Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Personal Computers|Change

on January 26, 2014
It could use an opening in the case so you can recharge in the tablet without opening the cover. Conversely there is easy access to the SD card which I would have liked protected better. Seems like the opening should have been better placed.
on March 22, 2011
I should have listened to the reviews, but for lack of any other suitable product I purchased this one. Needless to say it will be going back. The cheapness of the material and lack of fit and finish is so bad its not worth going into, mine wont even close! I do not know how Motorola can sell such a thing, its almost defective. Buy a neoprene sleeve, you'll be happier and your expensive toy better protected.
on October 3, 2012
I got this because it was cheap and I didn't need anything fancy. I can see where some people would not like it. The charge port is covered and you have to open the case in order to charge the tablet. It seems some what flimsy. I just wanted a basic case to keep my tablet in so that it didn't get scratched up or damaged, it does that very well.
on March 16, 2012
I bought this at a local store and liked the slim feel and overall design. It is comfortable in my hand and seems to protect the Xoom well. However, it has a few design flaws that get in the way.

The Xoom is held in place with two small tabs of plastic. After awhile these wear down and the Xoom starts to slip out of the case. This was only an annoyance at first, because it would slip down onto the volume button at turn off the sound. However, after it slipped out completely and fell onto the floor (thankfully is was carpeted and so there was no damage) I realized this was a real problem. I now have la rubber band wrapped around the case to stop happening again.

I would also agree with some others on there not being a cut out for the power and other plugs is a problem, and it doesn't always stay in the propped-up position very well.

For the $18 they list on Amazon, I would recommend it. At that price the pros out weight the cons (as long as you are aware of them). I wouldn't pay the $40 list... again.
on January 10, 2013
I purchased this for my wife's Xoom (family edition) and unfortunately it did not fit. Apparently the FE is a larger tablet than the original. Overall though I would consider this cover barely worth the $6 its listed for. The materials are not quality, it feels pretty flimsy and does not look like it will latch very securely. Definitely not a good alternative to a nice $30 leather/vinyl case but it looks like it could get the job done. Frankly after seeing this one in person, I would spring for a nicer, more expensive case that I could fully trust to keep my Xoom safe.
on April 10, 2011
I agree that this case could have used a couple holes in the plastic for charging or USB connection. Not sure why they didn't include them, but I just cut a couple holes myself (the holes need to be in the flexible plastic not the ridgid part so it's pretty easy). With that it works great as a case. My guess is that they didn't want people trying to leave the xoom in this case while trying to charge it in the dock, while you can leave the rubber skin on to charge it in the dock.

Other than the charging hole issue, I like this case. It holds the Xoom very securely, and the tilt options are a nice addition. I also have the rubber skin and this case is much more protective, and you don't have to worry about fingerprints when carrying the xoom around held at your side like a book.

I have not had it slide around so far as some others have mentioned. Maybe they don't have it snapped in all the way. I find if it is in all the way the rubberized back of the xoom is plenty "sticky" enough that it won't slide down in the case.

UPDATE

I would just like to add that I have used this case for a while now and it works great for me after cutting out the charging hole. I can even use it to charge on the HDMI dock with no issues while still in the case (I use the case adapter for the dock, just be careful that you get it seated correctly, don't slam it into the dock). I haven't taken my Xoom out of this case at all in 2 months.
on November 5, 2013
This case is simple yet nice looking. Seems to protect the xoom well but I have tried dropping it. I also have a flip case that has much better reviews, but I actually like this one much more because it's easier to let the xoom lean at different angles.
on February 28, 2013
This case is both protective and mininal in size. It really does the job well. I love the added feature that originally it didnt have. They have placed a perfectly aligned hole for charging where is was needed. NICE !
on January 30, 2014
I had an original version of this case and it served me well for 4 years. This case is as well padded as the original and built to be much more functional and durable in every respect. It is an exellant value.
on March 13, 2013
I was looking for a nice leather case and only bought this one because at $3.64, new, it was hard to pass up. Instead of being an afterthought it is a real winner. I've read the other reviews and I can deal with not having charger access when it is closed. Compared to the faux leather and genuine leather cases I've bought it does not have any strong chemical smell, the edges of the screen are easily accessible for touchscreen commands, the tablet is very securely held and it is the thinnest case when folded. The only downside is that it is plastic and not leather which is what I wanted. But it is the best package for the price and even if the price was nearer to the original retail it is still an excellent package.