooth operating system
* Professional image business phone
* physical QWERTY keyboard, a little stiff but only had the phone for 1 day
* bar style, no annoying horizontal...
Published on June 1, 2012 by sportcross99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Business Phone, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Motorola MB632 Android Unlocked GSM Phone (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is perhaps the best business phone I have ever used. Like it better than the Blackberry Bold 9900/9930 (coz it doesn't have android on it). Anyways the packaging was perfect and was brand new and sealed and everything. Superb performance if u know how to use it well. Battery performance is mind blowing. Last for like 2 days with normal average use. This phone has 4GB internal memory but most of is used up by the stock ROM so u will only see about 1.21/1.23 GB available internal memory but space doesn't matter coz I also bought a Sandisk 32GB UHS v1.0 Micro SDHC. :-) There is no lag in this mobile and everything is pretty smooth. Super fast shipping.

Note:- There are two models -- International and Canadian. Only the Canadian version has (4G) !!! The international one is exactly the same but doesn't support (4G). This one is international version. So don't expect (4G).

This phone is unlocked and I am using T-Mobile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Android phone with Blackberry keyboard - Its a keeper!, May 12, 2012
I was so excited to see this unlocked phone available on Amazon. I have T-Mobile. I always wanted the Blackberry style physical keyboard on an Android phone.

Pros:
- The call quality is excellent. People think I'm on a landline. The phone comes with a dual microphone, one on top and one on bottom.
- Earpiece and speaker is loud and clear.
- No Android stutter when scrolling between screens.
- Yes, there is a blinking LED light indicator on the top right corner.
- The 5MP rear camera is Autofocus. It takes decent pictures and 720P videos for a camera phone. Not great in low light. It has 1 LED flash, not dual flash.
- The battery capacity is 1550 mAh. I've owned several Android phones in the past and with heavy usage it lasts 6 hours. The battery life on this Motorola Pro is excellent. I talk using the speakerphone only. With 15 hours of usage, the battery indicator is at 55%. There is also a battery saver mode for additional battery savings.
- The screen is 640x480. The screen is sharp and bright. I can read text outdoors without a problem. The viewing angle is OK. The screen is a durable gorilla glass.
- Keyboard, this is the reason I bought the Android phone. I cannot type on a virtual keyboard. The keyboard is identical to a Blackberry and I love it.
- Multi-media. Plays Youtube. Music player works with bluetooth headset.
- The phone feels good in the hand. Good balance. Heavier on the top than the bottom which is good for typing.

Cons:
- No front facing camera.
- GPS is horrible. It cannot pinpoint my location. Instead, I use the celltower to try to identify my location.
- The standard Android web browser is awful. Instead, I downloaded Opera Mini. However, the screen is only 3.1" so its difficult to read articles.

Bottom Line: The best business phone I have ever owned.

Update 11/22/12: Here's my feedback after 6 months of usage:
Pros: The battery lasts 2 days. Because I have no 3G on T-Mobile. Very durable. I've dropped this phone on pavements, linoleum, tile and in water. Still working, no cracks.
Cons: 3G does NOT work on T-mobile. The keyboard is very stiff unlike a Blackberry. The GPS does NOT work anywhere. Sometimes people can't hear me on the speakerphone when I hold it close to speak.
Would I buy this phone again? Yes and No. I'm thinking of upgrading to Samsung S3 because of the camera quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars *** nearly a great phone, but... ***, June 1, 2012

Sparing you a lengthy review. Here it is. This phone is amazing.

* Fast, smooth operating system
* Professional image business phone
* physical QWERTY keyboard, a little stiff but only had the phone for 1 day
* bar style, no annoying horizontal slider
* clear, sharp screen
* good battery life
* light weight
* feels great in the hand
* many other good qualities
* & all of the obvious Android advantages, apps, customization

Did I mention, also.....this phone is outstanding. Five-and-a-half stars.

UPDATE!!!

After a few days of use, a problem developed with incoming phone calls and reception in general. Whenever I received a call, I could hear the caller (usually) speaking but they could not hear me for at least 5 - 10 seconds. Incredibly annoying! Outgoing calls, however, the caller could usually hear me right away as it should be. But the more the phone was used, the more problematic this became.

I figured it must be a problem with the particular phone that I had and send for a replacement. Incredible ease, response time, and even refunded my shipping costs - good on you Amazon.

In any case it isn't about the shipping, it's about the phone. Same thing. At first the phone did not have this problem, and now after a few days of use the problem has started again with the replacement phone. It's making an otherwise pretty great phone...pretty unusable. Aside from that there are other reception problems where in my previous phone, with the same SIM card and same carrier, there were none. It takes people 2 or 3 attempts to even ring through on the phone at all.

Very disappointing, will probably return it and find something else. Thought I had found a true powerful Android portrait qwerty phone to rely on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, does work with AT&T 3G + HSDPA, June 27, 2012
I bought this phone about a month ago. Overall it's a nice looking hardware qwerty candy-bar phone for business people. Battery life is excellent for an Android phone, last about two days with moderate use using max power save mode. The keyboard is too stiff and hard for my taste and the screen size is good. I end up returning it mainly because I wanted something with a softer keyboard like HTC Tilt 2. I will confirm that I got a version that was compatible with at&t 3G+ network HSDPA 850, 1900 and 2100, which is similar to the Canadian version of this phone and not the international version. If you have at&t or plan to use it with at&t, it will work with 3G+ speed which is very fast, almost same as surfing the web using iPhone 4S on 3G+.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, even with 2G only, June 3, 2012
First off, a word of warning: if, like me, you're on T-Mobile and looking to escape the pitiful line of phones they offer, be warned - this phone will not give you 3G on the T-Mobile network. If you can make your peace with being stuck with 2G/Edge pretty much for the lifetime of this phone, read on.

The phone itself is quite good - the interface is snappy, and it lacks the "Android lag" that came on older Android phones. The software version it ships with is 2.3.5 (Gingerbread), which seems to rule out Swype (if you're looking for that). Other than that, the physical keyboard (a big reason for getting this phone) is quite clicky, although you do have to put some effort in to push the keys. The haptic buttons (the standard Android four button panel) sometimes get pushed when you're using the top row of the physical QWERTY keyboard, so that is a mild irritant.

The voice quality is pretty good; the speaker phone, however, is brilliant. This might just be one of the best speaker phones I've ever used. If you need a phone for conferences / meetings, this would be a pretty good bet (and it looks pretty business-like, too!).

(Review will be updated based on experience with the phone)

4.0 out of 5 stars This for is for At&T???, May 12, 2012
I dont fine in any place what is the frequency for 3G this phone has several version.

HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
HSDPA 850 / 1700 / 2100
HSDPA 900 / 2100

Can some one help me and tell me what the the HSDPA for this one selling here??

5.0 out of 5 stars First mobile phone I've had in years that I like., May 4, 2012
Almost a perfect device. Zero problems @ 3 weeks. Great functionality. Replaced my BlackBerry. I've always had great luck with Motorola and this is no exception.

2.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone Ever, August 29, 2012
I purchased this phone several days ago and by far, this is probably the best phone I have had. I always liked the design and form factor of the Blackberry 7100 series, it being my first smart phone I ever owned. I have owned several since then, including full touch screen Android devices, Windows Phones, and side-slider Android and Symbian devices. Honestly for what I was looking for, this is a great phone. I text and email quite a bit and I absolutely hate on-screen keyboards. The keys are a little stiff and take some time to get acclimated, but work great for what I need it to do. I use my phone on the 850/1900/2100 bands with AT&T and it works great, getting an even better signal than the other phones I have owned. It also has very snappy performance and is not loaded down with any bloatware from any carrier. If you are looking for a candybar form phone with a qwerty keyboard, this is hands-down the best you can find that has been recently released.

UPDATE:

I used the phone for roughly two weeks and absolutely loved it. However, I started having problems close to the end of the second week. The ALT key stopped working intermittently, so sometimes I would have no way to input numbers or symbols other than using the on-screen keyboard, which defeats the purpose of having a physical keyboard. Also, the 3G would randomly go out for no apparent reason, even when there definitely was a 3G signal. I would have to turn the phone off and turn it back on and hope that it would pick up the 3G. I had high hopes for this phone and was very excited to have finally found a phone that I had been looking for, but was quickly let down. I returned it for a refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it...AT FIRST!, July 15, 2012
UPDATE: apprx. 6 months
This phone was only $200 when I bought it. And at that price, I would NOT say it's a 4 or 5 star phone. I can't believe it's up to $300 now! Given the more expensive price, I would have to drop the quality down to 3 stars. Now that it has apps and updates, it gets pretty laggy while processing. MOST IMPORTANTLY, more often than not when I answer calls nobody can hear. At it's worst I would say 9 out of 10 people that call me can't hear me for SEVERAL seconds (between 5 to 10) or at all. On a good week, I'll receive a proper incoming phone call that I can answer with no problems maybe 3 out of every 5 calls. I don't think this is acceptable for a PHONE! A $300 phone at that.

UPDATE: 3 months
The phone is a little glitchy. I've had it for about a month now. The two problems I've noticed is that the phone screen locks itself whenever the processor can't keep up(ex. playing games), and most annoying for me is that quite often when I pick up an incoming call it will either take a few seconds to connect or the other person just can't hear me at all and they hang up. This last problem is the reason I knocked my rating down to 4 stars. Still a pretty great phone and I love the texting, but it's really annoying to be expecting an important phone call and not know whether or not your phone is going to recognize/connect your voice with the caller.

ORIGINAL:
This phone is definitely worth the money! Relatively inexpensive for the quality. I use straight talk, which just recently started allowing customers to bring their own phone over if it is GSM. I absolutely hated the texting on the tiny touch screen phone I purchased through them. I love having the QWERTY physical keyboard, but the keys are pretty stiff. Given that it is a tight (yet comfortably sized) keyboard I know that it's probably necessary to make the keys a little stiffer or harder to press in order keep you from pressing other nearby keys.

I've had the phone for 3 days. It gets faster data connection than the Samsung precedent I was using at 3G speeds. I haven't had the phone crash on me like some reviews I read, but the screen has randomly locked on it's own as if i pressed the top lock key while working on it. I think mostly after I've been on it a while. My last little (insignificant) complaint is a lack of a physical camera button. Makes taking a pic of yourself nearly impossible. Lol

Otherwise, there are lots of fun features. The screen is plenty large, great resolution, smooth processing, no problems with my straight talk service, texting and typing is soooo much easier with the physical key board, very business oriented with the apps provided by the phone, lightweight, not too large or small perfect size, call quality seemed great, battery life not to shabby for a Droid OS. For the small price tag and other phones available in its price range, definitely worth every penny!

4.0 out of 5 stars MB632 also known as PRO+, July 2, 2012
Received the phone in the mail a couple days ago and couldn't hold my excitement. Upon opening the package I noticed the phone was insanely light! The screen was bigger that expected, which is a plus for me. I compared the phone to an iphone 4, and it is slightly bigger to put in your pocket. Just a slight downfall, but I wanted a larger screen.

The keyboard does take a little bit getting used to. The keys are slightly arched, beginning down the center, they either arch slightly to the left, and to the right for presumably better typing. It does take a bit to get used to.

The clarity of this screen is what surprises me the most. According to gsmarena.com, the MB632 has a 640 x 480 pixel display, with ~258 ppi pixel density. VERY clear!

The performance of the phone is superb. It has a 1GHZ processor with 512mb of ram. Sometimes there is a slight pause when loading certain applications.

The phone also has a 5MP camera, very clear.

All in all I would give this phone a 4/5 stars. The reason I wouldn't give it a 5/5 is that this phone cannot be upgraded to Android Ice Cream sandwitch, so it is stuck at the latest Ginger Bread verson.

Great buy and I am really happy with it.

Rate and Discover Movies