5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Phone, Great Customer Service
I decided to switch from AT&T to Verizon after
1) Becoming disillusioned with the quality (or lack there-of) of AT&T's network.
2) Becoming fed up with the "walled garden" of the iPhone/iOS, and the poor performance of the iPhone 3GS in particular.
3) Deciding to consolidate cell phone accounts with my partner, who has a Verizon phone.

I did my...
Published on March 16, 2012 by Brad Hopkins

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone needs to be charged every 2-3 hours. Useless.
I got this phone at Verizon's recommendation. I then found it would burn through a full charged battery in about 2-3 hours. I would hate to see it once it's been broken in a while.
At Verizon's recommendation they have you turn off 4g, bluetooth, wifi, and basically everything that makes this a smart phone. Even with that, the phone burned through a charge in less...
Published 22 months ago by Slick Shopper

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG, May 3, 2012
This review is from: Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
excellent computer/phone. highly engineered. over engineered to beat their competitors. but they compromised when they used gorilla glass and didn't wait to do their homework. the gorilla glass DOESN'T WORK.

keep in mind that you will probably be using this device for about 2 years. are you ever going to drop the phone? bang. and the manufacturer and your server will deny you a replacement but will offer you a repair for the cost of another phone. forget the insurance too. not covered. i have dropped my other phones a hundred times. more than that. no problem. DO NOT DROP THIS PHONE, even when it is in the case (skinny phone in a fat case?). mine fell on my foot from 2 feet (shirt pocket when bending over. very slippery phone. that's nice), bounced onto the floor and shattered the glass. and i am not alone with this.

you will have this phone for 2 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buggier than a flophouse mattress, September 7, 2012
Both Verizon and Motorola have known about numerous bugs on this phone for months. The problems started happening with the ICS update in June.

The issues range from the inability to connect on either 4G or 3G networks to the phones becoming completely inoperable. Google "Motorola Droid Razr problems after ICS" for more info.

Verizon and Motorola were supposed to issue ICS bug fixes in August. Now they are saying the bug fixes will come sometime in September.

Motorola just released new versions of the Droid Razrs this week. They may or may not have the ICS bug fixes. It might be smart to wait for the fixes before purchasing any Motorola Razr.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great phone - Terrible durability, March 22, 2012
M. Mayes "Inspire" (Cary, NC United States) - See all my reviews
Summary Review:

The phone is great
Durability is terrible - IMO the phone needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap, hardly the marketing Kevlar, Gorilla Glass, nanoparticles that Motorola advertise on their website.
Motorola Customer Service - Terrible

Details:

Really enjoyed my Razr for 3-4 weeks, then I decided to take it on a run. As with my previous smart phones I placed it in a pack pocket without any other items in that pocket (except some tissues). I ran a easy 2 miles and got back to find 2 cracks in the screen (Gorilla Glass) one at the top and bottom of the phone.

So I contact Motorola, and what a nightmare that turns out to be. Takes 4 or 5 calls and a couple of hours just to get them to send me a Fed-Ex label incorrectly addressed. Today I get an email from Motorola, telling me it's not covered under warranty and I have 2 options:

1) Repair it with a $159 fee
2) Return it as is

I then call Motorola, and voice my complaint, that I didn't do anything to the phone that I haven't done with other smart phones, without any issues. I hadn't dropped, hit, fell on the phone, it was in a pouch in my pack, and from a 2 mile run it had cracked the screen. I then asked to talk to a manager, which required me to wait 20+mins without a manager coming on the line. So I asked for a manager to call me back, which they did (60-90 mins later) and I repeat the whole story.

Outcome I end up paying to have it repaired.

5.0 out of 5 stars First time Android user, July 2, 2012
I have been using the Droid Razr for a little under five months now. This is my first time using an Android based phone and to be honest I was a little confused when I first used it but in no time I was able to learn my way around the phone.

Adding apps is very simple and I love that you can create your own folders and keep every thing organized (which helps immensely when you have over 100 apps).

The phone is very lightweight. Again it took me a bit to get used to it and I felt like I was going to drop it every time I picked it up so if you are used to a slightly heavier phone I would recommend putting a case not only to protect your phone but to help with getting adjusted to how light weight it is.

I've read a lot of complaints on the battery life but I had no issues with it. The best way to save your battery is to put the phone in "Sleep Mode" when you are not using it. I traveled recently and kept my phone in sleep mode when I wasn't using it and managed to go three days without recharging.

The 4g is one of the best feature of this phone. I have never had the 4g go out or any issues on using any processes that involves internet. For this one feature I would gladly give up my old iPhone and switch to the Droid.

The camera is great for outdoors and so so for indoors but you don't buy a phone for it's camera capabilities, you buy it for it's usefulness and functioning features which I believe the Razr to have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone, July 14, 2012
I bought the Motorola Droid RAZR as a replacement for my Droid X.

SCREEN: I prefer the larger screen (4.3") than the iPhone (3.5"). The RAZR screen may not have as much pixel density of the iPhone 4/4S, but it is still very bright and sharp.

CONNECTIVITY: The 4G LTE is really quick. Also, I use the wi-fi feature at home to decrease my data usage.

PROCESSOR: The dual core 1.2 GHz processor is very quick. This should be the minimum requirement for any Android phone.

OPERATING SYSTEM: Originally, Gingerbread OS was installed, but I was waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich OS. I finally got ICS OS upgrage a few days ago. Although ICS OS has a lot of nice features over Gingerbread OS, one of my biggest complaints is that my battery life decreased significantly, since I no longer have an option of using 3G. 4G LTE is the only option, which drains your battery faster, uses more of your data plan and heats up your phone to close to thermo-nuclear proportions.

BUILD: The RAZR is very comfortable and very light. It is build with the highest quality of material.

BATTERY: Awful. 3 hours of heavy use, 5 hours of moderate use and 12 hours of light use. Who uses a smart phone lightly???

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Smart Phone, April 24, 2012
This is my first smart phone and I am loving it. With a little bit of play, I have learned how to use the different features. I always thought "I don't need a smart phone". Now I will never have another phone that isn't. My husband got a regular phone the same day. He too thought he didn't need anything special on his phone. After all the different features I showed him on my phone and he played with mine a little bit, he took his back and traded it for a smart phone. The first day that I had it after letting it get a full charge the charge did only last 5 to 6 hours. The following day I received a call from Verizon Customer Service to see how my service was. The customer service rep gave me some pointers as a first time smart phone user. The one app that she told me about that has helped me the most is Green Power. This app does different things to your phone to reserve the charge. Such as turning off WiFi when not in use. I went from having to charge it after 6 hours of use to every other night. I am sure that there are probably other apps that do the same thing. I recommend that if you don't download Green Power that you atleast use another app that does the same thing. All and all I love the phone. If you haven't owned a smart phone before, I definetly suggest getting one. The Droid Razr 4G is a great phone to have.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this phone, June 24, 2012
I went to verizon 2.5 weeks ago when my blackberry storm died. It was under insurance but since it was the 2nd blackberry that died I wanted a different phone. I was informed insurance wouldn't put anything towards a new phone and since I was up for renewal I could just buy a new phone.

Anyways I knew nothing about android phones. I wasn't even told that droid and android are totally different things and there were a lot more phones I could have selected from in store. The salesman outright lied to me about battery life. He told me it was the latest phone and the battery would last all day even with using email and web. Well the battery lasts 2-3 hours with heavy use and 6 with light use. My screen keeps refusing to rotate and the only wat to fix it is to power it down completely and turn it back on. My keyboard keeps popping up a message saying it has to force stop. I brought my phone to the store with these concerns. I was informed that the battery life was "normal" and there is nothing wrong with the phone. However if I want a replacement they will ship me a refurbished phone. Excuse me I just bought this phone less than a month ago. My phone is new so I expect the replacement to be new. I talked to tech support and they were going to ship me a brand new one but would have to charge me $200 and would refund it when they received the old phone. Well I didn't have that so I was told to go to the store I bought it at and they should be able to trade. So to the store I go. The manager helped me as I had already been in and was told the issues I'm having are normal. So the manager calls tech support and tells me there is no record of the exchange the tech had started to process but never completed as I didn't have money. The manager outright told me it was my word against theirs. They have no proof so I'm wrong. They could sent me a "certified" preowned or refurbished phone. She also added that none of her employees would have made the claims the salesman made in front of my mother and I. She heard him too. He said. Battery life would be fairly comparable to my blackberry life. Well it isn't and I don't have an outlet following me around constantly. With this battery I could get stuck in a pretty bad situation and not have a phone to call out. So now I'm shopping around for a new carrier that won't screw me over. I told verizon to take my bill and shove it. I wasn't paying another cent until they decided to fix this issue. I've been a customer for 8yrs and this is how the repay me. They told me the person whose name is on my bill wohkd be responsible for the bill however they are filling for bankruptcy so verizon and stuff it. I'm getting a sIII as soon as it is available and trading this phone if for credit towards it. After the wayy I was treated, I will not use verizon anymore. They chased away a customer that has been with them a very long time.

If you want a phone that you can use for more than 3 hours, don't buy this phone. The battery is crap and cannot be removed. If you really want a droid get the maxx. Otherwise check out all the other option available.

2.0 out of 5 stars battery lasts for about 20 min...seriously, September 24, 2012
The battery is pointless...if you are away from a charger for more that 1 hour...dont get this phone. spend the extra $ on the razr maxx...which is MUCH MUCH MUCH better.
The phone is fantastic, other than the battery.... razr maxx solves that.

4.0 out of 5 stars don't beleive the review of mM Mayes, August 11, 2012
Gail Williams (Ellabell, GA, US) - See all my reviews
My name is Eric I drive a tanker truck for a living and was on top of my trailer standing and droped my phone about 15 feet onto the blacktop glass down and did not crack and only had a little scratch on the edge so i think its very durable

3.0 out of 5 stars Very expensive paperweight, March 27, 2013
This phone worked OK for about 6 months and I really enjoyed using it during that time. It's a speedy little microcomputer and an adequate phone. The app selection was adequate (I'm a business/consumer user and don't really play games).

Then the problems started.

After 6 months, if I made a change to sound settings, I ended up with random music files blasting at 2am as a 'notification'.

After the upgrade to ICS, my SIM card stopped working.

After 9 months, the earphone stopped working and I could no longer hear callers during a phone call.

After 12 months, bluetooth voice recognition stopped working.

After 15 months, the phone stopped charging.

Since it was out of warranty, Verizon would not replace the phone. Instead, I was offered $15 for a trade in. I didn't take it and now have a very expensive paperweight.

I was a loyal Motorola customer for over 10 years, but I'll never buy another Motorola device again.

======

Pros:
Processor speed
4G broadband speed
Good display quality
Good responsiveness of touchscreen

Cons:
Operating system (Motorola skin) unreliable and buggy
Faulty hardware
Using phone as mobile hotspot requires daily reboot (and there is no means of automatically rebooting on a schedule)
No way to turn off camera-click sound while taking a screenshot or rebooting

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›