5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, with good fidelity
I've been using the Motorola Oasis headset for about a week, so these are my initial impressions...I'll update this review if anything changes.

Published on September 23, 2010 by W. B. Halper

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit, Mediocre Sound Quality
Published on October 28, 2010 by RPadTV

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, with good fidelity, September 23, 2010
This review is from: Motorola Oasis Bluetooth Headset - Motorola Retail Packaging (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

As the title indicates, I've found this headset to be comfortable over periods of extended wear. There are three different size earpiece cushions, allowing it to fit different ear canal sizes. The distance between the ear speaker and the loop that goes over the top of the ear is fixed, but should accommodate most ear sizes. If you have unusually large ears, you might want to look at a different style headset. I wear glasses and haven't had a problem with the behind the ear section interfering with the glasses stem...again, your mileage may vary. The microphone and earpiece are free to rotate, allowing the headset to be used on either your right or left ear.

Pairing with my cell phone was extremely fast. The headset powers up in pairing mode and my cell found it almost immediately. This headset can be paired with two different bluetooth devices, if you want to use it with your computer for Skype or video chat.

The noise cancellation works well. I wouldn't expect it to be very useful if you drive on the freeway with your windows down, but normal road noises and the like are practically inaudible to people I've called. Incoming calls are as clear as when I'm holding the phone directly against my ear.

Two things I really like in the physical design: a sliding on-off switch and the standard micro-usb charging connector. The slide switch is right at the top of the headset. There's a very small LED in the switch that changes color depending on the status of the headset...flashing blue for paired; green for fully charged; etc. Unlike LEDs on a number of other headsets, it's not bright enough to be a distraction at night. When you turn the headset on, there's a voice prompt that tells you the the state of the battery charge. Having a standard charging connector is a nice touch. I don't know about you, but I have an insane number of strange charging blocks around my house...the designers of proprietary power connectors should be banished to the inner circles of Dante's Inferno.

This is my eleventh bluetooth headset*. It's the best one yet.

* - That I can remember - three Jawbones; three Jabras; Two Plantronix; One other Motorola and a VTech.

(Two month update...I still like this headset. All my others are sitting in various drawers, wondering why they're not getting used any more.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Headset I've had, March 29, 2011
I have tried a variety of headsets and this one is by far the best that I have used. While the sound cancellation isn't up to the Jawbone, it is very close, and more than makes up for it by the way it fits. I work most of the time outdoors on construction sites and it works great under those conditions. I can hear, and be heard, under most conditions. The headset is also so comfortable that it doesn't hardly feel like it is there. I highly recommend this headset.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit, Mediocre Sound Quality, October 28, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wanted to love this product but ended up "only" liking it. As soon as I opened the box, I tried it on and love the fit. After using the last three Aliph Jawbone models, I was hoping for something more comfortable and Motorola knocked it out of the park with the Oasis' fit. Pairing with my phone and PC was simple, but any modern Bluetooth device should pair easily -- this is 2010 after all. With all of that going, the Oasis was off to an excellent start.

Then the next two weeks of use came and I was disappointed in the unit's sound quality. This doesn't sound nearly as good as the Jawbones I've used. I'm surprised that there are other reviews that claim this is a better headset in terms of sound. This was not my experience at all. Incoming sound is a tinnier than the Jawbone's. The noise cancellation doesn't work nearly as well. My test for this is making a call on the corner of Wilshire/Vermon in Los Angeles -- a street with heavy car and bus traffic. With the Jawbone, my friends had no idea I was calling them in such a busy area. While the Oasis blocked out a good amount of sound, my friends said that they could definitely hear background sound. Overall the sound quality is a little above average, but in my experience not nearly as good as what Aliph offers with its Jawbone products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ergonomically designed BT headset I've ever used, December 4, 2010
I've owned many bluetooth headsets over the years, but the Oasis is the best design for my ear. My ear shape is such that any bluetooth headset which has the ear piece of which a part must reside inside the ear has always had difficulty fitting. The Oasis ear piece(s) fits perfectly. I can rotate my head in any direction, at any speed and the headset will not move, fall out, or loosen up against my ear. My ear cannot accommodate any headset which simply uses an inner ear piece. Everyone I have tried will eventually fall out of my ear due to movement or simply operating the headset by touch. Since the Oasis not only has an ear piece which resides in the ear as well as an ear hook over the outside of the ear, this product is the best I've ever used.

I also own an H17 which I was very happy with. It was very comfortable, unobtrusive due to its small size, and has excellent sound quality. The Oasis meets my bluetooth headset needs even better. It also gives battery level upon turn-on, tells you which phone the headset is connected to (it will also connect to two different cell phones in your possession, allowing you to switch back and forth between the two).The picture of this headset is a little deceiving. It is neither too large, clunky, nor awkward for use. It is quite small, has excellent sound quality and is as easy to pair as the H17. I do wear glasses and find that it sits on the ear best when you put the headset on first, then put on your glasses. It is extremely comfortable while in use and you don't even notice it is there.

This is a great product and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motorola Oasis, January 31, 2011
I've had 10 bluetooth headsets this is by far the best one I've had in a long time. Great sound, no noise, holds a charge all day and night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Non techy reviewer likes this headset - it works for several reasons..., April 25, 2011
M L (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I cannot speak about the sound quality of this headset in comparison to others, but I've owned many models including Aliph Jawbone Prime (horrible fit for me, kept falling out of my ear) & Jabra BT250, Motorola H12 & H790, Samsung WEP200, Sound ID 300. This review will be about the general experience in set up and usage and I'm intending this review to be helpful for the non-techy person who just wants to know "does it work well?" I'm going to say yes, and that I'm happy for the following reasons...Super comfortable and stable. It's so light and comfortable that if it wasn't hooked behind my ear I would worry more about it falling out of my ear. It was slightly noticeable at first with sunglasses on but easy to adjust to. Set up was super fast and easy as it seems to be in pairing mode when I turn it on (if it doesn't recognize a trusted device). Past headphones were tricky to get into pairing mode. Also, the voice prompts tell me if/when the headset is connected to a phone and what the battery level is. With bluetooth headphones I'm always worried about battery level so this feature is nice that is automatically reports. Separate buttons for call receiving than from the volume controls which are marked by dots that you can feel. No more searching around for buttons wondering what you are pushing. For those of you that need it a separate mute button altogether! This can be useful in crunch times. For those that appreciate good looks and good function, the unit has a nice quality to the build and the arm and earpiece rotate so that the unit folds flat into a square shape. Very easy for putting into a pocket or small case. Good for right or left ears. So far no complaints on sound quality for both sides. The volume in the earpiece gets loud enough so that I can hear the other end if I'm in a noisy environment. Not all of my past headsets got loud enough (or maybe the fit wasn't good enough). Overall and especially for the price I would definitely recommend this headset to a friend or family member. It's simple, it lets you know the status of the headset and it works. I hope you find this review helpful to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and clear: what a BT headset should be, March 3, 2011
Fred Ritter (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
I've had the Oasis for about 3 months. It replaced a very old Logitech unit whose battery had finally failed. I am extremely picky about the comfort of headsets, earphones, earbuds, etc. -- and this is the only recent headset I've found that meets my needs. The elements of the headset are all adjustable -- the stalk of the speaker that goes into your ear adjusts independently of the microphone stalk. This level of adjustability, and the light weight, are the two critical bits that go into making this a headset you can wear all day without any ear trouble. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT Headset..., January 30, 2011
I've tried Motorola headsets in the past, but ended up fighting problems with keeping them paired to my various phones. So for a while I gave up and went to Plantronics headsets, which I liked for years. But with my new Blackberry I had problems with the Plantronics, and decided to give this new Oasis a try - and I LOVE it. It is the most comfortable best sounding headset I've owned. And it seems that the issues with pairing are in the past. I've read other reviews where people talk about it being so comfortable that you forget you're wearing it - and that is exactly true. If I want to make a call I find myself having to touch the headset to see if it's on my ear or not. Pretty cool. My first unit had a defective power adapter, but this was easy to get swapped out with Amazon. The only reason I didn't give it a higher rating is that I saw some issues in situations where I was a distance from the headset (in this case I was in a restaurant and the headset was outside in my car) and the headset kept connecting, then disconnecting, then connecting again. Not sure if this issue is the headset's or the phone's, but it was slightly annoying. Still - the BEST headset I've owned (and I've owned a lot..).

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth headset, March 24, 2011
I have had this unit for a year now and still use it daily.
with new cell phone use while driving laws this unit
is easy to use and has good audio for me and the person on the
other end of the conversation. It can monitor two cell phones with no difficulty for the user and the headset lets you know which phone has the call and you can
go back and forth between the two cells easily.
Music can be heard through this unit using an application like BTaudio.

2.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics User Surprised!, February 14, 2011
UPDATE!
I used this for a couple of months on my EVO 4G and its started disconnecting. I switched to my new EVO 3D and it did the same thing. I could be in the middle of a conversation in my office, car or wherever and it would disconnect. I would would try to answer a call, NO go. Being in the middle of a conversation and having it disconnect CAN make you a bit crazy.
Don't buy, its JUNK!

Like many of you, I have gone thru SO MANY of these things, I should start a museum!
My last B.T. was a Plantronics Voyager Pro and it never really was as good as the 510 that it replaced! I always has people tell me that I sounded like I was in a tunnel with a bad connection. I never really thought about the fact that the call quality that I was hearing wasn't even as good as a cheaper Discovery that I had years earlier! I did LOTS of homework on this for my HTC EVO and while I had never been impressed with past offerings from Motorola, this looked interesting! I have to admit that this really is the best call quality I have ever had on a bluetooth device! Maybe, its just an ideal marriage between the EVO and the Oasis! I don't mind spending a few extra bucks, but the Blue Ant didn't impress me and I don't get what everyone loves about the Jawbone. I bought one two years ago with their infamous noise assisin software and I was far from impressed!
This really is a great earpiece. You do need to handle it gingerly though, its NOT a tank and it will come apart if your not careful...