The Motorola Photon is a feature-packed Android smartphone powered by a 1 GHz dual-core Tegra2 processor, and features a high-resolution 4.3-inch qHD screen, a 8 megapixel camera, and a front facing camera. The Photon supports WiMAX 4G and GSM/WCDMA global capabilities. Other key features include support for PC-like dock accessories, built-in kickstand for media viewing, HDMI and DLNA TV output, WiFi, and a microSD memory card slot. This Android device also offers access to thousands of apps, games, movies, and music on Google's Play Store.
The Motorola PHOTON 4G for Sprint provides ultra-fast, on-the-go connectivity via Sprint's 4G network as well as global voice and data connectivity for your world travels. Running the Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS (learn more below), it's powered by a 1 GHz dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor and includes 1 GB of powerful PC-grade RAM, empowering you to browse, download, and multitask all at maximum speeds. And with the optional HD Multimedia Dock, you can connect to an external monitor to play music and videos on the big screen as well as take advantage of Motorola's innovative webtop application for full Firefox multi-tab browsing.
It runs on Sprint's expanding 4G network, offering simultaneous voice and data connectivity and download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Additionally, the phone can still connect to 3G data services in areas not currently served by Sprint's 4G network (learn more about Sprint's 4G network below). And whether traveling to Europe or Asia, the PHOTON 4G provides globetrotters the freedom of reliable global connectivity to GSM and 3G UMTS networks via Sprint Worldwide international services.
The PHOTON 4G features a brilliant 4.3-inch qHD display, which offers a rich 24-bit color depth and a 960 x 540-pixel resolution for extremely sharp images. And the screen is made of scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass with a glare-reducing coating. It also comes with a kickstand integrated into the rear of the handset for easy viewing of video.
Equipped with powerful imaging enhancement software, the PHOTON's 8-megapixel camera delivers shutter lag speeds rivaling those of a standalone digital camera--less blur, fewer missed shots, more action, more picture perfect photos. You can capture HD 720p videos from the rear 8-MP camera, and the PHOTON 4G boasts a front-facing VGA camera for easy on-the-go video chats.
Connect to home, business, and hotspot networks with the integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, and you'll be able to share your 4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously via the 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability. Other features include GPS for navigation and location-based services, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 16 GB internal memory, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, full HTML browser, and up to 10 hours of talk time.
Includes integrated kickstand for optimal video viewing (view larger).
Stream the latest Hollywood hits and TV shows instantly and view them in beautiful clarity thanks to the Motorola PHOTON 4G's stunning 4.3-inch qHD display. With the optional HD Multimedia Dock, you can connect to a big screen (either HDTV or external monitor with HDMI port) as well as plug in peripherals such as a keyboard or a mouse via its USB ports for a PC-like experience. You can also connect the PHOTON 4G to external monitors via an optional wired HDMI cable as well as stream video and audio to compatible DLNA devices.
With 16 GB of onboard storage with the option to expand storage of up to 48 GB with an optional microSD card, the PHOTON 4G allows you to keep photos and videos directly on the device. Or if you prefer, share them immediately on social media sites like Flikr, Picasa, or Facebook.
Access Business Productivity
The PHOTON 4G features Motorola's revolutionary webtop application, which extends the PHOTON into something far beyond the average smartphone. Just connect your PHOTON to unique HD Multi-Media dock accessory and webtop does the rest. Via an HDMI connection to HDTV or PC monitor, launch a full Firefox 4.0 browser that gives you access to your phone’s interface, 200,000 Android Marketplace apps, surf the Web, make calls, send texts, or run GoogleDocs, and other Web apps.
To make sure this data remains yours alone, PHOTON 4G implements several business-grade security measures such as data encryption and remote device management for maximum security. Take it everywhere as PHOTON 4G keeps you connected with world phone calling and video chat for the easiest way to stay ahead the world around.
The Motorola PHOTON 4G weighs 5.6 ounces and measures 5 x 2.6 x 0.5 inches. Its 1700 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 10 hours of talk time and up to 200 hours (8.3 days) of standby time. It runs on Sprint's 4G network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Motorola PHOTON 4G handset, rechargeable battery, USB cable/charger, pre-installed global SIM card, quick start guide
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity with simultaneous voice and data capability (peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps)
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) in areas not yet served by 4G (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- GPS navigation capabilities via Google Maps Navigation (plus pre-loaded Telenav GPS Navigator)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- DLNA capabilities enables you to share your photo albums, videos and movies wirelessly with a compatible HDTV or other DLNA device.
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging.
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype text input for fast text entry.
- View attachments using pre-loaded Quickoffice app (compatible with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF)
- Dual-core 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones.
- 1 GB RAM for improved multitasking
- 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen display (Quarter High Definition; 960 x 540 pixels) with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- MicroUSB port
- HDMI port with 1080p HMDI Mirror Mode output to your HDTV or monitor.
- Removable battery
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 8-megapixel camera with LED flash, touch-to-focus, face recognition, panoramic modes, and more.
- Capture video in Full HD 720p resolution (30 fps)
- Front-facing VGA camera for video chats
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV
- FM radio
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- TTY compatible
- Bilingual interface (English, Spanish)
Sprint's Blazing Fast 4G Network
Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service in 32 markets (with more coming online soon). Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving this mobile phone the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today. Sprint 4G network coverage is expected to reach 120 million people by the end of 2010.
Sprint 4G services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video--all while on the go, not just from the home or office. Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G. Some examples include:
- Real estate agents can conduct virtual property tours.
- Construction teams using 4G in the field can save valuable time by sharing schematics with engineers online.
- Insurance companies can speed their claims management through real-time communication with on-site adjusters.
- Health care professionals can improve their ability to remotely monitor patients.
- Emergency first responders can rapidly assess and coordinate disaster action with real-time on-site video and audio.
- Photojournalists can instantly transfer high-resolution images to the newsroom.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Motorola PHOTON 4G runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation. Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The PHOTON 4G also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.