1,496 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Charging times using the Motorola SPN5504 Battery Charger
For those interested...

The output rating of the Motorola SPN5504 Battery Charger (as of April 2011, no longer directly stocked by Motorola) is 850 MA (milliamperes) at 5.1 volts. The lithium-ion battery within the Motorola Droid 2 Global cellphone, Type BP6X, is rated at 1420 mAH (milliampere-hours, typical). So, if you were to use the cellphone, discharging...
Published on April 19, 2011 by just-in-time

1.0 out of 5 stars 3.3 ft?
Someone needs to brush on metric to SAE conversion! The dang cord is only about 18 inches long (at most) and is not practicaln for a wall charger. It barely reaches the floor much less reaches anything else! Unfortunately, for me I had already ordered a 2nd one before the first arrived. Lesson learned! However, the motorola quality is still there.
Published on April 27, 2012 by Kenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for Raspberry Pi. Works Great!, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Motorola Micro-USB Home and Travel Charger (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought this as an inexpensive power supply for a Raspberry Pi, and it works great! The USB cable separates from the AC unit, which helps with portability and may also be used for other devices. Definitely worth the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading photo - Amazon, October 19, 2011
Price is right and it is what it says in the descriptive text, however.... The photo is misleading. Pictured is a wall wart type power adapter and an unattached cable with a USB A-type connector at one end, adapting to a USB Micro connector at the other.

That's not the case. The cable is hardwired, with the micro USB at the end. No problem this time. I bought several as chargers for some Logitech wireless keyboards. They will work for that. However, I overbought hoping to keep a few around as universal USB power supplies, but their usefulness will now be predicated on the unit to be powered having the exact right connector.

Caveat emptor

5.0 out of 5 stars Identical to Factory, January 7, 2011
I bought three of these as I need one every place I go. This item is identical to the one that came with my Droid X, down to the part number and labels. I'm very happy with it. Now if I could only find a battery that lasts more than 1 hour, all would be perfect. Cost was 1/5 th of retail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly the same Motorola charger at a fraction of the price, January 6, 2011
D. Deep (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
This USB charger is identical in every way to the chargers that were supplied by Verizon for my Motorola Barrage flip phone and my wife's Motorola DROID. Same identifying labels, same hologram, etc. Works perfectly, and is far, far cheaper than I'd have paid for a replacement for the one that came with the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars works and powers my Raspberry Pi, September 24, 2012
In case you're looking for a cheap power supply for your raspberry pi I can confirm that this does indeed do the job. Reading the voltage between TP1 and TP2 I get 4.92v, which is fine. YMMV

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Verizon, June 15, 2011
This is the exact same charger that came with my phone for a fraction of the price that Verizon wanted for a replacement. After leaving my charger on the train, I was stranded on a rather long visit home with no way to charge my phone. I checked my options, and found that Verizon wanted a ridiculous bounty for a replacement. I instead purchased this for about ten percent of Verizon's asking price. Based on the packaging and the wear marks on the unit, I do not believe this to be brand new (perhaps refurbished?) but it was definitely worth saving $35 for almost no difference. It charges my phone with no problems, and that's really all I need from a charger.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works. No retail packaging., March 3, 2011
WM (Carmel, IN) - See all my reviews
It looks and smells like its from Motorola. It's probably OEM. No retail packaging, which was not a big deal but if buying as a gift...

But most importantly, it works on ATT iphone 4 (yes with apple's special usb cable - the included is microUSB), T-Mobile Comet (Android), and other accessories (e.g. bluetooth headsets).

Can't beat the price, bought it from Amazon as the seller and for a little over 4 notes...........

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, September 12, 2011
Product arrived on time, but only worked for 30 minutes, hasn't worked since. Not worth the trouble of returning, but I won't buy antoher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised, November 23, 2010
This is exactly the same product that came with the phone originally. Couldn't get it from Verizon directly and I'm glad I couldn't I am sure they would have charged a minumum of $39.99.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, nothing special, April 22, 2013
Works as advertised. Currently used with a Raspberry Pi with no problems. Happy with the product. Four more words needed.

Rate and Discover Movies